I did what I said I wasn't going to do

I actually have been having fun with the mode (in Plunderstorm no one knows you play on Quel’Thalas) but a little goes a long way. Ideally I’d like to grind 1-2 renown levels a day, but I really need the 750 tenders before the end of the month so I’m grinding more than I would like.

A quarter of the time. The entire first half of the renown track could be cut and it wouldn’t make a difference.

1 Like

Ok.

So that sounds like a player issue where you are intentionally doing a repetitive motion that is not the intended gameplay loop. Then complaining that the optional way one picked to play is too grindy and repetitive and boring.

So we cut 1/4th the rewards? Cause thats a ton of rewards for 3 days.

Are you not familiar with the word reconnect?

The purpose of a system is what it does. If a player wants to get the renown completed, the fastest route is to do the quest and die, therefore the intention is for those players to do the quest and die.

A lot of terrible things look a lot better in the rear-view mirror.

4 Likes

The “intended gameplay loop” sucks and is worse than just the grind.

Why to spite what I’m saying? Why should we need to grind that much (and if you play the “intended” way it would take even longer) in a separate game?

Are you not familiar with the word disconnect?

1 Like

Sure. But then to use that method then complain that Plunderstorm is too repetitive seems silly.

“what if I ignore trying to win plunderstorm, which would bring in change to the gameplay loop. and only do this method. then complain its plunderstorm’s fault”

People seem to enjoy it

I am just saying thats a ton of rewards. We dont typically get that many rewards for 3-4 days of casual in game activities.

1 Like

:man_shrugging:

Whether people want to admit it or not, this IS the intended way to play it, you don’t launch with a loophole like that, leave it in, and then say “whoops, we didn’t think the players would do this!”

1 Like

Except just because something launched a way does not mean it was the intended way to do it. Ever.

In any MMO.

Thats not how things work.

1 Like

It is when it stays that way.

Or at least it’s reasonable to conclude that it is.

Do they? Most of my 100s of games had tons of people complaining in the lobby that it sucks and they’re only there to grind the renown.

Then the first half of the renown track should be cut. There’s a lot of worthless junk there.

2 Likes

its a mid pirate set my own custom one is better

Its been 2 weeks?

Or maybe they see that some prefer this unintended way of getting content done, and they dont want to remove it?

It doesnt become “intended” after the fact. Thats not how that word works.

But technically you don’t know if it’s truly intended or not. Only Blizzard knows that. You’re only speculating.

It does lol. They can say whatever they want about it but if they don’t change it then they wanted it that way.

Intentions are revealed by results and the response to them, not by what people claim the ideal outcome is, and they’ve said nothing that would indicate this isn’t what they want anyhow.

It’s a shame you added to their numbers if you hated it.

Then please also call out someone stating its intended for people to play this specific way.

What.

Intend - design or destine someone or something for a particular purpose or end.

You cant say you designed something for a particular purpose AFTER the fact.

No, that is not how that word works.

“Intention” is not a fluid retroactive thing. Its what your goals are from the planning/design stage.

1 Like

i would land on a non elite next to an elite. Your first mob kill is a guaranteed a power so by landing on an elite you are just getting the 1 power that being an elite would have guaranteed anyway instead of the 2 you would get by landing on a non elite and killing the elite.

1 Like