I did what I said I wasn't going to do

I grinded out 40 renown in plunderstorm. The grind was way too long. It needs to be half of what it is currently at least. I personally hated it. The game is fine for what it is and for those who actually like that kind of thing but putting wow rewards behind a rep grind in a separate game absolutely SUCKS.

Yes, I did take the survey and let them know how I felt.

Now I can get back to what I actually enjoy, playing wow and not a ham fisted pvp poopstorm.

45 Likes

Thanks for sharing.

9 Likes

Congrats, I finished today too. The things we do for mog.

17 Likes

Ain’t that the truth…

6 Likes

I’d love to try and get the transmog and stuff but whenever I play I get instantly shut down and can’t even got one piece of plunder. Pretty sure they can smell the failure in me and zero in

9 Likes

You’re a better person than I. I’ve tried multiple times, but I make it one game and want to throw myself into a wall.

8 Likes

I was in the same boat. Did not intend on playing plunderstorm but i did and finished today. If not for the mog and rewards i would not have done it. The game play IMO sucks and still wonder how someone like say lvl 2 being chased by someone much higher cross map is skill ( not real pvp IMO ) And wonder how they can zig zag and zip around you with great speed. At least i’m done with it. If they ever bring it back i doubt that i will do it again. Game play was not worth the mog-rewards or headache to be honest the kids can have their fortnite style crap.

10 Likes

Just do what most of us done. Complete quest run into storm die and do over you get it done faster than trying to stay alive.

5 Likes

I played 1 round.

There isn’t a thing on that reward track that could get me to go through all that nonsense. :dracthyr_crylaugh:

10 Likes

Best advice I can give you is wait around on your bird and try not to land near other people. Once you know where the rares are you can just start dive bombing for an instant kill right off the bat, get a spell and hopefully the quest won’t be chests or an item. Do the quest, get as much coin as you can then just run into the storm or let a mob kill you.

My first few times in was nothing but fail after fail after fail. If you can stick with it and learn how to game the system, aim for 500 coin then just die, it becomes a boring grind but one that can be done mostly without too much pvp.

People who fight at level 1 or 2 are nothing but griefers.

Bingo! Blizzard knows this. I let them know in the survey that having a renown grind for rewards that aren’t even in Plunderstorm was a TERRIBLE decision. If a game can’t stand on it’s own with it’s own reward system then said game should fail and never return.

8 Likes

I still haven’t touched Plunderstorm and I don’t intend to. It looks like a boring as heck gamemode that conned people into enjoying it simply out of sheer boredom with the primary game (Human ADD with “new and interesting”). Seriously, if you’re that bored to play this half-arsed looking mode for fun, you should consider picking up a second game.

6 Likes

Not about the boredom for most of us, we just want the rewards so we can go back to happily enjoying world of warcraft.

6 Likes

Ugh I’m only renown 22. I only do a handful of matches a day because if I do any more I think I’ll go insane. Lol

I could probably hit renown 40 by Saturday if I no-life it I think. I’m considering it.

I feel like this is VERY exaggerated. Lol

Try to land in spots with less people if you want to avoid being eliminated immediately. Experiment with different landing spots, and new strategies and figure out what works for you.

Personally, I like landing at the Troll place, or the Ogre place because they have enough normal and elite NPCs, and a handful of chests for the quests, but they’re not very “good” spots to land do there usually isn’t more than 1 or 2 other people there.

Also try to land on top of an elite, since the landing instantly kills them, which gives you xp and plunder. If you can’t find an elite, normal NPCs work too, just not as well, but it’s better than nothing.

1 Like

It’s so worth it just to get it over and done with. It feels good to never have to touch it again.

3 Likes

Yeah my bad. I know a lot of you did it simply for the rewards and I personally apologize Blizz set you up for that.

If it was a fun looking, innovative game mode I might be less inclined to feel sympathetic. But it truly does look like hot garbage.

Then add in how they coerced a good number of you into it… It’s sad really.

1 Like

No one forced you to play Plunderstorm.

4 Likes

I’m just curious, what does making that comment accomplish? Nobody forced me to do it, nobody forces me to play wow, nobody forces me to play any game, nobody forces me to buy things I don’t want, nobody forces me to buy the clothes I do, nobody forces me to buy the food I do…I could go on but needless to say it’s the most useless comment I see when Plunderstorm is brought up.

19 Likes

He can’t help himself.

Congrats Lucrend. Glad you finished it up!

5 Likes

Thanks. It honestly feels good to be finished. My paladin looks like Blackbeard and looks good on my Dreadwake mount.

3 Likes

What did making this thread accomplish?

3 Likes