I Did It. Broke Rival tonight

Broke 1800 20mins ago.

I can say this:

After 140+ games, trial and error, talking to 2400cr guys for advice, going into some of Fadinglol’s discord group, losing streaks, winning streaks.

Find other B-tag buddies who have energy and communicate over shy mutes.

Bring a good Rogue. You will most of the time be disadvantaging your team if you don’t.

Ele/Boomy/affl lock was superior every time to X2 or X3 Boomy. We bested every cheese comp with that make up.

Don’t play every day. I found that first two days after reset and weekends were prime time for finding good players to pug with.

Two confident target callers was superior to one.

When a target is called EVERYONE should be blasting them.

It also takes a couple of minutes to drop healers so be patient.

Spinning flags is superior to assaulting bases.

Seething shore map: Grp1 team fight. GRP 2 DH + Disc priest Grp3 Rogue solo.

Goodluck guys. It’s possible but you gotta be patient.

Peace :blue_heart::crossed_fingers:

43 Likes

Congratulations!!!

2 Likes

Congrats :slight_smile: keep those contacts you made for S2!

1 Like

Congratz! I cant even brake further then 1400 . I must be TRASH. I find myself having hard time to find people who hold their own weight. Im starting to burn out and rage . I normaly dont rage . This game angers me . I need to stop.

2 Likes

Gratz OP! I’ve started enjoying RBGs a lot more and I’m hoping to break 1600 this week.

1 Like

Maybe I’ll help you hit 2k next :wink:

1 Like

Very cool. Hope to one day see “Grand Marshal” sitting over my head someday myself (should have happened in vanilla!) but hitting those goals like rival and beyond and meeting cool peeps along the way through RBGs and PVP makes the struggle very worth it.

Even when we get 100-0’d in a global. :3

1 Like
  1. spent 3 hours in LFG looking for groups around 1700. I got to play one game. luckily it was a win. I’d love to find a group in that range that would take a prot pally that could play ret when necessary.
1 Like

Trust me when I say it takes time and legitimately a chunk of luck. There were so many times I nearly rage quit too. Just three weeks ago I went from 1723 down to 1545… The best advice I can give is make your own group, and screen every player you choose to take with you.

I ended up inspecting every player and would take a full 5-10mins rehearsing Strat and reminding them that if I caught anyone not pulling their weight or was not following my kill commands for a superior tactical reason, they would be dropped.

I also recommend joining Fadinglol’s discord group, and subscribing to skill capped. It really really does fall down to battlefield awareness and player psychology not being psyched out at a big scary meta team and also not taking a loss or mistake personally.

You can do this.

4 Likes

Good work and congrats

1 Like

In RBG’s

rofl.

I dont care if ppl flame me but dont make posts about getting carried in rbgs dude. The ratings you get do not mean anything.

2 Likes

grats brother, the struggle is real!

1 Like

I can’t seem to break 1300 but I’m still relatively new myself.

I’ve joined a couple communities and looking to get playing more. Haven’t played any games this week, but that’ll change probably this weekend. I’m having the most fun with pvp since legion and I’m a decent discipline priest at best currently.

Keep up the good fight and maybe I’ll see you on the battlefield spinning to win! :heart:

1 Like

You hit barely 1750 in 3s as a BFA destro warlock. You might as well uninstall the game. You’re awful. Stay in your lane. You’ve played this game since wrath and have absolutely no pvp achievements worth talking about. Did you make this comment thinking we can’t see your achievement tab bud? I’ve never cringed this hard in my life. How does it take you 10+ years to hit ONLY 1750 in 3s? You got a learning disability or something? Your computer monitors not working?

You have a 49% winrate on an 209 ilevel sub rogue at 1400 cr in 2s. You actually might be the worst player to ever comment here.

Don’t talk down on things other people are proud of when you’ve literally barely been the same rating as them. You’re bad at the game and life. Go outside.

And you’ve lied about being 2100+ on 4 toons in other posts you’ve made. Check pvp is a fun tool. You played disc destro lock in 2s when rank 1 in 2s was damn near 3k cr for your 2k in 2s and that’s the only time you’ve ever been 2k in anything and you needed insane inflation to do so.

https://check-pvp.fr/us/Aman'Thul/Murrk

Not done here either, why did a 1750 capped BFA demon hunter like your comment? Imagine not getting glad as a demon hunter or lock in BFA s4. You literally just had to drool on your keyboard. It’s super cringe to look down on players who are equal skill to you.

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/character/us/gorefiend/sarian/achievements/player-vs-player/arena

16 Likes

I got 2178 actually.

Stopped reading after that bro. Have fun

This is why I don’t care for pvp. The community can’t help but devolve into pointing at each other’s CR or history, etc.

The OP is happy, let them be happy and stop trying to poop on his accomplishment. Get there yourself, and be happy yourself. Why does it matter how they got there? A lot of people are only using PVP to gear up. Bet your bottom dollar, once they fix PVE gear progression, PVP will become less of a thing as usual.

4 Likes

Dude ill be honest. Im salty.

Im salty that rbg players are getting 1800-2100 and then sitting rating to gain 226 gear out of 2’s and 3’s farming 1300cr.

Hearing someone make a post about omg i got 1800 in rbg’s just tipped me over the edge. RBG’s should NOT award same ilvl gear that 3’s and 2’s does. Considering you can afk a base in RBG’s and rake in gear and achis.

Its total BS in the context of Shadowlands gearing

What’s stopping you from doing the same?

1 Like

I dont have time.

I can do 2’s and 3’s due to quicker match making and partners available.

Ppl link “elite” achi and i keep thinking they got it in 2’s. As soon as they say rbg i laugh and say “nah bro”

That seems like a poor excuse though. Just means that when you hit it in 2s or 3s it will be that much sweeter. Right?

5 Likes