I defeated the mage tower tonight. My thoughts

won’t that hurt the skillgap more?

I do hope someone is also looking at the LEgion M+. That stuff is kind of ridiculous at this point.

Unless you’re arguing that it’s fine as is, which you aren’t, i did no such generalizing.

You jest, but I have actually been in a losing NORMAL Arathi Warfront. Alliance, of course.

I have no idea how it happened. It did happen before the heroic ones were introduced.

As someone who has completed several, and is working on many more. This is good to hear.

1 Like

I think a lot of the issues happening with this are just issues with how they handled ability scaling and borrowed power that were kinda swept under the rug until now.

Irrespective of how poorly they tuned the mage tower, those issues are now also relevant.

Except you did.

I’m at 60 myself since it dropped, did 40ish today, currently can’t continue to try because my hands are shaking to bad. When I start to build up adrenaline my body doesn’t process it right resulting in tremors/muscle spasms so I hope they nerf it into the ground, or introduce a version for the rewards that’s much easier and add a new ‘feat of strength’ ach for the current version renaming it Elite MT.

3 Likes

I wish I could spectate players, or I’d be happy to help ya.

1 Like

Like ours? XD

2 Likes

i really thought they’d add that as a feature in 3.2… why have a coliseum if you cant stand in and spectate???

Please make sure to consider the gear people are using. We shouldn’t have to farm old gear with a million sockets for it to be doable :slightly_frowning_face:

23 Likes

While it would be nice to have properly challenging (but accessible) content for the majority of the players, Blizz is usually terrible at finding the right balance. Either stuff is a push-over, or it is Pull-your-hair-out-crazy-difficult.

With content that was super-heavily promoted like this, that rewards re-colored armor tints, they should err on the side closer to push-over rather than stupidly over-tuned difficult.

9 Likes

Yeah it’s a bit over tuned, doable but very over tuned and requiring a lot of good RNG for the heal one IMO. Given if two of the trash mobs happen to target the same NPC it one shots them before you can heal them. Along with healing is just really bad in the tower, and their all complete paper dolls.

I said “warriors who are arguing that it’s fine as is.”

Did you argue that it’s fine as is? No you did not. Did my statement include all warriors? No it did not. It only included those who think it’s fine, which isnt you.

Your english teacher owes you an apology.

1 Like

As someone who has 30/36 appearances from the Legion Mage Tower. This variant of the system with zero borrowed powers only goes to every flaw in the developers class design.

In Legion we had the artifact weapon tree, two legendaries and the Netherlight Crucible System, Sylvan Elixirs, Drums with 25% haste instead of the now 15% at all on which we relied on. And none work.

By design, all Timewalking gear that was relevant tied to that expansion has worked in throughout that expansions dungeons and raids (eg: Warglaives, Val’anyr, Shadowmourne, Dragonwrath, Tarecgosa’s Rest, WoD Rings, Azerite traits) and ZERO of that borrowed power system has been brought into Legion timewalking.

9 Likes

I’ve been requesting spectator mode since Wrath.

Of the specs I’ve attempted/completed, only Fury Warrior and Prot Warrior have felt properly tuned. The Twins on Frost Mage and Balance Druid felt like everything had too much health; same with the arcane adds and possibly Kruul himself on the Guardian Druid challenge.

I disagree, if it’s too easy at the start it’ll be harder for them to go back and make it more difficult because many people would be upset that: 1. it’s stupid easy to get therefore trivial challenge and reward (since everyone will have one right at the start) and 2. if there’s any adjustment patch to buff the challenge later players would be upset because it would not be fair that a lot of people were able to get the reward when it was easier but they didn’t have a chance at it.

It’s better to err on the side of overtuning it and adjust based on data/feedback.

1 Like

I really hope they nerf everything by alot, ive tried multiple specs and failed all. I spent at least 6 hours and probably 50k worth of consumables trying to do the tank challenge on druid…I wish i could be reimbursed for how much gold im putting into an almost impossible challenge, so much repair cost and consums gonna have me broke.

4 Likes