I constantly die from going AFK

For the exact reason you stated earlier? A pot boiling over while you aren’t paying attention.

3 Likes

This isn’t blizzards fault this is yours. Instead of going to a spot to afk at you just randomly afk at the spot you were on. Get on the road and nothing should happen or better yet, if you’re going to take a while, just log out.

2 Likes

Ok that chick has to be trolling us. Well by “us” I mean “yous guys” because I ain’t falling for it.

4 Likes

Just take the death and move on. You died in a video game, big whoop.

2 Likes

There is already an option - its called logging off. You can quickly hit the log off button and walk away because it will just do that in your absence.

If you have a real life emergency happening, surely the last thing that matters is whether or not your character gets killed.

2 Likes

i say it should be some sort of… cocoon item, think ice block, but lasts until cancelled (also can’t be used in dungeons/raids/pvp/while in combat) they could call it a hearth-husk.

but aside from my crazy idea, logging off works… though, you’ll have to log back in when you come back. that’s a little annoying.

2 Likes

Typical. A paladin would come up with something like this.

not sure if you mean that in a good way, or a bad way but… thank you? i dunno, i think it’d be useful when you need to take a short break to like, get a snack or something and are in the middle of an area jam-packed with mobs…

or as the OP said, emergency situations (though if it’s a real emergency, logging-off is probably the better idea)

1 Like

I remember in Cata all the people in Deepholm would afk on the flight path for Aeonaxx. I would fly up above them on my Druid, drop out of flight form, spam sunfire and moon fire, hit flightform and repeat till they dropped. ah, good times.

I was teasing you :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

1 Like

ahhh… okay, a little hard to tell via text. :slight_smile:

You remain logged in until you time out. During that time you can still be attacked and killed. That’s his problem. My solution has always been to quickly move to a safe place, even if I have to hearth to my garrison.

How did you get out of combat? Now you would still be in combat as you dropped to the earth.

1 Like

I’m just trying to picture how this can happen constantly.:thinking:

You may have a bit more chaos in your life than I do. I think you should consult the book of the dead for inspiration in this situation.

You could do it Cata, didn’t affect the Druid forms then. There used to be cool stuff in the game then it gets taken away.

There was a patch in Wrath where chaos bolts ignored pally and priest bubbles. So you could dot them and sit on the chaos bolt waiting for the bubble to pop and let loose and still hit em

Moms come & go, but wow toons are forever

4 Likes

I just make it a habit of offing all the flying mobs near the runebound coffer chest my necrolord main loots daily now that the farming druids have gone away.

If there’s a real-life emergency happening, the prospect of losing tens of gold hopefully wouldn’t be enough to keep most people from having their priorities in order.

1 Like

But that doesn’t make a click worthy forum title now does it?

Real life emergency = my Uber Eats is here

5 Likes

10’s of gold or hot food, hmm…:grinning:

1 Like