I can't wait until all of the RDF threads turn into LFR threads for Cataclysm Classic

I would want LFR. BEcause it’s all optional :slight_smile: There is no harm there

1 Like

Yeah man, I just finished this warrior and I was planning on leveling the mage but I’m not gonna do that without RDF.

I’ve leveled through the zones this time questing mostly, just like blizz wanted. I won’t be doing it again.

1 Like

So your points of view are valueless. You recognize they’re based on hyperbole and lies yet you hold them anyways and expect others to play an inferior version of the game so you can have what you want.

Who posts on a mythic raiding retail char. Yep, definitely a Classic Andy.

Because they are the same thing, just for different content. The only difference is one is for 5 man content, the other is 25 man content. Big difference right?

r/whoosh

I still play retail. I’m still mad I don’t have talent trees again (yet - their coming back tho). That hugely pissed me off.

The slow but constant change of stats is annoying as hell too. Remove hit and expertise altogether, but add versatility and mastery. Force some classes to stack one, others forced to blend as much as possible, etc.

They F’d the game up. It all started with many of the original wow developers leaving after wrath. I’m pretty sure a few went on to work on that game “wildstar” which had potential, but failed for whatever reason.

Anyhow - not all change is bad. The world change to me was solid. The internal mechanics? Terrible. Talent trees rocked. Part of the reason a lot of us are here today in classic.

1 Like

I leveled this character to 80 in 3 days.

Since then I have been attempting to level and alt and failing. I know i’m not the only one. This itineration of classic is going to die faster than the rest.

You act like LFR is the only difficulty that raids had… Not to mention it was only added in Hour of Twilight. It’s okay if you don’t like LFR, but it’s intended purpose was the same as RDF, Q up and not have to spam chat for forever to find a raid. I personally don’t use LFR so it being put in makes no difference to me

About as much as any individuals.

Nah, call it what you want. RDF was not added until ICC, therefore it shouldn’t be in until then. Just like how I think the game should progress with an actual patch cycle and not run the full duration on 3.4.

Many people like myself would consider RDF to be an inferior version of the game.

Then dont use it.

Wouldn’t be the first sock puppet.

Which is the difference. One affects level ranges from very early to cap, the other is locked to cap. They may utilize the same concept of queueing, and both used for pve content, but the applicable differences do differentiate them enough to be considered two similar, but different systems. Players like you enjoy combining the two as some insult to those who want RDF, by associating them together.

But WHY? I haven’t seen a single good reason for NOT adding a non CRZ version of the RDF.

That 50% buff tho… :slight_smile:

RDF was only added in Fall of the Lich King, yet here we are.

At least you understand that LFR and RDF are essentially the same thing.

What exactly would a non cross realm version of RDF solve? If you can’t find people on your realm to play with then RDF isn’t going to make those people magically appear if its not pulling from other servers.

because LFD/RDF was not a feature of Vanilla/TBC and we were waiting for Wrath for it to be implemented.

#somechanges went into effect. Patch 3.3 WAS the ICC launch patch. RDF included. However they locked it down for classic. My guess is they wanted everyone to have the dual specs early, and as little abuse of builds/bugs as possible with the more solid patch. Early on, too many 1 shot bug/mechanics that had to be fixed.

RDF should be added. It just makes so much more sense. More reasons than one.

Why do we have Dual Spec now?

Yeah I think once my current main gets his last remaining raid items I’m logging off for good until Ulduar, gonna repeat the same thing and log off again.

There just isn’t enough content in Classic to justify playing it for extended periods of time.

Not having RDF but adding in boosts severely crippled and handicapped the replay value of Wrath which is a shame because I really wanted to play this game with alts.

Not a good counter argument. While we’re at it why not just put all bis gear on a vendor for gold and tell anyone who complains that it ruins the integrity of the game to just not buy it. Or better yet they should just add boosts to completely invalidate one of the biggest things about older WoW expansions so that we can tell people not to buy them… oh wait.

so you must be against all of this then since these were added in later but are already available:

3.1.0 04/15/2009

• Dual Specialization
  • Ground Mounts no longer dismissing when you enter water
  • 2-hour refundable items when purchased with alternate currencies (badges, honor, etc.)
  • Class Roles in the LFG feature

3.1.2 05/19/2009

• Equipment Manager (saving sets)

3.2.0 08/05/2009

• 2 hour “just in case” trade window for raid & dungeon loot
  • Upgraded cat/bear form art
  • EXP through battlegrounds
  • NPCs to turn EXP gain off
  • Shorter mount cast time
  • Apprentice Riding at level 20
  • Journeyman Riding at level 40
  • Expert Riding at level 60
  • Expert Riding flight speed changed to 150% instead of 60% (faster than ground mounts now!)
  • Double-paned quest log for easier quest info viewing
  • More mailboxes in the capital cities

3.3.0 12/09/2009

• Maximum character level limitations for meeting stones removed
  • Dungeon & Raid difficulty shown on the minimap
  • Knockbacks no longer dismounting players

3.3.3 03/23/2010

• Random Battleground feature
2 Likes