I cant stand fury, how is arms?

No setup for fury? Sure there is. The setup is a kinda RNG however. It is all about getting rage up and being enraged. There are several ways about this. So your rotation depends on what is happening at that time (ex., saving dragon roar when you are enraged). Sure you could just mash what is lit up if you want but to do it right you should be lining up abilities at the right time to get the most out of them. Similar to arms as well except you don’t have the enrage aspect. I find fury to be a lot more engaging then arms. Prot is a whole different ball game.

You don’t really play around enrage as fury.

Not literally, but your rotation should allow for you to benefit from enrage as much as possible. For example, if you have 4 seconds left on enrage and rampage is available you don’t immediately hit rampage. You want to use a different global. This allows you be enraged longer. Enrage up time is key.

1 Like

Two things. One, I know.

Two, that’s beyond small. The difference between doing it picture perfectly like a machine, and not bother at all, is less than 100 dps. And if you don’t do it picture perfectly, it’s a lot less.

So…?

But it is still better to be in that mindset then just wildly spamming abilities like what the OP was referencing. He says we’re just hitting one button every GCD. But there is a reason for what buttons to hit at what time. No just hitting raging blow whenever it is up, or rampage every time it is up. And so on and so forth. So if the mindset up trying to be enraged as much as possible and understanding what the means might explain it better than just being a spammy class. Maybe it won’t change his mind of what fury is about and maybe he still doesn’t like it. But for me it’s more than just spamming a bunch of buttons.

1 Like

Arms is quite literally the auto-attack spec. Fury at least gives you something to do.

Arms is much more enjoyable for me, you set up big hits. I rarely feel rage starved so I don’t see how it’s the autoattack spec… you must be thinking of ret pally.

Do you not have slam on your bar?

I started out mythics as arms, its fun. Especially when theres 2+ targets, then you do respectable damage. The big problem is single target leaves a lot to be desired. Also not really having much utility, people are going to choose another equally geared class over you most of the time. You have times when there’s nothing to do because no rage. I played fury for awhile. Fury is better but like you the spamfest gets really boring IMO. Prot on the other hand is amazing right now. Not only is it fun, but you don’t have to wait for groups and are extremely valued. Try prot, it’s nice to feel wanted and you’ll fine people are alot nicer to you. Being the “leader” of the group and setting the pace is also cool. It also (arguably) takes more skill. It’s way more of a challenge and therefore more fun, for me. You also do some pretty nice multi target burst.