I cant stand fury, how is arms?

I ended up using my 110 boost on a warrior awhile back because of how many people said fury was fun. Unfortunately I hate it and find it boring. Pressing…one…button…at…a…time…non…stop…every…G…C…D… it just feels spammy, no setup. How does arms compare to fury?

2 Likes

Arms is more methodical.
Have rage? Use Rage.
No rage? Cry.

4 Likes

Bad news is that arms is a dead dps spec atm

I also dislike fury because of its frantic apm spam, but it is what it is

1 Like

Awww. Is the cleave better atleast?

Honestly, try Prot, if you don’t want to go Fury. That’s the only thing I can offer. That, or force yourself to like Fury; Arms is that bad I feel.

3 Likes

Yup this is the best advice here. Prot is actually awesome though, more buttons, and you do ridiculous levels of DPS for a tank

1 Like

If I don’t fubar the set up, I’ve only been beaten by ele and unholy in aoe burst. Ele did 200k and unholy beat me by a small margin at 140k.

Fun is subjective. Therefore, no one’s answer really matters. Everyone told you that Fury is amazing, yet you hate it. So why are you asking what everyone thinks of Arms now? You already have a warrior, why are you asking how it plays? Log onto your warrior and play Arms to find out…

22 Likes

I don’t have a huge amount of fury experience, but fury design is that you’re using abilities to get rage for a big-damage dump. That’s why you’re always pressing buttons; you’re frantically getting rage as fast as possible.

Arms’ design is you’re spending whatever rage you have available but not too much that you’re in a drought and not too little that you’re rage capped and being wasteful. Imo its far more resource management since you have to plan your slam/ww rage dumps ahead of time.

If an arms warrior has a button ready to press every GDC (which can happen for a while when the stars align) then there’s isn’t going to be a huge difference in the button mashing experience compared to fury. I love arms and I’ve never been a fan of fury but that’s just my personal preference.

1 Like

How is trying prot a good advice? Prot is gcd locked just like fury.

1 Like

Arms is not a dead spec. Stop.

2 Likes

2 target is close, 3-6 targets fury wins, more than that, depends how long it’s alive.

Honestly feels like you spend 4 minutes (not 5) messing with the spec, gave up, and dislike it. That’s quite silly.

Nah i gained several levels and use it every day for daily mount runs. I want to finish leveling it but i cant get myself to do it

So basically what I said, yeah.

2 Likes

Consider playing a new class then because frustration is basically another stat for warriors. The pay off is worth it.

1 Like

There is definitly SETUP for fury. If you think there isn’t, you must be doing 7-8k lower dps than your sims.

2 Likes

I like it.

Minutes = hours? Ok

1 Like

Honestly… Fury is OP but… its alittle Boring. Not sure why but it doesnt have the same satisfactions as Arms when it comes to killing things. I went back to Arms and its a spec that needs alot of work however theres that effort required and its feels good.

This comment is directed at the PvP side of things.

Actually, just today, I decided to give Prot another go.

It was fun watching other Fury try their hand at me, give it all they got, to only barely get me down to 90℅ health.

It really is a good spec, you feel like an elite mob walking around, only when they gang up on you in big numbers able to take you out.

And the damage output is more than decent.