I cant stand fury, how is arms?

I was arms since launch and was usually top DPS for our group in Uldir. BoD launches and I’m near bottom of the charts. Had to go fury after that and while it is fun, it has super high APM and I hate when the boss has a lot of movement, one missed GCD and you suffer

It is for raiding. And very few will pick you over unholy or a rogue in pvp.

So what exactly is OP about fury?

1 Like

Care to detail how to set up that burst?

From what I know it’s about using Avatar, my racial, and just hitting Thunder Clap every other GCD.

So true. I don’t know why people keep saying its RIP.

The amount of joint pain it creates in my fingers when hero is up, and haste enchant plus rezans decide to proc at the same time, is pretty op for me.

Seriously though, as someone who is old enough to have grandkids its depressing to see your logs and dps start to suffer because you cant physically move your fingers fast enough.

Prot can be almost as fast as fury. Arms playstyle just kinda bores me, though I do play it for wqs and stuff to get a break.

1 Like

competitively, it’s not doing so well but as in playstyle, unlike fury warriors that spams, arms is less spamming and more setup

1 Like

Would a priority cast sequence macro help?

I’m not that great at Fury but I can imagine that a priority-check (ability availablity) macro would be helpful.

Something that checked if Bloodthirst was on Cooldown, if so use Raging Blow, if Rage is at or greater than X use Rampage, etc.

I don’t know if WoW supports the syntax but a correctly itemized line may make life easier.

Doubtful, even if such a thing existed and worked flawlessly it’s about the apm not the amount of buttons. Even if all I had to do was press 1 button over and over doing it over 60 times a min is rough.

I’ve bound most keys to both my mouse and keyboard so I can alternate using for example side button 9 on the mmo mouse with my right thumb for ww, or hit r on the keyboard with my left hand if my thumb starts cramping.

It is what it is though and it’s only really bad during hero phases, and since I came back to the USA mid legion I only really do heroic raiding and m10-11, so it’s not like I have to be orange parsing to still be an asset to the group.

Warrior has always been my favorite class since my original orc on EU kazzak just wanted to throw out that fury apm can get pretty crazy.

Ture Fury’s APM is high but from my experience so is Prot’s.

If you have a dead GCD you are supposed to Devistate etc.

Biggest reason I miss legion devastator talent tbh.

And yeah prot is also high apm but not as bad for me as you dont have the haste buff from enrage. And I really like fury playstyle.

Plus most groups I run with have better tanks so I typically only do it when asked or really want to get into a pug key

Thanks ill give it a go

Prot takes focus as every gcd is a decision needed to be made split second, along with reasourcr and cd management it requires both attention and good reaction time

When I play fury I am constantly using my abilities in a sequence at varying apm due to procs and haste. I fed it is easier in that if I follow my rotation correctly and am in melee range then I should be doing the maximum dps my war can put out

Fury is one of the best 1v1 classes in the game when specced right. (PvP)

Yeah but who actually cares about 1v1s.

I care about 1v1… whats your point?

The cleave is way better. It’s about the only thing Arms has going for it. In encounters where cleave is useful Arms is actually one of the better specs in the game.

It goes from towards the lower end of the pack to middle. Not one of the better specs.

And that’s only for 2 target cleave. If the timings are right.

Started this toon as fury and have enjoyed it the entire time. It’s spammy, yeah. But I’m coming from havoc which is also really spammy, so I’m used to that play style. The only time I went protein was to power through the 60-70 leveling because it’s just so boring (the leveling, not the play style). I fully plan to gear this toon out as fury at end game and am really considering switching it to my main over havoc because of it’s potential.

Started this toon as Arms; like you so far so good.
going to keep haunting Warrior forum for advice, of which I’m getting a fair sample besides all the ‘u suc/no u’ back-and-forth lol.