"I Can Buy This For 100K Less On A Different Server"

Oh I don’t mean to say it’s impossible to make a profit, just that there’s a rather intimidating barrier to entry for those who don’t get involved in the AH ecosystem too heavily. Profit can certainly be made, but that initial investment, and the fact that you end up destroying most, if not all, of the early base items you ranked up on, watching your gold just go down the drain, can be very off-putting to many. It certainly was for me.

This is a fair point. Once I started on my first recipe and broke even, I constantly worried if I’d make any of my gold back when I started on the next recipe. This fear actually stayed with me all the way to a gold cap and a half in - when I had 0 issues if something wouldn’t make profit, I was still worried.

So I totally understand what you’re saying there. Risk vs. reward in the end though.

And as we speak a hotfix went live allowing players to buy a reagent from Enlightened rep to make rank 5 base items with a rank 1 legendary + the vendor reagent!

249s for alts should be really easy to get now, and should be easily under 10-15k on all servers imo.

1 Like

Agreed. I’ll actually entertain making legendaries for my alts now.

together my max leggos were around 170K plus change which doesn’t seem like that much

I probably took a loss just in AH fees to sell some 190, 210 and 225 pieces I made when I leveled it up to make 291s for guildies.

I actually laughed when I saw that. It’ll help those who were going to be fine crafting themselves a 190, but it’s largely useless and you’ll still need crafters who can make R7 for the juicy stuff :slight_smile:

It’ll definitely hurt those who were still trying to sell R5s for whatever reason, but otherwise R6s and R7s will continue to remain the same prices.

No they shouldn’t. Some people prefer low pop servers. People should have a choice.

People go to where the guilds are. I have swapped from multiple servers to find solid guilds.

In the end crafters have to try and break even. You have multiple options from farming the mats yourself or leveling the profession yourself.

Oh yeah let’s spend that time endgame to switch professions spending and farming for hours to make a 291. Most crafters are breaking even pretty easily as well. Smoothbrain take right there.

Hot take, but blizzard can totally address the population issue which would address the extremes between AHs. Plenty of servers would benefit from the merges not just economies.

You can still farm all the mats yourself. Or keep making excuses. It’s your choice.

1 Like

Seems like it’s easier to flag my thread than to farm mats!

Seek attention and you might find it. :rofl:

Nothing they said in the OP was incorrect. IDK why people are flagging it.

Blizz thinks it’s healthier to allow flagging to be used as a downvote system. :clown_face:

1 Like

Me either, seems like a pretty harmless post tbh :man_shrugging:

On the surface it looks to be well within the forum rules

1 Like

And then limit how many posts you can flag in a day.

It’s worked eve for years. I’d like it here.

With, wait for it……

Options to have buy orders, contracts, margin trading. Etc. I misss buy orders. I want to buy 5000 widgets. ,l make a buy order, I set the price I will pay. Either it gets filled…or it does not.

Gets filled I pick it up. Not filled…I look at pice adjusting. Or repost if/ when expired.

Blizzard could do this. They may have to put in a few more hamsters with wheels.

Some have said one man could control it. No….if done right it take a massive effort wow IMO is. It capable of. The wow economist dev neees to be on the ball. If they have one. Get on if lacking.

I have seen price fixing eve. To work something called insurance. That took many alliances floooding the marker with cheap minerals to work. Remembering in eve alliances are collections of corps/guilds. 500 plus people is the scale here.

And ccp saw that and patched insurance fast.

Backstory is from a massive drop in mineral prices by market rigging attempt if a ship was insured When blown up ships made nice profit. A. Ships was literally worth more dead than alive and selling for a day or 2.

Insurance did not update minerals. Minerals price tanked Hard. So players like me were blowing ups ships with insurance to make money.

That patch came real fast lol.

Expanding AH market? Yes please.

One of the first things I looked for on wow changeover was buy order. Saw It in eve for like 10 years I played.

I assumed it was common. How can you not have it?

Blizzard said well buddy….you know what happens when you assume, right? Lol.