"I Can Buy This For 100K Less On A Different Server"

It gets tiring hearing in-game complainers go on and on about how prices on other servers are much cheaper for items (not just legendaries either), to the point where they’re mad that we don’t sell them items below crafting costs.

Different realms have different economies, dependent upon numerous factors. Overall population is certainly one factor, but so are others, such as the prevalence of gatherer bots, the legit human gatherer population, prevailing market conditions, etc.

I’ve read it on the forums too, but it’s particularly irritating having complaints whispered to me in-game.

Don’t like your realm’s economy? There’s this neat little service that Blizzard offers called “Character Transfer” that allows you to move to whatever holy grail server you think will save you gold. Simple. Easy. Done.

Crying and making a huge stink to crafters is counterproductive and will actually turn us away from cutting you even deeper discounts where we can. If you’re that unhappy with the realm you’re on, move to whatever realm that has greener grass so that a) you’re happy, and b) we don’t have to hear you complain to us about something we don’t control.

10 Likes

As long as legendary prices are freakin bogus, people are gonna complain.

Ya gotta take the bad with the good, as far as I know you are benefiting greatly from those outrageous prices. You can deal with the whining.

Also: getting whispers in game sucks, just block and report them. Are they buying your stuff though?

9 Likes

I favor a game wide AH

14 Likes

I well remember the hate mail/whispers I used to get, when I was a gold goblin on Darkspear.

I just started up some of my shenanigans on a new realm. 250k profit so far today. Not nearly at the point I used to be, but making any gold is fun.

…wait, we were talking about people crying about gold prices, no?

Meh.

1 Like

I mean, generally I agree that if you care so much just transfer, but it’s a particularly difficult situation for roleplayers since very few servers fill that niche and you he popular servers have pretty atrocious inflation.

1 Like

Any advice on how to be a gold goblin?

3 Likes

I’m sure it’s only a matter of time before you’re accused of botting for cancelscanning.

also greediness - some people are just greeder than others.

People need to realize almost always you can get someone to make something for you if you have the mats for far far less than the AH price. Just ask on trade or in your guild. Prior to this expansion I would often make stuff for others and get a 2k tip and both sides came out ahead.

2 Likes

Have a LOT of toons on one realm (I’m talking 10+, at the bare minimum). Learn the market for your realm. Invest in professions (including leveling up the old world stuff and getting those recipes). Watch trends for enchants/gems.

Start low and slow, learn and expand as you go. If you go all in on things you know nothing about, you’re going to get burned. If you don’t have starter funds, go super old school, and farm materials for crafting. Make some starter gold that way, and learn the markets as you go. Are people buying up XYZ type of ore? WHY are they doing that? What are they making?

1 Like

So 1 person can control it all?

4 Likes

From the days yore, to the far future there will always be those that complain about the price and that they can get it cheaper somewhere else.

Yet, they do not get it from that somewhere else. They are just wasting yours and other sellers time.

1 Like

Pppffttt, lol. I don’t cancel scan more than maybe 5 times a day, right now. 250k is peanuts compared to making a million+ a day. I’m not quite ready to step on too many toes - yet. Dunno if I ever will be again. Dunno if I even want to. I do like the AH game tho lol.

Just wait until we get Rank 8s in 9.2.5 :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

I can’t change servers my name is on stormrage :angry:

perhaps this is the final signs that server economics needs to go extinct in place of region economics. gold from the wow token has already injected more gold than a given server would expect to get normally. while the over all gold in general might not change. which server that gold sits on has.

a regional economy would stabilize around the same price point.
this would in turn mean cross realm trading would be a thing.

only question is, can the server keep track of all the transaction bids on certain item?

I have yet to have anyone whisper me about something I posted on the AH and I’ve been playing since late 2006.

Just curious, but do you go months with posting, idk, 50+ items daily? With at least 10 of those being 75k+ in gold?

1 Like

I doubt it could without another rebuild of the AH, and they just did that not long ago.

1 Like

WoW tokens don’t inject gold in the game.

2 Likes

probably not… but I have posted a couple pretty rare world drops.