"I Can Buy This For 100K Less On A Different Server"

Once players realize they can spend some gold/money to purchase these pieces on different servers and transfer them over, it’s a win win situation.
Stuff sells fast at lower prices via servers where gouging is apparent.
Always helps when the store has discounts up too.
Do the math, House profits and players profit.

Smart (gold) money makes smart (gold) money.

Oh really, next thing we will hear is the Token market is real.

1 Like

I guess if you want it to crash non-stop and take an hour to get results.

Tokens are used to move gold around in the game. It doesn’t just magically make the gold appear.

1 Like

Are they paying you to push realm transfers? Or does it only sound like it?

You know what’s really tiring? You starting all these whiny threads complaining about how you are being forced to open threads you know you’re not going to like.

1 Like

I used to get whispers when I was posting in volume of at least 100 or more. And people used to get mmmaaaddddd when you undercut stuff like the old xp potion thingies, to try to get rid of them before Blizz killed them off.

idk, people gonna be people, no matter what. Might be server dependent too, who knows.

1 Like

And then we can deal with ALL the country’s AH bots at once.

No thanks.

4 Likes

It would be an interesting experiment, as it would force them to compete against each other. And in theory, competition should drive prices down.

2 Likes

They definitely inject gold into the market (AH), sitting in bags for years+ is pretty much dead stock until it is used.
Agree?

Do you know what else injects gold into the market?

players doing quests.

2 Likes

What generates more gold through the economy though?

Region wide single AH would solve a lot of problems and might bring only few problems.

It would improve liquidity and drive down prices, especially on dead servers. Which is all of them now except for the big ones that you all know and love.

What’s not to like?

If you’re talking about legendaries then I’m going to complain about prices to every single person selling them for 100k. Borrowed power progression should not cost that much. Stupid.

1 Like

I’m not sure what you’re getting at.

Tokens are nothing more than a Blizzard-sanctioned RMT gold selling transaction. Tokens don’t just make gold out of thin air. Someone has to buy the tokens using their own gold.

I mean where does it guarantee these Token sales are results of actual players purchases?
Is there a token law/regulation in place?

It’s a fantasy marketplace.

5 Likes

Buy token. List it on AH. Wait several hours for it to sell. Enjoy the gold that someone else gave you in exchange for the token.

I still maintain buy orders would solve this problem. Want a 291 Lego? Sure no problem. I’ll set my buy order to 20k. Oh what’s that? Everyone has their buy order at 20k? Oh well. I guess a seller could simply not sell it. But there will always be a few who give up and sell it for 20k. And the seller who doesn’t sell it at 20k? They get nothing.

As I mentioned, this could very well be an illusion.
Fantasy unregulated marketplace.

3 Likes
1 Like