I came for the Kul Tiran Humans, and all I got was this lousy fog

No they said after the raid.

3 Likes

So I wasn’t the only one, then. My eyes still feel funky after finishing that chain in the fog.

if you can go by what’s been data-mined from the PTR in ref the changes coming for the children’s week event the patch (8.1.5) is going live on the April 29th maintenance

weird how they used to be able to release expansions with the races promised already included at purchase

20 Likes

I wish I could even be angry. I just don’t care anymore. Why bother to care when the devs and the publishers don’t?

2 Likes

Nope.

Also @

Can’t post the image since I don’t have a high enough trust level (Which is weird because I seem to fill all the requirements needed), so look at this post.

Like me, I’m guessing he was waiting for something that he’d actually be interested in to drag him back in to the game, but since it hasn’t happened, he’s given up. Tbh, at least he’s angry about it. I just don’t care anymore.

This isn’t a situation where Blizz has loads of quality content to go through. They don’t. Their whole problem is that they think the game is still hot poop when it’s just complete poop instead. Raids are still a disaster. Class design is awful. Even the world quests are boring slogfests that should be done in two minutes or less, because it’s not fun content. In the words of someone that actually cares about making good games, “If it’s not fun, why bother?”

If Blizz aren’t making fun content, then it’s pointless for me to engage in it. I really only play at this point if my friends do.

Good on you for having fun. Most people aren’t having fun with the game though, and they’re going to say why because WoW’s a game that they likely cared much about up until this point.

1 Like

Yes, actually they did. Thank you, Tiridan, for the link! I’ll repost the image.

19 Likes

It’s nice when someone can literally show the proof of why our assumptions were made.

Look, I just don’t understand the sense of it. Your race literally influences what class you can be, and thus if you’re in a raid it influences what you can play! I literally swapped to a druid for BfA so I would be able to become Kul Tiran, because I was reasonably sure my Deathknight would NOT be able to select the race.

So it’s time to go hit the new raid - do I want to use my Druid? Not at all, it’s a horrible looking bear by the current choices, which were indicated to us as different FOR LAUNCH. Do I want to use my Deathknight? Well I’d love to, but then I will only get the fun of the allied race on an alt.

It’s just not fun. It’s like someone is consistently, willfully choosing the options that are not fun.

Strangely enough, I’m here for fun.

PS: This is the OP, posting from different computers keeps changing which character I post as. Can’t change it after the post.

1 Like

So much nerd rage.

1 Like

And this was necessary because…?

If you don’t have actual input either for or against something, please don’t post your snark. Keep it to yourself.

2 Likes

Maybe you should look in to that.

When did blizzard say today was 8.1.5? They never did. You assume things and it winds up making you upset at something that was never promised. PTR is still going on. It just started two weeks ago. Will you give it time to get finished?

1 Like

This guy waited so long for Zandalari and Kultirans:

5 Likes

I mean, if you don’t eat for a week or so you die. Maybe you should do things other than sit in front of a computer playing WoW.

It was obviously a joke dude. Take the stick out of your bum.

What stick? you mean the one they’re turning that dead horse into a puddle with?

Hooray, someone else actually gets it.
Can people slow down now, my ribs won’t make it to
Sunday at this rate :stuck_out_tongue:

I don’t know… on one hand, Blizzard’s love of timegates is perverse and has done nothing but gotten worse over time.

On the other, the alternative seems like it would be content drought, which is never fun.

On the other other hand (counting on a collection of severed hands, bear with me), you’d think by now development of a game this mature would be so streamlined and efficient that neither should be necessary.

On the other other other hand, the evidence is indisputably against this notion, with not only content still requiring so much throttling you’d think it was Activision-Blizzard-Comcast running this circus, but so many problems going unfixed for so long you’d think development was outsourced to one guy in India.

Ultimately, the only solution for it all is for Blizzard to well… do better. Like, that sounds so petty and oversimplified, like I’m the coach of a losing college team giving a post-game interview, but… that’s the only real solution. If I sound unsympathetic, well… I’m not.

This is supposed to be a AAA game studio, and in fact, the undisputed champion of this genre. The Michael Phelps of MMOs if you will. So I really have no reservations against telling them to do better releasing, QAing, and polishing their content. This is one of the most successful entertainment venues in human history - they’ve no shortage of capital, and no real excuse for a shortage of resources.

Zandalari and Kul’tirans (I’m assuming the missing apostrophe will be DLC) being pushed back to the middle of the expansion is just one more sign of Blizzard not living up to easily imagined potential. When that happens, in the absence of reasonable explanations and valid excuses, assuming the worst isn’t only natural, but expected. Moreover, disappointment is the natural consequence, if you’re disappointing your customers, and worse, your fans… you’re doing something wrong, plain and simple.

4 Likes

No, it’s called being angry at Blizz for timegating things for no actually good reason.

1 Like