I bought a 20 dollar Blizzard card

To bad you cant use it for anything … I bought it for my sisters birthday so she could reactivate her account and pay for a month. Could not find a way to do that, so she said screw it and just subbed for a month.

Then she decided to buy the latest expansion, I said cool you got 20 bucks to put toward it. Guess what!! She couldn’t use the 20 dollars she has to put toward it, she was told she would have to add to it to pay for it.

Why do you guys sell these cards and not have a way to use them on your account. Or if you can use them, it is an absolute pain in the @@@ to find. It should be part of the payment options … you know something like " use gift card", it should be right there with we take credit cards, paypal and all that other stuff.

2 Likes

You can purchase game time with Blizzard Balance… just not as a recurring subscription, which probably tripped her up.

Apart from that, you can’t split payment methods… if she added more Balance to her account, she’d be able to use that in order to buy BfA. It’s not trying to trip people up - you just find how to use it.

5 Likes

Did your sister apply the card to her Battle Net Balance?

4 Likes

she applied it.

So then she does have $20 to go towards game time or BfA. If she wants BfA, then all she has to do is add enough balance (you can do specific amounts) to her account and then use the balance to buy BfA.

Or she could have used the balance to purchase a bock of game time (not a reoccurring subscription as those can’t be and have never been able to be setup with battle.net balance.

4 Likes

[quote=“Perl-anetheron, post:7, topic:254999”]
So then she does have $20 to go towards game time or BfA. If she wants BfA, then all she has to do is add enough balance (you can do specific amounts) to her account and then use the balance to buy BfA.

She ended up just buying the expansion, so she still has that original 20 bucks. I guess she can just pay for next months sub with it.

Yes, make sure to point out the game time, vs subscription. You can buy game time with balance, just not set up a renewing subscription.

Also, Blizzard’s biller can not split payments between sources. So you have to have enough balance to cover a purchase, you can’t use part card, part balance to pay for one purchase.

4 Likes

Why not? ?

1 Like

The system’s just not set up that way as things stand.

5 Likes

/facepalm

Obviously it’s not set up that way. I was asking why they don’t allow split payments.

That’s pretty much the answer. Some payment providers can process transactions with multiple, split payment methods - others cannot. From what we’ve seen here, Blizzard’s cannot.

5 Likes

Perhaps you could elaborate as it seems a little more obvious that it is setup in a way that does not allow multiple payment types in a single transaction. In fact, they’ve never accepted split payments.

If you feel that should be changed, you’ll want to post your suggestion in the General forums or use the in-game suggestion feature.

5 Likes

I’m not a programmer nor a financial expert. I doubt that anyone here is. Such a person working specifically for Blizzard would be the only person who could answer such a question, and it’s possible that they wouldn’t be able to for confidentiality reasons.

2 Likes

Because everything costs money. And business is about making money. Businesses get charged to process payments. It’s not much. But it exists. Multiple payments means multiple charges. Also is a greater chance for fraud when you have more than one type of payment. It’s actually good business sense. Commercial retailers can get away with it. Many private businesses do not allow it mostly.

5 Likes

There is a solution that mimics split-payment. Add enough to Battlenet Balance with a credit card to make the purchase and then use Battlenet Balance for the purchase. Don’t forget about adding enough for taxes if you are in a location that requires it.

8 Likes

Split payments get very complicated very fast when refunds, canceled orders, or buyers instructing their banks not to pay the charges are processed.

7 Likes

Tell me about it. Add in the amount of stolen credit cards being used to buy Blizzard services and it would be a virtual nightmare to deal with. It’s not even close to worth it for Blizz.

3 Likes

Adding small amounts to Bnet balance adds those same little charges. I think you’re on the wrong track here.

Sorry… perhaps I wasn’t clear. I meant it’s obvious that it’s not set up to take multiple source transactions. I was curious as to Blizzard’s reason why.

This makes more sense- that the split payments might be much more complicated on the refund side. Perhaps Blizzard gets a lot more refunds, cancellations, and payment denials than other vendors.

Nah… I was curious. If a Blizz rep cares to chime in, that’d be nice. If not, that’s ok too.

While I can’t comment on hard numbers, I do know that malicious parties do use fraudulent payment information on Blizzard services.

3 Likes