I boosted every character I want to play already, so I can say without bias

So if Blizzard hotfixed it so that after 30 seconds of snares the mobs start saying “Hah! I’ve seen through your trick! It wont work anymore filthy mage!” then you would all of a sudden be fine with it?

This is all moot anyway because historically the mage class has had the least problem generating gold out of all the existing classes. Nobody has it as easy as you guys and nobody outside of the mage boosters and abusers are upset over this change.

1 Like

And how would you like it if they just randomly changed seed of corruption to not work on M’uru, or something like that?

“This community is full of misinformation, I’ve heard that “mobs will teleport behind you nothing personnel kid, they’ll break through paladin bubbles, they’ll stun you, etc.” All ridiculous and I can’t see find a source.”

Easy to check those claims. Good to see you figured it out.

1 Like

Lol what a hilarious take. You would of made more sense if you would of been like "How would you like it if they nerfed fear? and then I would still laugh at you.

I didn’t know when a low hp, cloth wearing class that specialize in frost magic, slow and freeze monsters, it is exploiting.

1 Like

Oh so your not familiar with the mara exploit the slave pen exploit so on and so forth? We arent talking about you gathering up 10 mobs frost nova blink then blizzard. We are talking about dungeons exploits done by mages to make stupid and i mean stupid ammounts of gold per hour. Mara alone is 600g per hour.

1 Like

Does it have anything to do with mage gathering 10 mobs in shadow lab or steamvault frost nova blink and blizzard?

They are exploiting the pathing of monsters. So no no it doesnt. Look up mara boost on youtube… thats what we are talking about

reddit is filled with people who don’t follow forums at all who are confused why they’re wiping in slave pens, shattered halls and shadow labs all of a sudden.

Also likely causing problems in ZA with constant respawns

People are getting real angry

Mara boost is solved by the level gap nerf. Stratholme is solved by the level gap nerf. The only boosting spots that would be left operational with level gap nerfs is Slave Pens and Shadow Labs. For those, the method of boosting will just change. The current strategy in Shadow Labs is to use sheer firepower to AoE down the trash mobs. What’s the next solution, buff normal dungeons? Make mobs completely immune to CC?

The solution always has been to run the dungeons like normal and play the game how its meant to be played. :rofl:

except those “legitimate” groups are running into problems because in many dungeons a common strategy is to kite mobs around like in shattered halls and now they’re wiping when they would have been easily killing the mobs.

The toolkits of several characters is being broken because people like you are mad that mages exist

1 Like

Every shattered halls run I’ve ever done we have the tank hold agro and CC (trap,fear,polymorph) any extra adds.

Never heard of this frost nova everything and kite strat. Sounds pretty bad though.

nah, it means when the grown ups that are too busy with actual lives to spend on “grinding” through boring content to get to the “good” stuff, can’t bypass that 15 year old game design mistake, they’ll just leave. And it will die. Gold farmers and boosters aren’t as popular as they are because 5 people are doing. The drug reference is on point point though. Blizzard is the cartel, cutting out local growers and getting you to thank them for it.

It makes about as much sense as that a dungeon full of guards has them all wait in small groups and fight you one group at a time rather than ringing an alarm gong and them all coming at once. Or about as much sense that the mobs you fight go after the dude in heavy armor not doing much damage first rather than going for the squishy caster healing people.

2 Likes

So you dont mind exploiting mobs?? Imersion to you is being able to exploit mobs by jumping on and off a pillar… imo the moment you jump on the pillar the mobs should deaggro and go back to where they came from…

Exactly. I don’t care about this exploit of the mobs. A lot of mages I ran with in mara boosts didn’t even loot mobs, their money came strictly from boostees. With the level gap exp nerf this problem is solved because the exploit isn’t worth doing.

If this exploit had to be fixed, it should have been done how you suggested. Not by making mobs immune to slow.

Lol bruh… :laughing: i just cant take you seriously

hahaha…they got retailed.

when blizzard does blanket it will work changes to dungeons…fun happens.

retail levelers in classic dungeon pulls know this well. they don’t test much.

and this is why in some legacy dungeons in 10 to 50 you will see your tank die. So fast no healer can save them. and they aren’t bad tanks. the new squish joined other prior readjustments (also screwy from that) to make the dungeon buggy.

Utgarde keep has one boss you face a certain way . to work around its squish bugs.

1 Like

Bro I’m sure there are HUNDREDS, if not more, exploits and bugs in this game. But if they’re not profitable, it doesn’t matter. They will go unnoticed and unreported. Mara is the same. If you can’t make 120g/run by carrying people, there’s no reason to run it.