I bet the Mythic Sarkareth skin still drops in all difficulties

The dragon customization wasn’t a listed drop for Raszageth as it was a personal drop, much like other personal drops (Antorus cosmetic weapons come to mind). My guess is that they simply made it a guaranteed drop on the loot table for Mythic only. Wowhead tends to phrase things to generate outrage these days, unfortunately, and I think the outcry is a direct response to that.

My money is on servers coming up, Sarkareth getting killed, and people getting drops in Normal and Heroic to report back with.

Let’s see if Blizzard makes me a poor man.

Edit: I lost it all. No drops from Normal kills thus far, as far as I can tell.

1 Like

I think Sarkareth is offering a cloak to every level.

Cool. I can’t see cloaks as a Dracthyr, though. I can ride dragons, though, oddly enough. As such, I hope I’m actually able to get a reward that I can see my character use.

2 Likes

Which I still find weird considering Sarkareth is a Dracthyr.

At least the Evokers can use daggers.

1 Like

Odds are, they’ll be getting their own Infinity Gauntlet. More datamining points in that direction. Called it as soon as I saw Neltharion using it in the cinematic.

1 Like

I guess that is fair. Knee-jerk reactions are a thing, and I’m guilty of handling it the same way. Still, I think it is a good idea to voice our concerns before the patch goes live, so at least our voices were heard in some capacity.

2 Likes

I had the same reaction myself. And maybe I’m just in denial that they’ve returned to their old ways. But I would like to believe that they’re going to continue with the winning design philosophy that they launched this expansion with. It would be incredibly disappointing if they returned to old patterns after such a successful reception.

Might be used for crafting Oathmaker. Now looking like those class weapons are likely for Work Orders. :thinking:

But it seems that especially with Dracothyst being added to the list of materials, the cost of this Evoker Legendary is looking to be expensive.

I bet the quest starts from killing Sarkareth on an Evoker on Normal or above.

2 Likes

Seeing the first kills come in, apparently not. The outrage is warranted.

1 Like

Thats fake lol. Why would evokers get a 1 handed fist?

1 Like

… because Neltharion used one in a cinematic in connection with them? Revisited briefly with a Dracthyr wielding it? Being introduced to the narrative for no other reason than to make its way to the hands of the players as a hastily made “iconic” weapon for a completely new race and class?

1 Like

Still doesnt make sense, fists are for monks to punch things with. it should be a staff or something else.

1 Like

That’s not a punching glove. That’s a magical focus.

2 Likes

Looking back in the dungeon journal now for Raz, the skin isn’t even appearing in the journal although I have the skin so idk if it’s due to that.

Because it was a personal drop, not on the loot tables. My assumption was that, giving Blizzard the benefit of the doubt, they were making the content even friendlier by making it a guaranteed drop from Mythic Raszageth in addition to the personal drops on all difficulties.

I was wrong.

And that’s unfortunate.

1 Like

This is such a critical moment, too, for retention this expansion. A lot of people are on the fence about going through with another season. Little decisions like this that needle players like this is going to encourage them to jump down, and not on Blizzard’s side.

1 Like

Well, they’ve lost me at least. I’d like to think that I’m far from the only one unhappy about this, but it’s hard to really say.

Raz USED to be on the loot table on mythic difficulty on last boss but then it got changed at some point it looks like.

The chronically invested people like us that actually come to the forums and try to stay informed aren’t going to tip the scales. It’s going to be the people that casually find out from people like us, or just find themselves confused that they’ve never seen it drop and Google why not, that are going to be the difference.