I bet the Mythic Sarkareth skin still drops in all difficulties

I don’t recall ever seeing it there, but I could be wrong. :dracthyr_shrug:

1 Like

All good ya I remember seeing it then they were like, “oh it drops off everything oh neat”

Guess time will tell.

1 Like

Variations of it will.

If the drop rate of the new mount is very low, even groups of 30 don’t provide a totally accurate picture. But after a few kills or so with similar group compositions, one would theoretically start seeing drops. If no one has seen it over the next couple of days, chances are it simply doesn’t drop from anything but Mythic.

1 Like

Precisely.

1 Like

The only conclusion I can make is that they simply want people to buy more tokens for carries. Which is cynical, but what other motivation could there be for reversing course on a very well received practice?

I mean, if the prices aren’t terrible, I’ll probably do the same. I’d rather not though, obviously.

They’ve put a great deal of effort into making people who push keys happy, and for the most part they are happy. They haven’t made much effort to keep casuals engaged. They’ve done this sort of last minute switcheroo more than once before.

The best thing we can do right now is keep up the pressure.

1 Like

I dont think they purposely phrase things to generate outrage. I think thats just what they know at the moment.

It very well could drop from all difficulties as more people do it (like Raz skin). But they only know for certain it drops on Mythic.

Indeed. Which, again, is just a shame. It legitimately seemed like were trying to turn over a new leaf. I can understand them being stubborn about a few things and not changing them, but this? This was actively choosing to regress. It is going to turn what was a very positive talking point in-game into a negative one. And that’s disappointing.

Making the few mythic raiders left feel special?

Certainly that couldn’t outweigh the subscriptions of all the casual players who are going to be disappointed. Especially when anyone still raiding Mythic is 100% going to be subscribed until the servers die.

A crass person might guess that their motivation was to get casuals to pay for a sub, then teach them a lesson in humility. Which is not a constructive way to treat your customer base. But management turnover has been minimal. The same people who were in charge at the start of Shadowlands still are.

Then what would you use on off hand? An evoker going around with that and a random off hand would be so goofy.

1 Like

They’re going to look goofy with it regardless if it doesn’t match the barbershop transmog.

they don’t at all. it’s just that so much of the playerbase responds to everything with outrage that it’s inevitable.

1 Like