I beg of you... please do not enter M+ without knowing which mechanics in the dungeon will wipe your group

It’s not possible for me to get every single orb, nor is it practical to try. I suspect you’ve just never been in a NO where DPS didn’t know to pick up orbs at all, and also were undergeared and did such low DPS that the boss eventually one shot them.

I was in a really good NO just now and even with everyone picking them up, some orbs got through. It was fine, we killed the boss, nobody got one shot, because everyone was picking up some orbs and doing enough dps that it didn’t matter.

On this good DPS easy NO I did about 150k hps on second boss and didn’t have to break a sweat.

1 Like

I already addressed that

Except I don’t think you did, I don’t think you’ve probably ever been in the situation I was in and you’re making assumptions.

How am I making assumptions. I literally stated a clause with “unless…”

I mean they don’t have to actively avoid orbs. They just have to be poorly positioned and not know they are supposed to be getting them, that they give them a buff and also give the boss a buff. And an evoker can’t be simultaneously healing and running in a circle around the boss picking up all the orbs.

I had never been in this situation before. This had never been a hard boss for me, I didn’t realize how much it depended on DPS doing their parts until they didn’t.

Regardless of the OP’s circumstances, I have to defend against that notion. I can grab extras, but as a shaman I don’t think I could get “most of them” and still get enough heals on target.

I’m sure you meant that it like some sort of pep talk about being able to muscle through in spite of your team’s obvious lack of skill, but I think this one is a bit unfair.

OP could be at fault, but on the face of it, this one just has to go in the books as a bad group. GG go next. Unfortunately Látias was right that it’s probably just preaching to the choir.

2 Likes

OP should have left the key. :innocent:

I’ve 3 manned this boss before cause I let two people die.

I haven’t tried solo gathering orbs though.

OP is wrong, people need some place to start. Low keys are perfect for it. Go next.

1 Like

Yeah but I’ll tell you when I started playing I would go next, die to something and then afterwords I’d go “what the hell was that”. Quick 2 min google search to figure out what it was and then jump right back into the same dungeon, not die to that same mechanic and feel really good about it.

You don’t need to watch 5 different 20 min videos of people doing a dungeon on your class whiile taking notes like its a college lecture. Most content creators have super short videos to watch that give you the bare minimum of what you need to know and that greatly helps out the whole of the community.

that’s what +0 is for. Then you do + 2. And you make sure you know all the dungeons at +2 before you move up.

It’s funny that nobody wants to find out how not to brick the key before they go in.

1 Like

There’s very little difference between +0 and +2. And you can’t “brick” a +2. It can’t go lower than +2.

I said I was in a +4, you all just want to be mad at the healer lol

You don’t have enough experience in M+ to talk about it. Go do it for a while and then come back.

2 Likes

Aw, did the little boy miss his nap today and then a healer yelled at him?

I typically only care about a mechanic after it kills someone or wipes the group. In some cases that doesn’t happen until portal range. At a +4 there isn’t even an affix this season. It’s fine that people are learning.

There are plenty of mechanics that can kill someone or wipe a group at +4. In fact it would be hard to get through most +4s without doing mechanics.

One of them is the one I mentioned- the crossbows on the first boss of Nokhud Offensive. Maybe you’re not aware of that because other people have always done the mechanic for you? I find a lot of people ignore mechanics and don’t realize others have just been picking up the slack.

And that’s the exact issue. You’re going in thinking “it’s OK if I die because others will know the mechanics and do the job for me.” But that’s not always the case is it?

This is the healer’s job.

Not the add. That’s DPS’s job. This conversation would be less annoying if you’d read the OP

1 Like

I’m responding to you specifically mentioning the crossbows.

The add is everyone’s job, including the healer, the crossbow is the healer’s.