I apologize to the classic era people

Wait, what

People don’t want to do harder raids? Like… There is no point in the raiding we got to do during Classic. The rest of the game was fun, but raiding was ridiculous. Wiping and progression are supposed to be 95% of your raiding experience, slowly getting better at difficult fights is where the fun is. If everything rolls over and dies during the first week, what the hell is the point?

I’m having a blast watching the progression streams of Season of Mastery. And I’m sure I’ll have a blast in Molten Core when my guild gets to it.

2 Likes

Harder raids are appealing, rerolling for a year is not though.

And don’t touch to my world buffs

@Arielba, Yeah you usually have bad takes so it checks out, but hey at least you can always “go back to retail”

2 Likes

There is an issue with world buffs, in that if you make raids hard(ish) with world buffs, say, 50-100 wipes for average guilds, they will not be doable without them, and progression will be impossible (as you’ll need to rebuff every time you wipe).

And if you opt to make it doable without world buffs, those same fights become trivial with them, and we’re back to the original problem of speedruns and content that rolls over and dies before you even wipe once.

Speed runs with world buffs are fun. No normal human being wants to wipe in MC for 6 hours for terrible gear. Vanilla is a social/pvp game. Retail is a game for hard raid content, not classic. I think you are going to be shocked at how much of the player base will not even pass mc. And for what reason? None. Raiding in vanilla is supposed to be over a beer with the boys smashing bosses go get loot. You pve fanatics come up with the most cancerous theorys to end game

7 Likes

Harder raids are not appealing. That is why you barely see anyone running MC even though you can have flasks made for like 10g a piece

4 Likes

You don’t see anyone running MC because most of us aren’t even 60. Lol.

Let us farm UBRS for a bit, then we’ll get to it.

“I think you are going to be shocked at how much of the player base will not even pass mc”

So you’re saying the content will last FOREVER? Are you threatening me with a good time?

I mean, I’m not a particularly good raider. My guild needed sweat, tears, 1050 wipes and quite a bit of stress and shifting blame around to kill Argus back in Legion. But it was still an amazing experience. So what if you fail? You get to try again. And again. And again and again and again. And learning that even scrubs like us can clear Mythic content if we bash our heads against it for enough time? That makes you feel unbelievably good.

1 Like

The idea looks good on paper but believe me the majority pop doesn’t think like you. And no, there are tons of people that are level 60 and currently fully geared

5 Likes

We’ll see. To me, and I imagine to most PvE enthusiasts who also happen to think retail has sucked for a decade now, I feel that SoM will prove to be an enjoyable experience. There are many things about it I don’t like - none of the polls we answered indicated we wanted quicker ranking or an insanely fast release schedule but they went with those anyway - but I feel that those who attempt raiding will like it more than they expect to. Following the progression streams has been really fun - people flying around on Baron Geddon and getting obliterated by the Rag adds is actually quite humorous.

Of course, we’ll need to watch and see how many people actually stick around to experiment for themselves. Things aren’t looking great atm.

I’m not sure I’m following you. If I understand correctly, raids are already harder in SoM. So even with worlbuffs, they would be harder than in classic era. Without worldbuffs, they most be doubly harder.

That being said, I always saw world buffs as helping for progression, but not mandatory to clear content. And when progression is over, world buffs are nice to ease things out.

3 Likes

This is exactly why they have various raid difficulties in retail. Trying to appease too many play styles. I’m not promoting putting that feature in Classic though.
SoM is an experiment imo. I feel Lazarak is correct and the player base on this project will diminish quickly. Time will tell.

2 Likes

yea classic was meant for just chilling with the boys on discord. Not for an actual challenge. Blizz kinda dropped the ball.

1 Like

Yes. I am in favor of unchanged Classic Era servers. I want world buffs. I want no increased boss health. I do not want a PvP ranking system at release.

The game has been released for 15 years on private servers. Notably The most popular being close to how vanilla WoW was. Not huge changes in systems, added races, cosmetic additions, etc…

Contrary to popular belief especially on these forums, people including myself, replayed on private servers each time a new one was released. I know what to expect. I enjoy playing it how it is. I don’t need new life pumped into the game. People will find this out as they play SoM. Sure, HC is a great addition. Combatting bots and boosting is awesome for every iteration of the game.

This is why IMO, I feel that there is so much conflict between SoM players and I guess you could call them Classic players. SoM players want change Classic era players just want a release for Classic without all these changes. Us Classic players haven’t heard anything about this and not sure if we ever will, so we are stuck in limbo waiting for Blizzard or a private server to pop up.

1 Like

Classic Era is the only WoW I’ve played outside of a small excursion through the open beta. I’m having a ball discovering new things about the game and making friends. That said, I’m open to the idea of introducing content that never got its chance to shine: Emerald Dream/Timbermaw Hold/etc.

1 Like

People just want to pump and zug.

3 Likes

Yea and I wonder how many of that 200k actually made it to 60?

Judging by how large the games pop was the entire time, and the virus pandemic thing, I would say probably all of them give or take

2 Likes

Most people don’t want WBs. WB andies just complain about not having them more than normal people.

2 Likes

People don’t want to spend 2 possibly 2 hours getting wbuffs, and would rather wipe 13 times on shazz for 3 hours. :mathspinningaroundhead:

Here’s another prediction of mine that will come true yet again-

Once the raid difficulty gatekeeps the no world buff Andy’s, they’ll be asking for standard raiding back later

2 Likes

are you implying you need WBs to not wipe on shazzrah ? :expressionless: