I apologize to the classic era people

they were right… they were right :cry:

16 Likes

My dear dear child…

3 Likes

right about what? also its about 5 ppl there.

Edit: Lizzard changes the game, despite people saying its a bad idea. The game gets worse ofc, as it always does.

Big surprise.

2 Likes

no, they weren’t right. Era is a meme. Fresh was the right move, blizz just dropped the ball hard.

4 Likes

Right about accelerated time line being a bad idea. Right about PvP ranking at the start of a server, right about an easier R14 grind being a bad idea, world buffs and increased boss health being boring as hell, etc…

2 Likes

Era was a meme? What is that even suppose to mean? Im sure the 200,000+ people that signed the petition for Blizzard to bring back Vanilla WoW didn’t think it was a meme.

9 Likes

If by “Classic Era” you mean just a normal fresh server that we had then yes sure. Most people who post here who talk about Era mean the eternal post-naxx servers, which are 100% a meme at this point.

5 Likes

They weren’t right. It is just that classic fresh with no changes would be better than what we got in SoM.

There are ways to make classic fresh better while fixing real issues that were in classic. Like WBs and mage boosting.

No one wanted harder raids. Only random retail players who don’t like classic anyway.

11 Likes

I kinda liked the idea of harder raids but clearly blizz can’t even handle fine tuning the pvp system to properly match an accelerated cadence. At this point they should just nuke SoM and make one fresh PvP and one fresh PvE regular classic server.

6 Likes

It wouldn’t.

People like you fail to realize how little interest there actually is in a fresh classic without changes. The servers would be dead.

People came back to classic in 2019 for one last hurrah to do all the stuff they never got a chance to do, and guess what? MOST of them did that. There is virtually no reason for majority of the player base to come back to play classic again.

If they really want people to come back and play they’d design new raids and gear that goes beyond naxx, introduce arena and rated bg’s, and balance classes. Until they do that anything they try with classic era, or seasons, is going to be a complete joke.

4 Likes

Ah, yeah. Agreed there.

Blizzard needs to just open a Classic fresh so all these people that continue to dangle their threat of “Do this or Im cancelling my sub!” can leave.

I love when people say that players would not play Classic if there were no changes lmao. What about the 15 years that people having been playing on Vanilla private servers? The servers with little to no changes that are in line with how Vanilla was?

5 Likes

I agree with you but this is also a niche community. Blizz Classic was magnitudes larger than any pserver and the # of people who would return to do classic again right now would be a much smaller segment of that total. I understand why people say there wouldn’t be interest because I guess technically yeah compared to 2019 they’re right. There is always a niche though that will play classic fresh so as long as they launch 1-2 servers a season they’re good.

No more SoM bs. Blizz clearly can’t handle it. As far as I’m concerned SoM is over unless blizz nukes everyone’s pvp gear right now.

4 Likes

Unless you’re talkin SoM there is no difference between an Era server and a fresh classic server.

The game is what you make of it.
You decide if what you are doing is fun for you.

I was happy for players that wanted fresh but it was never what I wanted. Enjoy what you’ve been given.
Or not. Your choice and that’s what matters.

3 Likes

Blizzard don’t give up you can fix this. If PvP system is messed up change it back to what worked best for people.

Thrall, Queb always right (almost).

it’s okay. we know.

1 Like

Nobody wants to do harder raids that actually raid tho. It’s cringe and slow and there is no point in it. Barely anyone even cares to do mc atm

3 Likes

This is great. I love the changes. Please change more. Classic+ come on

2 Likes

“world buffs and increased boss health being boring as hell”

Wait, you are in favor of world buffs and unchanged boss health?

Your ideas of what makes something fun are so different from mine I don’t think we could ever have a productive discussion about anything. You enjoy the hardest PvE content in the game rolling over in 40 seconds?

Did you even attempt SOM Molten Core?

Yeah, faster ranking, faster release schedule and PvP gear being available from the start were bad ideas, but none of us were asking for that.