I am SOOO MAD, Bnet Authenticator Issue!

I don’t even know what that is lol, Google time.

You have to put your phone number on the account and allow notifications.

Was that meant to be hilarious?

Yeah I found this

and it says

It is no longer displayed as “SMS Protect” but simply as “Add Phone Number” for your Blizzard Account.

Which would explain why I’ve never heard of it lol

Didn’t realize they stopped referring to it is that lol

1 Like

I would just ignore that moo guy, check out the other threads, the guy jumps to conclusions like it’s an official sport and he’s going for gold.

The guy will go find a comment like “get a phone” and then say what you really meant was “everyone should leave the game and I hate you all”.

3 Likes

Glad I dropped into this thread though because I recently changed my number and if you hadn’t mentioned SMS Protect I wouldn’t have looked on bnet account info and noticed my old number was still there :smiley: Saves me from having to do it in the future

2 Likes

Move out of the sticks…

1 Like

Wifi calling

WHY ARE WE SHOUTING

I think the thin air is getting to you! :grimacing:

I think step one would be deactivating your caps lock. You should find the button, on a standard QWERTY keyboard, between the [TAB] and the [SHIFT] key.

1 Like

I remember you . . . in the mountains . . .

2 Likes

if you have windows 11. You can download androids onto your pc. This allows you to get the authenticator placed on pc. Why blizzard has not announced this feature is beyond me.

Because it’s highly insecure. One good keylogger and you are boned. And it’s damned easy to get remote access to a Windows machine

True. to a point. That why you uses one of the better ai security for your computer. These advance one for people who do stupid stuff on pc will save you in the end. AI security software stops any download that seem annoying. It a pain when wow patches come up. but will save you a ton of headaches.

You know there might be a problem when you are smugly suggesting that people use a third party program to bypass a basic game function like the group finder because it no longer serves its purpose as effectively as it did a week ago. Putting in text is actually useful for people who make groups which is probably why General discussion doesn’t see the problem.

Huh? I looked it up, Artificial Intelligence can be use to assist Cybersecurity firms, but AI Security Software? Are you talking about Antivirus and Malware detection software?

Ngl if I lived in the mountains I’d be out enjoying life instead of whining on the forums for a video game.

3 Likes

i try to explain yes it’s security software that has AI components. You have to look at what type you buying. If it says AI included that is the best you can buy. Sorry. English is not the best subject and I had thought you know what you were talking about. If you looking for something specific there are tons that have this option.

The other way is just to use an old cellphone and put an authenticator on that. If it has wifi then you can do it that way.

1 Like