I am glad that boosters wont be thing in TBC!

Or will they?

TBC has a rating lock plus Arena points but if you don’t have the rating you cant buy/use the gear

Huge PVP Gearing Change Coming to TBC Classic - YouTube

Is TBC a grind? Can I just log in and play arena or do I have to grind to get the gear?

Really appreciate what TBC Classic is going be

2 Likes

since boosting has taken over expect everything in this game, regardless of expac/activity, to be able to be boosted in some way. Classic had boosting and gold buying like crazy despite there not being arena.

And TBC is not a grind like retail, but it can be if you choose to do all the dailies and such for pve reasons. You’ll still have to grind honor and bg marks. You’ll still have to do arena and do a certain amount of games weekly + your CR will determine how many points you get in the next week to spend on gear.

you could log in and do arena with crap gear and probably have better results than if you tried that on retail. back then people were winning games with all different kinds of gear. But arena was new back then and not many people knew what was goin on.

It takes about 16 weeks at 1800 cap to get full arena point gear and it takes about 160-200 hours STRAIGHT BGING and winning 100% of the time to get full honor gear.

Your gear for the first season will be 80% pve gear and the rest of the pieces you can fill in, the ladder is looking like glad will be less then the rating requirement for the weapon so id suggest you raid to get a pve weapon.

Gear matters way more in tbc due to resil being A HUGE THING and the fact that honor gear hols half the amount of resil that arena gear has. Its worth just gemming resil into pve gear until s2-s3.

Tbc gearing is FAR worse then shadowlands gearing so good luck with that.

3 Likes

They removed rating locked gear for TBC classic except weapon and shoulders.

2 Likes

TBC badly needs dampening. Also some form of class balance would be nice. Otherwise there’s no reason to play anything other than 5 specs.

Like hunters have min range and a deadzone and aimed shot is 3 second cast. Looking back I wonder if BM along with a 2 hander would be best. Go straight melee and go for the kill only when enemy healer is oom. for 2s

What are you talking about? The gear disparity in TBC is nowhere even close to what SL has. Stop spreading misinformation.

2 Likes

They can also do good damage with melee attacks to people in the “deadzone.”

1 Like

Im talking about how long it takes which is problem not the gear disparity even though it is still 25% between each season and itll be bigger from honor gear -> s1 because of the change in stat design from very early tbc to early tbc and resil having a small stat budget on arena gear.

This is a L68 rogue killing L70 arena geared players. Other parts of the movie have a L70 priest in greens and blues killing arena geared players and a L70 hunter in S1 gear killing people in S2 and S3 gear.

Unless things have been drastically changed, I’d expect the same in terms of relative gear disparity.

1 Like

You have to know how stupid that video is right, like half the video is him in full arena gear on rogues vsing people in less then honor blues. The other half is him as a rogue using full cds with 5 minutes cds to kill 1 single person who generally was backpedaling.

I can do this in shadowlands aswell at 700 mmr or random bgs to people who are that bad. You have realize that the general player base will be FAR more skilled then anyone seen on this video and the difference between some of these players is more then even shadowlands has.

1 Like

You aren’t beating people in conquest gear as a L58 in SL. You are living in an alternate reality.

3 Likes

Man we get it… You like retail :roll_eyes:

Has boosting always been a thing? For sure. Is it way more rampant now? Absolutely. A couple items being rating locked isn’t an issue when you compare your entire set being rating locked. All that combined with a bigger ilvl disparity than ever.

Congrats you yet again don’t have a point to your post.

that is discouraging so basically its a grind =(

I don’t think TBC Rogues killing anyone, regardless of level difference, is a valid argument.

Worse then you can begin to imagine. The beta characters that you start with are probably 250-270 hours ahead of where you would be starting from 60.

bro…
the deadzone is the point where they cant MELEE or HIT WITH RANGE

rofl.

The only thing that can give you significant problems with this is a mage with frost nova. It’s just not as much of an issue as it is made out to be, IMO.

Fortunately many of us stood up and made threads so changes would happen. I don’t think boosters will be an issue. I mean you can get comparable S1 weapons without Arena. Unless you really want the shoulder Xmog at 2k. Rest of gear is no requirement.

Granted the new system isn’t perfect but going with S3 reqs which is only weapon/shoulders is much better. Still start at 0 rating though which is a problem and should be 1500.

For me I’ll be doing Attunements, getting Rep so I can buy BiS from vendors and Raiding for most of my PvP BiS. There are tons of quests and items of importance outside of PvP depending on your spec. I’m sure you could BG and only do Arena but TBC offers so much more as a game and other great gear sources. Also PvE in TBC was actually fun instead of the M+ weekly vault grind Retail has become.

Also some professions have BiS weapons/items. So worth checking that out.

1 Like

thank you Ill have to check it out , now to find a guild lol =)

1 Like

LF cryogenic freezing

Awaken time: legion classic ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

1 Like