I am done with Horrific Visions

I’m 53. Now that I’m higher in the research chain, I’m OK with them.

Even with Stormwind, I had no problem getting the two pages with the vessel. This is going for rank 11, of the cloak. I could not do any MORE than just the two pages, running out of time on Alleria (whatever the boss is named.)

So now I’ve reached a point where the “cap” actually helps me; Some guy could be able to do full clears, with five masks/whatever, but he still can’t get more pages than I can :wink:

I’m starting to like it, as solo content, since I can just “do it.” I don’t need a global village to help me, just doing it on my time. I just think the ilevel of the items starts two low; JUST being able to get two pages, with POSSIBLY the boss, will get me a 430. Even I don’t need a 430, being up to 445 for the emissarys even.

3 Likes

I’m hearing you, you are blaming the system when you aren’t just doing it properly. Honestly no flame but if you fully understand the mechanics and your sanity orbs you will have no issues

4 Likes

Tasle, the problem is not that I cannot finish… at least if I don’t crash. The problem is that I find it stressful and un-fan. That’s what you are not hearing.

35 Likes

I feel invigorated that I am never grinding the cloak on this toon. The game is actually funner if you pretend 8.3 never existed. I went far enough to cleanse now I am just cleansing everything and ignoring the whole system.

10 Likes

Kypo, yes, only having to get two pages is a consolation for those who don’t want to or cannot do full clears, as they can keep up with the twichy folks who love them. I don’t even enjoy doing two zones.

2 Likes

You don’t have to finish though. You don’t have to do full clears or even 2 bonus obj. You can go at whatever pace you feel like. I understand that you don’t fine it fun and it’s stressful. But you can mitigate the stressful part. The fun thing Idk that’s all perspective.

Also, you don’t really even need to push your cloak unless you want to stack corruption. Which as a casual you don’t need to.

2 Likes

Apple, I am almost to the point of pretending 8.3 doesn’t exist outside of the new raid.

10 Likes

i find them fun and easy. prob caz im a hunter only doing 2 sides and the boss

also sucks to be you. tanks and healers (and mages sadly) have a hard time doing it solo and getting into groups. now you know how every dps feels getting into duggs/raids/keys

DH is the simplest class to do Horrific Visions on.

3 Likes

I may be choosing to live in a bubble and that’s okay cause I am farming Naz mounts/xmog bubbles are everywhere.

2 Likes

I understand you’re not looking for advice so much as expressing disappointment/frustration in the horrific visions. That said, if you’re playing on your druid, I think your item level is a bit low for them.

You can technically do it at 428–I did in the 420s on my alt DH–but it is significantly harder than it needs to be. Right now, I am above 450 item level as I talk about full clears, and it is anxiety free because of how fast everything dies. Try raising your item level and giving it another go–I don’t think it will cause the anxiety that it does now!

1 Like

The timer (aka insanity bar) kinda efs it up for me. I don’t like feeling rushed. I love challenging solo content, but the timers take the fun out of it for me.

12 Likes

Apple, I always tell people the only reason to play a game is to have fun. If what you are doing is fun, then you are doing it right.

11 Likes

Fortunately, I also full clear on my DK and close to it on my SV hunter (though haven’t tried on him this week)!

I pretend a lot of things don’t exist in this game. Things like pet battles, mythic raiding, essence grinds.

5 Likes

And that’s okay.

You don’t have to do ALL of the content, you don’t have to be good at ALL of the content.

The sooner you go into a vision and say “whatever will be, will be” the better your experience will be.

2 Likes

I actually really like the Naz gear for leather Benthic! It’s my jam! Look at my panda in the starfish hat I love it!

2 Likes

Some classes just have it easier than other do in Visions.

2 Likes

Good day Brille,

In my opinion it is worth persisting with it as research will make it easier.
Although I am a little under half your age and my senses/reaction time may be a little different I’m most certain you’ll be able to make the lost/corrupted area progression needed for your cloak (even if you don’t get a full clear).

Otherwise pooling with other players may make the experience less stressful

Manlion, I have all but the bottom researched. The problem is that I am not enjoying them. Further, I find them incredibly stressful due to the unavoidable timer aspect. Because of that, I am no longer doing them.

6 Likes