I am done with Horrific Visions

God forbid you do other content that leads to doing better content. Dailies, lesser visions, and assault all take an hour a day at most. Assaults come naturally with doing the dailies, so you don’t have to push them the day that they’re out. Lesser visions take literally 5 minutes. Each zone takes maybe 30 minutes to do, unless you’re unlucky and can’t find chests/rares. But generally you can look in /1 and people will be typing out where rares are.

I did the math earlier in the thread. So far we’ve had access to a grand total of 25 vessels, but have only needed 16 to get to r11 cloak. Next week we’ll only need 1 run, so 17 runs but 29 total vessels possible. Next week we’ll have an overage of 12 vessels total if you’ve done the bare minimum content leading up to it. 12 total extra runs that you could have done. You can only hold up to 7 really, so that means even if you’re HARDCORE banking them, you had 5 extra runs to play with. Come on, man. You’re being dramatic. Failed runs aren’t the end of the world.

I like the content in HV’s. Do I wish I could see it more often? 100%. They’re a lot of fun. Do I understand why they’re timegated? Absolutely.

Imagine a world full of a variety of players that have ridiculously widespread cloak rankings. You have a shaman (let’s just call him Fumbaji) who only has a r6 cloak. Now let’s look at another player (we’ll call him Cookie) who, because of lack of timegating, now has a r14 cloak because all of his runs have been successful and he’s done all the content leading up to it. That’s quite the difference in corruption resistance (almost a whole r2 echoing void, or even a r1 TD or IS) and a whole main stat proc. I’ve done all 29 runs to completion, but you’ve only done 5 to completion. That gap would be quite the difference.

Now here’s with timegating: Cookie is rank 11. He only has 15 increased corruption resistance. He doesn’t have a stat proc difference. Fumbaji has had access to get his cloak up to further ranks, but he willingly didn’t do it even though there’s timegating to protect him from Cookie, or anyone for that matter, overpowering him with just one piece of gear. Even if Fumbaji had only done 4 weeks of content, instead of all 7 (when we’re able to hit rank 12 for the stat proc), he’d still be able to get his cloak to the same place that Cookie’s is at.

That’s called protection of the casual player.

2 Likes