I am concerned with how Blizzard addresses redemption from attempted (or completed) genocide

Actually they tend to fall into a meritocratic model… which is pretty authoritarian in outlook.

1 Like

I said partially because I know they are not a democratic society. But there are elements of grass-roots power dynamics.

Eventually it’s going to happen or people are going to want it to be addressed down the line

Which is why the suggestion to never touch them again, is frankly, a dumb idea

2 Likes

They are. A brand new Man’ari NPC has already been added in the Exodar. The questline’s epilogue leaves little place for doubt as to whether Arzaal and his allies are to be reintegrated into the Draenei society.

The simple fact that they bothered writing a questline to make the new custom options lore-supported means that the Man’ari are effectively part of the Draenei nation and the Alliance now

8 Likes

I’m fully against it and have been thinking about it more and more.

Honestly this is fairly similar to the now infamous DRAENOR IS FREE moment.

While Velen says it will take more work we don’t see it. Everything- all crimes- are instantly forgiven. And just like the Maghar (who at least have the excuse of being a generation removed and fleeing zealots hunting them down because they won’t convert faiths) these guys are now playable.

It’s just their crimes are 10x worse and likely there won’t be any lines about this again, and we won’t see anything about it unlike the (possible) Yrel expansion.

I will say fighting Evil Yrel as a “Good” (read: beaten and now fighting for the Alliance so they aren’t killed) Man’ari is absolutely hilarious.

I know it is gameplay but I do find it curious playable Man’ari don’t reconstitute in the Twisting Nether. So much for my theory about disposable shock troopers for the Alliance that could endlessly regenerate.

It’s bad lore and going back to it again later is just going to make it worse, not better.

Man’ari should be kill on sight by every Draenei and night elf on Azeroth. They shouldn’t be part of society at all, ever.

1 Like

That’s just your opinion. And creating more stories for them allows blizz to IMPROVE upon the initial concept.

This weird obession with complaining about the lore being crappy and than flailing when anyone dares to suggest blizz try to write more and improving it is insane

No wonder the games lore is in the sad state it’s in.

1 Like

Yeah, it’s in this sad state because people and Blizzard are putting player customization over creating a consistent and compelling game world.

2 Likes

Blizz like any smart company, goes where the money is at. And this is what the vast majority of players want. Once you realize that, things will get a lot easier

Yes, I understand that. That is not the path to good or compelling story though.

1 Like

I’m aware, the majority of WoWs playerbase isn’t here for the lore or compelling story though.

We’re in the minority and blizz as a company who’s sole job is to make a profit is going to cater to the majority

Have to agree with Lena. The opening all classes to all races is already gross.

Making Man’ari blend into Draenei is weird and stupid. Make them Horde. Make them a race literally hiding in a basement like old locks.

But we’ve gone from Human Locks hiding in basements, to them being out in the open with Christie Golden’s self insert saving Varian multiple times (and in War Crimes winking at him IIRC), to even Draenei having locks. Even Pandaren. EVEN LIGHTFORGED.

It’s the stupidest thing I’ve seen in the game this side of WoD and SL. Race-Class combos used to mean something… but I guess that was also before we were the super special Champions and outliers. When we were just above average adventurers.

3 Likes

Right. So people got their customization. Now that story should be dead and buried and never brought up again.

1 Like

And I disagree. Whole heartedly.

Its an mmoRPG. A core part is the RPG. Having things that don’t work with lore destroys that part.

1 Like

The fact this man’ari admitted straight up to murdering Draenei and I wasn’t allowed to kill him on sight makes this quest incredibly stupid. Stupid beyond belief. Unworthy of being brought up again in the future.

3 Likes

And that;s solely your opinion on the matter. There are others who would disagree with you is all I’m saying.

The playerbase isn’t a hive mind and blizz is well aware that.

There are ways they could have added man’ari that wouldn’t have been as dumb, but they chose probably one of the single dumbest ways to do it.

1 Like

Bro, Alliance players and their weird revenge fantasies and obsession with in-universe penance… So weird

8 Likes

What’s a galaxy of genocide between distant cousins? I assume Man’ari and Draenei still have some familial relations. Or maybe they killed them all on one of the planets they chased them down on.

1 Like