I am Blizzard. Convince me why we should have fresh Cata servers when the Wotlk fresh died in 3 months

I am Blizzard. Convince me why we should have fresh Cata servers when the Wotlk fresh servers died in 3 months.

1 Like

Nobody cares weirdo

11 Likes

They died as soon as Blizzard opened them up for transfers, if they don’t open them up they’ll last longer.

7 Likes

Perhaps they died because 2-3 months is about the time it takes those with no life to complete the game, and then they just went back to their old servers because most normal people stayed on those.

6 Likes

Convince yourself “Blizzard,” or read any of my prior posts on the topic.
:axe:

I don’t think anyone from blizzard even reads forums anymore or logs into the game, it’s probably viewed as a real estate property now, like one of a thousand homes some mogul owns, you know he never looks at one of them.

1 Like

Not sure there is much point in fresh after having played it in wotlk.

Unless they want to put serious bonuses on them I don’t see how they could stay alive. They’d need to make it so some people currently playing on other servers would be interested to go there with incentives like bonus xp/loot. Because a problem for me on fresh was that most people were new classic players with not much goal to stay for the long run. You kept bleeding players each weeks until Ulduar launched and you had to transfer because you couldn’t fit a roster for Ulduar.

Interested to see if people feel differently about this.

2 Likes

As a filthy casual player, WotLK is my favorite and I would live my WoW life there. But everyone rushes to endgame then leaves. On top of that, we’re told that we are being converted to Cata, something I did not personally enjoy the first time around. In fact I stopped playing shortly after original Cata. So here I am in SoD, seemingly the only place where I can be a filthy casual and not have to essentially be a solo player.

2 Likes

When SOD is over there will be some demand for wrath again, I think.

3 Likes

Cause I really really want one and blizzard should give every option that anybody wants. Blizzard is a multi trillion dollar company and could easily give us all what we want. Fresh cata servers, wrath era servers, BC era servers, if someone wants it blizzard should give it to us. Blizzard is going to lose so many players as we all unsub if there isn’t a fresh Cata server, like millions of lost subs.

2 Likes

The real reason the fresh servers died is because blizzard locked them for months.

People’s friends couldn’t make new characters to join them.

After the initial hype died down, new players and returners couldn’t join us on the fresh LOCKED servers.

So every guild died and everyone quit until they opened transfers off the sinking boat

2 Likes

we want fresh cata for fresh exp. cata changes the game completely so we should freshen up with fresh toons in fresh servers.

2 Likes

Maladath specifically died because they offered free transfers off when it was still relatively new.

2 Likes

I remember that. Skyfury was popping. Then no one could join. If they never locked it I believe skyfury would still be a top server.

3 Likes

glad you are too ignorant to understand the point of the thread.

It wasn’t three months. Psure Skyfury was still locked 3 months in. It was more like 8 months, but noticeable within the first month or so after phase 2 started that people were leaving.

The question, I suppose would be for those who played on fresh start servers whether they would choose to do so again.

I had an absolutely blast playing on Fresh Skyfury, both the 1-60 one-month long prepatch, which was amazing! And would have been worth paying the transfer fees by itself, and for the several months that followed that I played on that server.

In my personal opinion, going from a 2 hour full phase 1 raid clear raid night/week per character to two 6 hour raid commitments per character in phase 2 (Ulduar 10 and 25 HMs) made a lot of people quit playing, I think.

The GM of our guild was able to justify leading a 2 hour raid once or twice a week to his family, but had to put RL over Gaming come phase two, and that meant he was out.

Im not sure how common that sort of thing was, but in combination with people screaming the sky is falling, and transfers opening up, the feah server that was locked for months, eventually died out and free transfers were offered.

Revenue wise, was it worthwhile? Idk, but I’d guess probably.

From a player’s perspective, I’d definitely do it again.

:woman_shrugging:

1 Like

cata is a waste of power even if it’s only one server that needs to be powered

Wotlk “died” the moment sod opened.

but sure…

2 Likes

Because like Disney it’s how they get new people playing.

Died way before that

2 Likes