I am Blizzard. Convince me why we should have fresh Cata servers when the Wotlk fresh died in 3 months

WotLK was doing fine until SoD launched. Queues went through the roof overnight. But you knew that already.

2 Likes

Oh! Look everyone! ā€œBlizzardā€ is listening to community feedback! Itā€™s really happening!

Just not worth it. I agree a segment exists and some people want it. History is the teacher. Truth is it isnā€™t big enough. Plus the coin is in the gameā€¦ so the whole fresh game is gone. Some people will just buy coins and the gold is there. No way in hell they chop that monetization means out of fresh servers imo.

You say there arenā€™t enough people that want to play on fresh serversā€¦
Yet, there was thousands of players in queue to log in the fresh servers that were full!
Problem is blizzard locked the servers instead of increasing capacity or whateverā€¦to let everyone play and not wait in queue !

1 Like

And even when the queues died down because people were sick of waiting. The servers remained locked and new people couldnt join in.

I have a friend who went to play on another server because of that.
Blizzard could have plenty of players on a fresh servers but they didnt care.

1 Like

There is no reason to pick a fresh server and an old server, easier to buy exp quest items, and in vanilla and tbc buy carries.

As soon as tranfers open people will move the characters they have on the fresh servers to their main server.

Letā€™s see, how about hiring one guy to stalk the fresh server and ban any bots he sees daily? Bots free server would probably make this server popular. lol

We shouldnā€™t have fresh servers and some clusters should be merged.

I lolā€™d at this. Cata fresh servers shouldnt happen as a person mentioned wrath servers died out because players thought they wanted fresh but really didnt and went back their old servers.

On top of that the fresh servers is where the retail vacationers went while they waited for dragonflight prepatch.

The same will happen with a fresh cata server and their is no way players will lvl from 1 to 85 without heirlooms and JJ.