I’m going to rage so hard when they let people copy their 60s to TBC realms

False. Tier 2.5+ gear is mostly on par with level 68, Niche items like Styleens are strong going into Kara. Thunder is a 109 dps weapon while Might of menethil is = to a non-epic equiv from pre-raid dungeons.

Still a very useful AOE tanking tool for prot pallies and warriors.

I’m of 2 minds in regards to this and can see the perks/downsides of both though my preference is a fresh start.

1 Like

I don’t know man, I’m kind of a fresh start guy but I really like both my classic characters. Actually, I like them so much they’re kind of the reason I prefer a fresh start. Why spend all that time on your classic character just to have it all be wasted hours into tbc? I’d prefer separate games where I can build my new tbc char but also still enjoy logging into classic and playing there as well.

7 Likes

It’s not going to be that big of a deal. Yeah, some people will have a 2-3 pieces of AQ/Naxx gear that will last a while, but most gear will be replaced by Karazhan, which people will be raiding within a month or two of release. Gear will be mostly evened out between new and old players within like 60 days of TBC launch.

So let the people who spent two years raiding in Classic show off their pimp raiding gear one last time while leveling in Outland.

1 Like

I don’t think you realize they nerfed the leveling process mid TBC, and it takes about the same time to hit 70 as it does to hit 60 in Vanilla.

Also if you go “fresh” everyone will most certainly play horde, and that’s not good. Variety is the spice of life.

Also why on earth would Draenie and Blood elves have no chance, most guilds will help them power level, any Draenie that end up in our guild are going to get PWR leveled in terms of gear so they will be competitive in early TBC.

Players who are not in a guild can gear up in R14 welfare epics and the weapons are no joke either. This is available for even the most casual player.

Literally everyone has a fair shot in TBC because of the prepatch event, and all the insane catchup gear.

A fresh 60 during the prepatch can be in mostly full epics before the portal opens, so I don’t see an issue.

3 Likes

Just imagine if Blizz allowed all that gold from Vanilla to transfer over to TBC. What a great way to start on the wrong track.

6 Likes

I was rich going into TBC vanilla, I expect to be even more rich going into TBC classic. Guess what? It had no effect on anyone else’s gameplay when I bought the expansion and went into it with my existing filthy rich character. It won’t have an impact this time either. And no, your “feelings” of people towering as gods before you don’t matter. Start farming your flying money now, and stop complaining about other people being better at making gold than you in a video game. This is as stupid as asking for a wipe back in vanilla going into vanilla TBC.

4 Likes

So you DON’T want blizzard to do the one thing we told them to do? Keep it authentic? Back in vanilla you had a 60, when TBC came out you still had that 60, they didn’t force you to reroll, why should now be different? The only thing I’d say at all is limiting gold and items so everyone doesn’t have epic flight in the first 2-3 days of launch, back in the day seeing one of those would be rare early on and with the fix to AE damage mages wont be able to just farm that raw gold at nearly the same rate they do now.

4 Likes

dude… they haven’t even announed burning crusade’s a thing yet… calm your jet’s.

2 Likes

Blizzard loves money and they aren’t stupid, they are going to keep it super simple.

They will most likely - Continue our servers into BC and make fresh classic servers for the private server “Fresh” crowd or the people who hate tbc. We’ll be able to xfer to a “few” of these classic servers to keep our 60’s or classic toons on a classic realm. They will then MERGE the other classic realms down as they die. There will be no pre-patch, instead we’ll just get early access to elves and space goats so people can get to leveling.

Rightfully so. We should only be allowed to copy our characters in blue gear and only have like 10-25 gold.

Lol. Naxx gear lasts until you get like tier 4 or 5 in some cases.

The will be for sure new and fresh servers, and also we will get some realms to transfer characters from Classic. Just play wherever you want, but don’t try to force us all on fresh ones, because many people don’t want it to happen.

2 Likes

I bet we get a few fresh start realms. I would bet on this in the same way i would bet a few realms never transition to TBC.

1 Like

Yeah, no. I’m not going to be on an equal playing field with the fotm warriors who switch to hunter when tbc releases. Level that char from the start while people who put in their time get the head start they earned

4 Likes

Are you okay? It’s not normal human behaviour to stop self-progress just because someone has “more” than you. This could be an indication of clinical depression and maybe you should take a break from the game if this is type of mentality you’re starting to identify with.

2 Likes

And vanilla will be ready for “fresh” when the time for tbc comes, anyway. Better to take those characters into tbc and let people roll on new classic servers than the other way around.

For one, tbc is going to have even worse faction balance than classic. Not to mention how lame it will be to roll on a tbc server then have to level through classic all over again just to get to the new stuff. Those first few weeks of tbc while stuck in classic are going to suck

Open a TBC fresh where everyone is lvl58 (draeneis/belves can do 1-10 then boost to 58)

no reason to level through the vanilla zones if this is tbc content

If you listen to the general forums everyone is rich and has thousands of gold but also everyone is broke and using RMT.

So which is it?

Maybe, just maybe there are orders of magnitudes more players present in game now, with the same percentage of players capable of spending their time in game efficiently you’re just exposed to it more often.

In vanilla on a server with 1500 players, 150 players with 20k gold might not be noticeable.

In classic, with a server of 6000 players, mostly concentrated on one faction (thanks blizzard), 600 players with 20k gold really impacts the economy.

Not only that but just the passive gold generated by 6000 players doing in game activities means there is just a massive amount of legitimate gold in the economy compared to Vanilla. With the only “gold sink” being repairs, mounts and respecs there just isn’t enough places for the gold to go.

Limiting the gold won’t fix anything for TBC. The exact same people that are capable of entering TBC with 6k gold (1k flying 5k epic flying) will hit 70 with 6k gold no matter what they start with.

The only thing limiting gold will do is hinder the average player who isn’t capable of being as efficient as the power players.

1 Like

Do a character copy that’s naked and has no gold. That works for me.

Most don’t want to level 0-60 then again 0-70. Then 0-80! Not a good way to bring back those unsubbed people for TBC either.

People will just find a cheese way to level anyway.

I would be really bummed if after spending all that time getting this guy to 60 in Classic WoW it ends up not even mattering once they release TBC classic.
I mean if you want to start fresh you can, more power to you… But why should I or anyone else have to if we don’t want to?

4 Likes