Hunters, Season of Disappointment

I’m sure that has nothing to do with the actual poor performance of melee hunters in the past or the present. It’s not like there’s a history of players being wrong about mechanics due to poor perception COUGH AUGMETNATION EVOKERS COUGH

I like how in that quote they are like “Yea it’s unpopular, but that’s not always what matters”. Pretty sure the point of SoD is to make new stuff for people to try out and create options. Not every option has to be super popular. Mutilate rogues are niche as well. But it exists.

And yet it is still a different way of playing the hunter. Which is the point.

Never talked it up. I don’t like hunters, I think they are boring and always have been. It’s my literal least favorite class to engage with. Which is why I find it so funny people are complaining about it being boring. Like duh. But I can still be objective in my arguments. I don’t have a problem with adding some more to the runes or something. But you’re kidding yourself if you think there’s going to be some massive class overhaul.

All of those examples are post nerf. You didn’t read my argument at all.

A single new gameplay option, in the form of the healing runes. There are absolutely new abilities on the hunter. I just find these “I don’t like these runes” to be a very subjective argument. Especially when it’s just a few of the same hunters on the forums complaining. I’ve heard nothing but high praise from the hunter players actually in game. But that’s all anecdotal. I don’t know what to do about your personal enjoyment in the class.

Except perhaps Classic. you know, the version of hunter this is based off. If you didn’t like Classic hunter, I wouldn’t expect you to like SoD hunter.

So right now we have healing mage, which yea is one of the few SoD impacts that I see as being a significant gameplay change. And we have fire mage, which was always crit, dot, aoe. And we have two runes that double down on dot and aoe. Is there something special about Living Bomb and Living flame that makes them unique to general mage gameplay such as Arcane Explosion spam and what not? Other than just being more damage?

Like don’t get me wrong, I imagine they are fun to press. But I’m not really seeing the argument that they fundamentally transform mages gameplay. They just double down on already established mage things. The healing runes are the major gain.