Hunters/mages? Leeway

Bfa still has a 5 yard attack range for daggers that dont match the animation

I know charge is pretty op in vanilla your right

When wow launched in 2004 I was in college. Literally no one I knew played on dial up as that would have made it unplayable. I had 5mbps speed cable internet at that point. This wasnt 1997.

So obvious this guy wasn’t a vanilla player. Dude go chill and keep your anger over in retail.

I agree he went a bit overboard as far as internet speeds, but the basis of his arguement is still valid…its 2019, why leave spell batching and latency the same as it was waaaaay back then? I want #nochanges wow, but also with current rigs and internet, classic will play utterly different than it did 15 years ago. If we truly wanted 100% #nochanges we wouldve thrown a HUGE fit over classic not being on its originial engine.

git gud scrub.

all good players play against all odds… jesus you guys never 100% satisfied its sickening. Hunters still have 1 shot combo… why complain.

Thats a laughable response honestly. You say hunters have a 1 shot combo…so does every other class in the game, are you dumb? Rogues have prep, cold blood combo, which is usually a one shot. I just genuinely dont get where people like you come from. Do you even realize that with leeway, half the players that were going to play ranged classes are now going to play a melee class instead, which historically were already overpopulated (which if you cant grasp what im saying here means extreme competition for weapons and armour…)? You people dont seem to understand, this isnt some nondescript change that affects a small portion of the wow community. This is a sweeping change that is going to effect all areas of play. It affects how tanks are going to pull and tank, it affects how kiting classes will kite, it affects how all melee classes will be played. Stop trying to downplay this as one class crying because they arent op anymore. This is about a sweeping change to the game, that is being swept under the rug. If you cant understand how the leeway system effects the game, learn. Seriously. This is a huge change.

please cry more… lol scrub

Nice arguement, if you cant come up with a valid argurment or even manage to hold a conversation dont reply.

You can still kite, but yes, it will make it slightly harder.

And yes, it was in vanilla… if you were able to kite in vanilla, you will be able to kite in classic.

And yes, leway is a thing in classic, because it was a thing in vanilla.

Go watch old hunter pvp vids man, i literally cant sit here and expain it to every person on this forum. It may have existed, but if it did it did not exist to the degree it does now.

False… they tested it… and it’s vanilla like.

I played a hunter in vanilla… and rogue… and a warrior…

I remember hitting people from 10 yards away while running… happened all the time.

I thought it was more lag that anything… but turns out it wasn’t.

What might be making it look weird now days is that our internet connection is a lot better, so the leeway is a lot more apparent.

I actually went back a did watch some old hunter videos… I see leway there as well O_o

You mind linking me the vid you see it in, maybe a timestamp as well? Cause i have yet to see something so disgustingly obvious as pariylaxs video. The most ive been given as far as actual evidence is the video provided earlier in this thread where a tiger attacks a mage at about 10yards. The only problem with that proof is that the mage then strafes in the 10 yard range, and in fact, even closer than 10 yards and doesnt get hit other than that one hit. I do believe that leeway did not actually exist in vanilla wow, but instead very crappy internet and servers did, which results in people remembering 1 in 10milllion hits hitting outside their normal range, most of which is likely due to desync or latency issues. If you cannot provide some sort of actual solid proof, other than the known untrustworthy devs saying it existed, i cannot and will not accept it as fact. I do not take things on the faith of others. I cannot believe with any certainty that the same devs who dont have the forthought to create a smooth expansion launch, had thr forthought to put a system like leeway into the base version of the game prelaunch. They wouldnt have known it was an issue prior to the launch of the game since most testing would have taken place on servers with very low latency. It would have been something they would have added after launching the base game, which if they had would have been backed up with evidence in patch notes. The problem here is that there is no mention of melee leeway being implemented in any vanilla patch note, but instead is only mentioned in a patchnote at the end of cata, pre mop. So once again if you have solid evidence leeway existed inside vanilla wow, your own memory notwithstanding, we all know human memory is garbage, hit me with it.

poor hunters, i pray for u all, as a shaman ill have no prob kiting with earthbind and frostshocks but you might have a rough time of it now

So you’re saying that the reason why my ping and connectivity has become so much superior than what it was back in 2004 is because Blizzard moved their servers closer and closer to my house? lol Good one, brah.