Hunters in random BGs HAVE to be nerfed. This has gone on FAR too long

I mean there’s been several times I’ve been blasted out of camo from a warrior knowing where I am and just heroic leaping to my spot. That’s obviously a me problem as I shouldn’t of let them know where I was, but it can be done lol.

What did they mean by this

MM Hunters aren’t particularly good in Arenas or RBGs. There are those that do well in both, and great for them, but we aren’t exactly sought after. Any nerf to MM hunters will only make us less viable in other aspects of WoW.

The problem that everyone seems to have is that we have access to massive amounts of damage with no setup. Other specs can dish out damage that is comparable but requires setup. Personally, I could do without a strong Aimed shot as an opener and would be willing to cut aimed shot damage down by 20% as long as we can go back to steady shot increasing the next aimed shot by 5% stacking 4 times, as we did in BFA(I think it was BFA). This puts us more in line with other ranged specs setup time. We still have access to big damage but it requires an additional wrinkle or two on our brains.

2 Likes

Honestly this cycle of round robin nerf-batting has been going on forever. There is always going to be someone that is unhappy. For every KB I get, I die mainly to Warriors, Rogues and DH’s. Sometimes I would rather just die quick because once we get run down there is little Hunters can do aside from evasion tactics. If a team has any skill at all they can normally heal through most of the burst, that is why clothies have begun tanking eh?

nerf mm
nerf aff
nerf bear druid
nerf sub rogue

aimed shot double tap fixed

Shots fired!

I’ll add this one to the nerf list, but it’s getting pretty big at this point.

Here is your proof.

ok, then this discussion is now moot. I wonder how long the nerf bat will continue to swing…maybe as long as those mage tanks keep taunting us in EBG’s?

BTW, how does a female mage teabag an opposing player? Wearing Lipton’s?

1 Like

It won’t matter. Hunters have been the source of QQ threads since 2004.

2 Likes

Oddly enough, we were never very popular and honestly were not considered much of a threat. Same with Rogues. It has taken an evolutionary cycle of many years for us to become a class that added some weight to a battle. Other than a couple of evasive abilities, we still die way to easily to almost every other class. We wear mail for goodness sake, yet we are still so squishy that if we did not have the burst damage we would be totally irrelevant.

2 Likes

Are you saying that hunters and rogues never were very popular? Have you lost your mind? The issue with MM hunters is that they do incredibly high burst damage, which is unfun to deal with. Blizzard claims to have fixed a bugged ability. Hopefully, it will become less tedious to face hunters because nobody enjoys being killed in 0.3 sec by a hunter in stealth.

While we’re at it, why do hunters even have stealth? Y’all should be given some sort of terrible ability that only considerably reduces mob aggro range at the cost of movement speed.

Just be glad whoever’s in charge’s girlfriend plays a hunter. Otherwise, your class would’ve been nerfed two patches ago.

Yes, I am.

1 Like

Are we talking in very specific modes of play? because hunters are very popular in this game lol. like maybe at high rating pvp they fall off but outside of that they are everywhere. I have watched mdi streams that were 3 hunters healer tank before in bfa. I find it hard to believe that hunters are not a popular class.

While I don’t agree with rogues, I agree that hunters have never been very popular in any form of rated content. When’s the last time you were putting together a 2s, 3s, or RBG group and though to yourself “oh man you know what we’re missing? A hunter!”

As I pointed out earlier in this thread, hunters are one of the least popular classes in all forms of rated content and we have been for a long, long time. You want my burst? Take it. I’ll gladly trade all of my burst for some consistent damage and some stronger defensives. Because as he said earlier in this thread, a decent group is just going to heal through the burst anyway.

1 Like

PVP wise they are very popular for levelers and low-skilled random content. As soon as you dip your toes into rated, they disappear.

2 Likes

Like I said, there was a long period of Hunters being the last guy picked for the team. Not today’s FOTM thing, but the legitimate avoidance of choosing hunters for raids etc. Sure, it has changed. Once we actually started getting noticed, everyone wanted to get on the chuckwagon.

I remember being in a raid and being told that rogues and hunters were not going to get heals because they didn’t contribute enough to matter. It was that way for many years.

2 Likes

Post on your Warrior, or you’re full of fish. Simple, take you 2 seconds or stop making excuses for Hunters.

What excuse did I make for hunters?

1 Like

They should nerf aimed shot by 30% and give it back at 60 as a new rank of aimed shot. Boom!! problem solved