Hunters dropping in DPS Rankings every week

It really wasn’t lol… but I guess there is no arguing with an idiot :rofl:

Then why are you on the forums? Kinda weird tbh

1 Like

Listen man, stop replying to me, you are too naive to reply to me, no facts in your arguments, not even a credible website to confirm your statements.

Ppl had to come here and defend you because of your small vocabulary.
But if is any consolation as soonest Microsoft merge WoW with Minecraft Your Monk can help Jesse build brick Walls… :laughing: :rofl:

https://raider.io/mythic-plus-rankings/season-sl-3/all/world/leaderboards#role=all:mode=unique:minMythicLevel=25:maxMythicLevel=99

https://raider.io/mythic-plus-rankings/season-sl-4/all/world/leaderboards#role=all:mode=unique:minMythicLevel=25:maxMythicLevel=99
The data is right there lol :man_shrugging:

The irony is too funny

1 Like

4 Likes

sorry we made up year of the spear

It was clearly just a collective, year-long Mandela effect. Happens to even the best all of us, I guess.

1 Like

I think what they need to do more than anything is add Spirit Bond back to BM and MM. I think it should be baseline. I have been watching various hunters in +27s and they are some of the worst sufferers from lack of defensives. Usually a hunter cannot get through specific encounters without the help of other classes, while most other classes are able to rely on themselves.

Spirit Bond’s X% HP per Y seconds is not a defensive, nor any other form of maximum eHP increase that’d be relevant against burst damage.

Spirit Bond would be a sustain increase, yes, but not one relevant to the problems you’re suggesting.

1 Like

Spirit Bond is what we need against rot damage. It’s not an end all solution maybe, and maybe in it’s nerfed state it probably won’t be as helpful as it used to be, but I can tell the difference between SV and the other two specs that are missing it. Maybe they could add another Aspect that reduces damage taken, but I think rot damage sucks.

2 Likes

Hunter defenses are fine, but as it been said CD are too long a part so continuous damage is our weakness. Spirit Bond would fill in the gaps between CDs and help Hunter stay cap off for when big hits happen.

1 Like

Yes, exactly. I have noticed the thing I have the biggest issue with is rot damage. The extra padding over the course of the dungeon is substantial and I am sure healers would greatly appreciate it, too. I think making it baseline for the class would go a long way in improving survivability.

Edit: Greater minds than my own would probably need to figure out how MM fits in to all of this. It’s painfully obvious how much of a glass “cannon(kek)” it feels like compared to the other two.

To sort of give a slightly more contextualized explanation of why I’d be careful targeting a given class’s pain points without regard for theme or inter-class interaction:

The more incoming damage, the greater the value of contextual sustain, be that a %DR or a self-heal like Death Strike. The less, the greater the value of flat sustain, be that like Exhilaration or Power Word: Shield.

We want classes and specs to each have a similar enough mix of each because otherwise they’re under-pressured in lower-end content or when overgeared and over-pressured in higher-end content or when undergeared.

On top of those super broad characteristics, though, there’s also frequency and depth of sustain. The burstier the damage, the more depth is needed to survive it. The more frequent the bursts, the more frequently you need at least some (perhaps mild but nonetheless sufficient) coverage. The more regular and spaced the bursts are, the more one can make use of constant self-sustain, like Permafrost or Second Wind. The less, the more separate and active tools one wants.

But there, I’m not so sure every job should have similar profiles in those regards (active vs. passive, level of available density, level of available frequence, degree of modularity, etc.), or even the same total sustain as it’d be seen on a parser (Details!, Skada, etc.). That’s seems especially the case once considering also how much else can indirectly provide sustain value (such as even just a Touch of Death finishing off an uninterruptable, non-stunnable mob before it can cast an AoE, with that degree of control providing some ‘utility’ in excess of just its overall DPS contribution)…

Regardless of whether Hunter is currently underequipped defensively, I’d prefer to see its kit retain focus on what it does now — active tools, with some available cheese thereby possible.

To that end, if we were to see added sustain budget, I’d rather that go towards making Exhilaration oGCD and/or a bit more modular, giving Feign a bit of damage suppression against existing effects while channeled, taking Turtle off the GCD, and reducing the CDs on Aspects, etc. — improving on things that already make our defensive profile what they are or, at the least, have formed some iconic advantages thus far (though not so doubling down on them as to be redundant, of course).

I’d rather rot damage, for instance, remain a relative weakness but have relative strengths, too, in other regards —even if that means needing the occasional extra spot-heal above what others need— than to have classes feel increasingly same-y in how they provide that rough parity in total overall sustain (not necessarily for each affix or dungeon).

2 Likes

It fights that applies dots or stacked dots that have always killed me. I have used my racial ability more this expansion than ever.

BM especially suffers cause they do not befit from leech, so SB as a talent for allbthe specs would solve many problems. A constant passive healing can also help after a near death hit, and help healers with having to quickly top us off again.

2 Likes

Or, just fix BM’s Leech by letting overhealing from Leech transfer between pet and master. And possibly axe the bonus 50% effect from passives thereafter, unless giving MM and SV something equally strong (as 5% Leech, 5% Speed, or 2.5% Stamina) in turn.

1 Like

Since SV has the benefit of SB and Leech there’s no issue with giving all the specs same options.

SB should be an optional talent for Hunters, and SV could have their Mastery redesigned to benefit its design.

Mastery could increase the chance of resetting KC and increasing its damage.

1 Like

Before they removed Leech from Mend Pet, Hunters were still last for self healing but it was closer to other pure DPS ranged classes. After the nerf, ranged Hunters now have the worst self healing by a significant margin.

It boggles my mind that a healer gets leech from healing my pet, but I don’t. Mend Pet still takes a global and it’s a HoT, so not sure why they decided it needed to be nerfed. Not just nerfed, but nerfed with no compensation.

3 Likes

Many of these changes are from PvP, and players that cry about Hunters being too strong. Same as the change to Feign death no longer dispels magical effects cause DoT specs thought it was not fair we could wipe off all that building.

2 Likes

What’s 50% of your pet’s max HP? Is that a normal amount of healing to do in a global as a DPS class?

Just as importantly, do you want to have to Hunter’s Mark and then Mend Pet before each pull in case of incoming damage? Or, to spend a GCD per 10s on Mend Pet because your maximum self-healing per minute is based around that?

• Or would you rather that capacity be given in some other way, such as the extra healing per Exhilaration and/or the added maximum HP added since the loss of Mend Pet leech, buffs added to Feign Death or Disengage, shorter CDs on your defensives/Exhilaration, etc.?

There technically was (if still insufficient) compensation, but that would be the problem there. Middling-value maintenance gameplay based around unintended gimmicky behaviors, though, isn’t something I’d be sad to see lost otherwise.

I don’t understand what you’re asking here. Leech is a percentage of the healing you do. If you heal for 100k and have 10% Leech, you only heal for 10k. Self healing by using Mend Pet was never a massive amount of healing.

It was always a wonky way of self healing, but it was there if needed. Nobody was casting it on cooldown. It was something you would use when needed.

I would rather Leech heal us for damage our pets do. Leech became almost useless in Dragonflight, because pet damage went from about 45-50% of our damage to 70-75% of our damage.

What compensation would that be? They removed Leech from Mend Pet long before they gave us more health. And more health doesn’t help us recover from rot damage. It just makes the rot damage take a little longer to kill us.

Something taking longer to kill you gives you that much more time to be saved. You’re no less a tax on healer resources, but you are less often going to find yourself unavoidably dead once defenses run out.

Regardless, my point was that it was wonky AF and shouldn’t have been considered part of our sustain budget, not that we should be quite so vulnerable to rot as we were with neither compensation nor supportive “borrowed powers”.

Or, more simply put, if they wanted us to have an on-demand HoT, it probably shouldn’t require our pet to be alive (much like our Lust should be pet-dependent). I’m not therefore sad that it’s gone, even if I will continue to suggest ways to shore up our weaknesses without replacing our sustain profile our watering out our unique strengths (nullifying mechanics via feign and/or turtle, etc).

As for Leech, the simple solution is to allow excess Leech healing you or your pet generate to transfer to the other. I’m fine with still not collecting any healing from Exhilaration or Mend Pet healing our pet.