Hunter's can't be interrupted like casters?

Did I miss something? Hunters are the least played class in RBGs. And we are talking about nerfing them? You want to interrupt their one cast? It was already nerfed! We used to be able to move while casting Aimed Shot!

2 Likes

Just a little fantasy about why it’s called silence; I believe this stems from general rp stigma, or possible even DnD.

Copy pasted from forgotten realms.
Anyone who could fully duplicate the gestures and sounds required of each spell could use arcane magic. Manipulating the Weave could be done via magical writings, rune magic (though rune magic was more involved with divine magic), gem magic, circle magic, etc…

Basically, the verbal component, and hand gesture of spells, is a simple “tap” into a magical stream and shutting someones mouth, or kicking their hands, stops the process.

A way to justify school lockout, is that(cant find source) spells are generally something that isn’t memorized per say. they say the caster visualizes the magic weave as a combination of mathematical symbols, that flys into their conscious, it’s then utilized by using proper words and gestures, and as soon as the spell flys out, the thought process/memory of the weave instantly flys out of the conscious. This is why wizards in other games study constantly, and why they have a spell book. Only sorcerers(who’s magic ability is inhereted and happens reactively instead of proactively; Sorcerers are born from races cross breeding with magical beings; like dragons. Or, a sorcerer could be born by being born near a heavy influx of magic nearby that seeped into the womb. etc etc.) get away from spell books. If the wizard doesn’t have his spell book he is a simple commoner that is an easy kill. This is why in dnd games wizards can become very pissed off and threaten your life if you spill your coffee on his book.

I know this doesn’t directly relate to wow, but a lot of games rely on these old systems from 80’s and don’t even realize it. I’m sure magic is better explained directly to wow somewhere in a book or website.

sure you can shut the hunter up from talking for 5 seconds, but he can still pew pew that bow, and kicking his bow is just going to make him question your tactics.

I tried explaining this earlier as well. Hunters don’t use abilities that are spells, so they can’t be interrupted or silenced. Unfortunately, I don’t believe OP actually cares about the mechanics, he just really doesn’t like hunters.

2 Likes

^ This, hunters are fairly weak in PVP right now, so anyone asking for a nerf to them is probably playing only random bgs, ran into 1 good hunter, or is just really bad at PVP.

3 Likes

Going to assume you are talking about aimed shot, because the rest of a hunter’s kit doesn’t even make sense to interrupt. You mentioned arcane mage…

Based on how shadowmeld works, I am certain that greater invis would interrupt an aimed shot. You also have poly to control the game before aimed shot even comes out.

Then you’ve also got to think of how many other classes have ways to interrupt that cast. You could go fire and DB it. Or Bring virtually any other class and you could stun, blind, incap, fear…

many classes have at least one instant cast version of those types of CCs that would all act as an interrupt.

These posts where one spec complains about another individual spec all feel kind of pointless. No single class should ever be able to kill all other specs when you look at it 1v1. Don’t you want your class to feel unique??

More disarms wouldn’t work and you say line of sight works followed immediately by explaining why line of sight does not work. I did not need you to weigh in.

If you actually read it, I said line of sight does work if you don’t stand in it. Basically, don’t be a muppet. Also, I will weigh in, since apparently no one on the forums outside of hunters understands how easy it is to counter Hunter, and any post asking for nerfs is doing so while uninformed.

No you said line of sight doesn’t work during resonating arrow. The effect also lasts for several seconds after you leave the area.

God hunters are the worst. You can read back to them their own words and they’re still like “NOPE DIDNT SAY THAT”

Most classes have things that are annoying to other classes, but I can’t really say anything if you are having a problem with hunters. Maybe you aren’t using all of the tools at your disposal, because hunters are one of the least scary classes to come up against.

In a game that now hands everyone everything for…literally almost doing nothing,
its hilarious after all these years seeing people complain about hunters.

Literally the best way to describe hunters.

If you’re complaining about hunters, i’d say thats your own issue. Hunters are well-known to be the weakest class in PVP, and most dps specs can heal themselves faster than a hunter can kill them. If you’re having trouble with them, I think that just means you suck.

1 Like

Mages tend to be up there

Rogues too

1 Like

Hunters most of all

This shows you’ve never actually played hunter at a competitive level.

4 Likes

Wouldn’t want to. The class looks unpleasant af. I hate micromanaging pets in this game. I hate instant cc.

Hunters are great at being annoying and taking too long to die.

I’m surprised you don’t complain about rogues then. If you tried it out, maybe you’d understand the skill required for the class and also learn how not to suck at dealing with them.

Hunter’s literally have the least survivability in the game. If anything, Resto druids take too long to die, get a penalty for switching to bear form while not in Guardian spec plz.

3 Likes