Hunter's can't be interrupted like casters?

Why not? Exactly what is the pvp philosophy on why I can’t counter or silence anything a hunter casts yet everything my arcane mage casts is easily counterable?

Why not put hunter shots under the arcane school of magic like arcane mages? Seems pretty fair to me…

4 Likes

You can disarm them.

8 Likes

And exactly how many classes actually have a disarm?

And exactly how many counters do I have to put up with as arcane compared to only a disarm for hunters?

Seriously, time to put them in the arcane magic category. I’d like to have a small chance at beating one.

2 Likes

disarm isnt comparable to interrupt.

7 Likes

And why not? Seems like you can easily compare each hunter shot with an arcane mages spells. Only difference is the hunter has much fewer ways to be interrupted.

Hunters feel a bit silly to fight right now
You can kite melee, you can interrupt casters
Hunter you just take it
It feels like there isn’t really much you can do to him, he’s just going to play his game in a vacuum

1 Like

“just line of sight it”

Oh truetruetruetrue
I will probably kite the pets too

1 Like

was line of sight removed from the game or…?

2 Likes

Used to be they had a minimum range to shoot. Couldn’t just stand there and Aimed Shot you to the face when you are stabbing them. I would suggest bringing that back before making them interruptable.

Hunter dead zone hasn’t been in the game since Cata, roughly 10 years ago, so no way it’s coming back.

I’ve been feeling this a lot. Between the pets and the only way to stop the damage being stuns, it feels bad to play against.

They just absolutely dominate all non max level BGS

1 Like

You’re right, it’s worse… Being disarmed prevents nearly all actions… Interrupt just prevents that school.

Kicking aimed shot would mean nothing when you’re just gonna get pelted with arcane shots… Disarm stops both.

2 Likes

Hunter weakness had been dot rot damage for years, but they can easily deal with this now with the pvp talent, so that talent is what should probably be removed.

2 Likes

Most hunters I come across just end up doing the turtle shell thing and running away. No big deal to me.

1 for 1 i would agree with you. but the abundance of interrupts vs the very small amount of disarms means interrupts are way way worse.

every melee and caster has AT LEAST 1 interrupt. some melee have multiple. some have as short a cd as 12seconds.

1 Like

So much this…

I don’t mind having an anti-class as an arcane mage, but I highly doubt the pvp devs thought it was such a great idea to make the fight so lopsided. I have literally zero chance versus any competent hunter, especially a beast master. I can’t interrupt them. He has a snare that can be spammed like me which means I have only a small chance of escaping. Oh, and he also has a pet stun on top of it.

/boggle

Can this please be addressed in patch 9.1? Something? Anything? All those arcane changes won’t help if I can’t cast a spell.

i have 100% asking for this since they removed deadzone. its never going to happen :frowning:

They’re certainly more common, I’ll give you that. Most disarm mechanics have been bled out except for like… Disarm, Grapple Weapon, Outlaw Disarm, and Druid-Disarm…

But it does really, really suck being disarmed.

it sucks worse when youre getting you teeth kicked in trying to juke an interrupt by double melee.

2 Likes