Hunter's can't be interrupted like casters?

Maybe kill him? You guys are real scrubs if hunters are your main pitfall in Shadowlands pvp.

7 Likes

Interrupts are for magic casts. Disarms are the interrupt for physical attacks. Hunter spells, even though they are ranged, are physical damage. It’s the same reason a mage can still cast even if you disarm them.

Hunters shouldn’t have lost mana imo. It makes no sense to give them an ability called arcane shot.

You used to be able to cs them when they had a mana pool.

It sounds like someone got a dose of double tap.

2 Likes

Hunters aren’t even an issue. Just watch for their highly scripted burst, press a defensive and laugh at him. Unless it’s a bm then you just kill the pet.

1 Like

You can’t interrupt hunters BECAUSE they aren’t casters. Interrupts and Silences specifically only work on spells, and since very few hunter abilities are designated as spells (they do physical damage primarily,) they are essentially immune to Ints/Silences. A hunter is intended as a counter to cloth classes/rogues, while plate classes counter hunter (due to high armor mitigating most of the damage.) Disarm is effectively the Interrupt equivalent for countering hunters, altho only Warriors and Monks have it. Also, Hunter is the weakest class in PVP at the moment anyway, if we’re speaking in a 1v1. If you’re a mage right now, you probably have the triple shield, and a hunter can only dispel one of them. Not only that, you should have Ice Block, which the hunter can’t dispel, and you should have the talent/conduit/whatever that heals you to like 50% when using it. Then, you have Cauterize on top of that. The Hunter has a single 30% heal, and a Turtle. I think it’s pretty clear who has the advantage, despite how the classes and their counters were originally designed.

7 Likes

tons of hunter damage is magic damage, arcane, nature, shadow i think?

LOL, funny you say that especially in Epics they always kill my pet. My alt. is BM and I would rather they kill me than my pet cause it takes so long to revive.

Physical “attack” probably a better way to say it. Using a weapon vs wiggling your fingers.

The point wasn’t whether it was a physical attack or a magic attack. Whatever the case is, we need more ways to interrupt hunters just like casters can be interrupted by everything but a disarm. And disarms are not as common which has been pointed out numerous times.

But what would you possibly interrupt? BM Hunters have 0 offensive spells with a cast time, so even if physical abilities were interruptible, there would still be nothing to interrupt. You’re missing the point of how classes are designed if you’re comparing a hunter to a caster. A hunter is essentially a melee class that uses physical damage abilities from a range and also acts as a support class. The fact that you haven’t considered how the game balance and mechanics work shows you’ve made a kneejerk reaction to what is considered the weakest class in PVP because you got beat by one and think its a little unfair.

5 Likes

BRING BACK HUNTER DEAD ZONE!

Why is this thing asking me if my post is a complete sentence? Blizz have Grammar Police now?

2 Likes

Rofl no dead zone was trash

3 Likes

Hunters are actually pretty weak. There’s a reason they’re one of the least-represented classes in rated PVP.

Only one of the two specs actually has more than 1 heal (Survival’s bandage, and I can only really do that in a turtle or if I reset) and even with Craven being a thing, a good Hunter WON’T craven unless they see a high priority debuff on them (mindgames, flayed shot, final reckoning, etc.). Bad hunters feign the second they take any form of dot damage, so abuse that fact as you will.

Hunters are incredibly squishy, and pets die if you so much as sneeze on them. Train the pet if they’re BM, look for the 120 focus pet to know which one’s real. Purge the mend pet/spirit mend if it’s running a spirit beast for God knows what reason, since that means they lose MS.

If you’re complaining about MM hunter, that is arguably the worst of the 3 hunter specs because of how choreographed its burst is. Disarm it, stun it, disorient it, and it then proceeds to do zero damage. It’s not a well-designed specialization.

1 Like

i agree that hunters arent a very strong PVP class atm. i dont think thats being discussed here. no one is really saying “hunter is too stronk, we need nerfs” because its not, and it doesnt.

but mechanically, its been a poorly designed class for ages. at the barest bones of the class, its not sound. and i could be crazy, but i think that contributes more to hunters being weak than just straight too little damage or too little survivability.

I would not advocate for hunter nerfs, in fact, i would probably want them buffed. But i really do think that there needs to be an established way to interrupt hunter damage. Not necessarily spell lock them, not necessarily kite them, but something. Currently, not even line of sight works against hunters which is probably the most egregious violation of this.

IF disarm is the solution you want to go with, then fine, but give 1-2 disarms on short cooldowns to every class and we’ll test how that plays. (i dont think it would play well, but if thats your input, okay)

1 Like

omg the melee tears that would flow from that haha

2 Likes

More disarms would only work if you could also have a way to skillfully negate it. Also, line of sight does work, but a lot of PVP hunters still run Resonating Arrow, which lets them not need line of sight if you’re standing in it. Frankly, i’d like BM Hunter to return to the emphasis on pets that it had in Legion, but from what i’ve heard, BM in Legion PVP was TOO strong and didn’t need LOS, only pets to hound your ankles. Personally, I just wish we had more ways to combat tanks and healers in PVP, because that seems to be our biggest weakness at the moment.

Every rogue spec is now getting a disarm. So yes, the disarms are coming. I’m not sure if other classes are getting them.

Warrior and boomkin also have a disarm

Dunno why rogues are getting 1 considering the amount of bs they have already

2 Likes

Outlaw already had a disarm, and its just being made class wide. However, what you’ll find is that rogues already have better options, so they aren’t going to take a disarm to counter a class that isn’t a threat to them unless you’re just really, really bad.

1 Like