Hunters can you please stop rolling on rare swords

still need

1 Like

Don’t join a group with hunters. Problem solved.

3 Likes

Honestly I avoid hunter since 2005.
They are usually not… how do I say this… well not excellent players.
90% of the un-needed wipes I remember was bc a hunter used multi shot.

Kinda hard to dictate groups when your not heals or tank… Literally looked a lot yesterday and hardly saw Jed/Rend runs being done so when I finally found a group I was happy. Never even crossed my mind hunter would roll on swords if they dropped to be honest.

I really was only planning to try and get damn true strike shoulders, which is what I figured hunter was after. I have still yet to see those damn things drop. MH of Dal rends would have just been icing on the cake. Literally our first run we had tank warrior who said he didn’t need swords, 1 dps warrior, me, and 1 other rogue (at least in my mind). No sword drops. Next run other dps warrior bails. So in my mind it’s literally just me verse this other rogue … which is insane odds usually there’s like 5-6 dps warriors or rogues going for it lol.

And the damn thing drops. Other rogue rolls like a 20… I roll an 80? and hunter rolls like a 90 lol… :frowning:

I was waiting for this brilliant point. Game will change with chants.

Stat sticking is fine if you ask me. Pally needs cloth sometimes…Druid needs two sets…we all need pvp set…alt needs Malachite (best post ever on that last one)

Funny thing is:

huntards gonna huntard

Are we not used to this?

I’m gonna start rolling on rare/godly bows/guns/crossbows on my warrior. Cause I need em as much as you need the melee weapons.

1 Like

Could be…wild a$s guess…an improvement over their quest weapon, or trash drop weapon. I would have passed or asked or explained before roll but im weird.

I have a bias only because hunter is my next 60 project :p. Already seeing what awaits :o

As default, melee has priority on Melee weapons. Range has priority on Range Weapons. You dont expect us Hunters to roll Need on Melee Weapons. And we dont expect melee to roll need on Range Weapons.

But sometimes, I may need 1 melee item in a dungeon as a Hunter. I usually declare it at the beginning of the dungeon run. If I didnt declare it at the beginning, it means I agree with the default… melee weapons are for melee, range weapons are for range. Melee too has to declare at the beginning if they would roll Need on Range weapon.

BTW, Zinrokh, Destroyer of Worlds is a Hunter weapon. It’s written all over it… it says “Hunter’s”. LOL.

3 Likes

Warrior tanks have the rather unique ability of being the most needed class and mostly having gear very few others can wear. In short, play with Warlocks, Mages, Priests, and Rogues. If you’re playing as a dps warrior, I don’t feel bad for you. You’re taking everyone elses gear for the most part anyway, so all is fair.

1 Like

Do you have the UBRS key? i don’t have it as I’m only level 52, but have a solid group of friends around my level and we plan on doing the required stuff to not rely on other people to enter the instance.

I wouldn’t imagine it being very difficult to create your own farm group if you have the key to get in.

Hunters can pick up a one gander with 20 app and 12 agi forgot the dungeons name not unique. Low dps for melee attacks.

Or you grab DM-N two hander.

Last i checked its not against the rules for hunters to use swords.

2 Likes

Rogues, can you stop rolling for hunter weapons.

7 Likes

No. Hunters deserve gear as well. Karma is the thing you need to worry about if you are losing all the time.

2 Likes

Problem is a ton of BiS lists say Dal’Rends are the best option. I’ve seen some that just straight out say they’re best and some that just list best dual wield right next to best 2h but don’t bother to explain that the 2h is preferred for now.

4 Likes

Barbarous Blade. Barbarous Blade is what awaits. It’s an excellent weapon, and no one will get pissy at you for taking it.

2 Likes

In Vanilla both my guild’s first Zinrokh and Ashkandi went to hunters. No one had an issue with it.

I thought about rolling a hunter to troll rogues rolling on their weapons but it really is more satisfying watching them beat themselves to death on my Voidwalker shields.

1 Like

just delete hunters imo

Hunters with melee weapons are very similar to warriors with ranged ones:

They are stat sticks that you occasionally use for damage.

1 Like