Hunters can you please stop rolling on rare swords

I get it… I am a stranger in a pug. You… for some unknown reason believe you need the best of the best swords. But let’s be honest… if you are using swords more than your ranged weapon… you are just really damn bad at hunter and should probably reroll.

You do not need Dal’rend’s swords… Main Hand or Off hand… crazy I know… but you don’t need them. I (rogue) and warriors however do need them. We need them badly. We need all really good swords badly. Yet… for some unknown reason we lose these items a lot to hunters. The Roll Gods are truly evil when it comes to rolling against hunters. Must be some roll passive I don’t know about the class has.

PLEASE STOP BEING Huntards & start being hunters.

41 Likes

Hunter pets lose hate and its quite often you find yourself meleeing. Especially if you are questing solo. You need a decent melee weapon.

14 Likes

Then warriors, need on a best hunter weapon.

25 Likes

Warriors and Rogues need on Blackcrow without any hesitation.

I personally don’t care because I understand it’s also bis for them, but let’s not pretend like Hunters are the only ones taking main hand weapons for stat sticks.

46 Likes

Stop taking hunters to your runs?

21 Likes

I’m with you on this one. If it’s anything more than a stat stick to a hunter it should be a 2 hander anyways.

Just like ranged weapons with stats getting needed over hunters by melee, it makes me sad.

2 Likes

If Warriors and Rouges are needing on Blackcrow over a Hunter as of 10/15/2019 they’re bad players who don’t understand stat weights.

If Hunters are needing on Dal 'Rends over a Warrior or Rogue as of 10/15/2019 they’re bad players who don’t understand stat weights.

Diremaul opened up new options for everyone.

11 Likes

I’m assuming that OP is talking about previous runs before DM came out. I was using the strat polearm until barb blade dropped for me this morning.

To play devil’s advocate, it looks like sacred charge gives a bonus 1% crit chance which is kind of our best stat so I guess I see why they needed on it. Personally I wouldn’t need on it unless a warrior or rogue in the group didn’t need it. Dick move if someone needs it but I can see why they needed on it.

4 Likes

There’s literally no reason to use dual Rends over Barbarous Blade. Using both weapons, you get 1 crit, 50 AP.

Using Barb you get 1 crit, 60 AP.

Neither the +15 agi or +25 agi enchants are available yet, nor will they be for a loooong time, so even the argument that dual wield gives you a net +5 agi increase (despite the -10 base AP) is kind of moot.

5 Likes

I totally agree with you. Until enchants come out, there’s no reason to even look at dual rends. And even when enchants do release, it’s such a minor gain that it wouldn’t be worth it to take them from a melee class.

2 Likes

Sorry I mean specifically the sacred charge. The other weapon is doo doo for hunters. And I agree the set bonus wouldn’t be worth it.

Take a note from this man, fellas.

I understand. My point is that there is absolutely no reason to even consider using one of those weapons without the other.

And if you’re agreeing that even the set bonus isn’t worth it (which is true), then there’s never a good reason for a Hunter to roll on either one of those swords over a Warrior or Rogue who desperately need good 1h options pre-raid when Hunters can just get a Barb blade and be done with it.

1 Like

it’s tough business being a hunter, they really do need good melee weapons and on top of that they can’t totally skip int either … hunters pretty much piss everyone off lootwise. it sucks. and top pvp spec goes into the survival tree a little and they need some strength too. hell I knew a hunter that stacked int and +spell/arcane damage for spamming arcane shot.

it never bloody ends,

5 Likes

I’m just trying to make sense of why a hunter may be needing on it. Which I’m assuming they see 1% crit and 50 ap after a set bonus.

I’ll go ahead and throw my hat in the ring… I won’t roll on Blackcrow (because I can easily farm Satyr’s) if you won’t roll on Dal Rend (because you can easily farm numerous other melees)

To be fair to all those who posted I 100% know this is not just hunters that do this and there are a lot of Grey areas. People bringing up blackcrow, which technically was BiS for Rogues until DM release but obviously Rogues don’t need that crossbow over hunters. I personally always check on something like that and see who is in my group and won’t need it over a class that could use it more.

Unsure why this hunter want Dal Rends. I know one of my guildmates lost MH to a hunter as well lol which inspired the post. Just sucks we had (can’t remember the name) a nice epic sword drop in MC too when we still needed some pug players and hunter won it. Don’t think Raid leader realized it was a hunter until after he handed it out. Hunter wasn’t even in guild so just gave a nice sword to some random PUG hunter lol. Dude also wont T2 pants… meanwhile I am sitting here with like 8 rogues in my raids and haven’t wont 1 piece of MC gear yet.

Sigh. Rogue life baby. Still loving the class though so I really can’t complain. Just realllllyyyy wish I got my Dal Rends MH yesterday as I have had the OH for awhile. :frowning:

1 Like

Yeah, but they still need it less than a rogue or a warrior.

huntar wep

1 Like