Hunters can you please stop rolling on rare swords

You can get one of those crit axes and spare your local warrior some anguish

Well tbh.

Hunter worth their salt should be using Warmonger and Cspine Xbow. These are the absolute prebis. Rolling on dal rends is truly a huntard move.

Accurascope is not in the game so you won’t get to hit cap without WM or a ton of MC gear.

All these guys saying they won’t run with hunters makes me sad though. I will top dps, never pull aggro, CC anything you want, and can kite and pet offtank as needed. Bring me :).

5 Likes

With an entitlement the size of yours … well, 'nuff said.

Also, you’re a rogue, USE DAGGERS!

3 Likes

To be fair, there is plenty of Rogtards and Wartards, not saying there isnt Huntards… Classic is about the social experience, and since start i havent had one loot drama yet, do your self a favour talk to the people you play with…

2 Likes

Range slot was the very last slot I got an epic peice for on my vanilla warrior. Had to wait in line behind every hunter before I could even be considered for one.

those are both bis for hunter.

Except it’s not very similar at all, because ranged weapons have tiny stat budgets, whereas melee weapons have the largest stat budget of any item slot.

So the stats on a melee weapon mean way more to a hunter than the stats on a ranged weapon mean to a rogue or warrior.

The issue is, as always, warriors and rogues have always felt that if they can equip it, then nobody else can roll on it.

2 Likes

it is now, as of tuesday

But… isn’t everything a Hunter weapon in Classic?

1 Like

I have the Barbarous Blade from DM, it’s a nifty 2h sword. I like it. You can keep your one handers, don’t need em anymore, thank goodness since the drop rate is horrible eyes Rend :slight_smile:

Hunters in Classic/Vanilla actually have melee specials & talent tree devoted to some mixed range & melee fun. They also can’t use their bow in closer combat situations. Warriors don’t even have auto-shot capabilities with their range weapon, let alone specials. With that said, I don’t care what you roll on in PUGs. I will roll my dice & either win or lose & move on - but I won’t be a big crybaby when I lose a roll, because I know that I had a fair, equal chance to win it myself. Players are all out there trying to better equip their characters via +stats & such, without going down the slippery slope of what class can use that item 1.7465% better than another. Don’t do PUGs if you don’t want to play fair & have fair, equal rolls.

3 Likes

They really aren’t. Barbarous Blade trumps them. If you feel this isn’t true, please explain why.

FYI Hunters can use any weapon in the game except for wands and maces. All fair game.

1 Like

they are, someone did the maths, Dal rends beats out the barb. the only things better without raiding are the spear from iselien and the IBS, both not in the game yet.

And a nicer raptor strike crit!

2 Likes

Lol? What math? You mean if you’re talking about melee damage as straight melee swings? Why on earth would you ever use a clearly sub-optimal scenario as an example for why you would want them.

If you’re talking about in pure stats, then no, you don’t need any math to see that’s not true, you just need to know how to count:

Dal’Rends:
1% Crit, 50 AP

Barbarous Blade:
1% Crit, 60 AP

Please explain how the former is better than the latter?

5 Likes

those stats aren’t the only thing that matters.

Are you being intentionally vague?

“Someone did the maths”
“those stats aren’t the only thing that matters”

Cool, care to extrapolate? Maybe I’ll learn something.

3 Likes

For one thing you can use double mana oil if you are dual wielding.

or you won’t and you’ll just continue to argue. even when hunters go for the barb, ret pallies and arms warriors still have a fit. there is no winning.