Hunter ever an issue finding groups?

In the past I just summon for the boss fight. Then immediately after the boss fight I dismiss. It’s not a huge loss to the overall dungeon that way.

1 Like

So, several things here. First, Dismiss is a 3s cast, so 3 GCDs total. Second, Lone Wolf isn’t an instant 10%, you get 1% damage done every 2 seconds for 20 seconds before it caps out. So you’ve burned 4.5s of zero DPS and 20 seconds of sub-par DPS if you summon -> Lust -> dismiss.

Really, if you’re going to summon a pet to Lust, you leave that sucker out for the rest of the fight. It’s too significant of a DPS loss to dismiss it once it is out.

That said, it’s only a very small DPS loss to have a pet out for MM anyway, so if your group needs Lust, whip out that pet and provide it. You need to have a pet out for magic and enrage cleansing anyway, at least until SL gives us back Tranq Shot.

1 Like

Thats rather obvious, but he/she doesnt want to have a pet at all.
And It is only a gcd loss if you don’t have pull timer. Could easily do it before the fight starts.

I have to disagree on pet swapping being a problem in dungeons. It’s not something you do frivolously but you figure out how to time it when you need it and when it doesn’t affect the group, even in M+ keys where the group is all “go-go-go”.

The only time its a problem is when the group decides to not use lust for a specific boss, but then mid-fight they change their mind.

1 Like

Even then it’s not really a problem, it’s only one GCD (and lust is on the GCD for other classes anyway).

Anyway, my point wasn’t that pet swapping is a problem, just that once you have a pet out, you keep it out for the rest of the fight. The minor DPS gain is overwhelmingly overruled by the loss from Dismiss cast time and Lone Wolf ramp.

I earned keystone master with my bm hunter almost entirely with pugs. Very easy to get into groups. Learn the mythic keys and you wont have a single issue

Fixed to what you should’ve said.

1 Like

I’m MM too, and I still run a pet if we don’t have heroism.

Ooh look, I potentially lose 1% dps to bring utility.

Our one BM hunter outright refuses to run a ferocity pet period. he wants his spirit beast for the heal.

1 Like

Also rather silly, but at least more justifiable than MM, imo. Spirit Mend is insanely strong right now, healing for ~25-30% of my hunter’s HP (those few times I go BM). Having a free off-the-GCD Exhilarate every 30s, even targetable on allies, is really strong.

Spirit Mend is being nerfed by 2/3rds in SL, though, so that’s less of a thing.

Taking applications for that group of players you are forming?