Hunter Chat Thread and Lounge

Oh!! You mean like how I had to talent for True Shot Aura and manage the Tranq shot rotations in Classic.

I get it now. Need X number of hunters for this and you get “encouraged “ to talent for buffs for the raid group.

Thank you.

I have a party-wide automatic Buff through my Venthyr conduits.
A small shield, about 4k, applied to all allies.

Yup. I think you’d asked me about what I’d wanted from a take on Survival as a “big brain” guerilla warfare stealthy-ish hunter that wasn’t necessarily all about munitions and explosives. (I think I’d given the analogy of the theme from WC2 era Alleria when in the Swamp of Sorrows behind enemy lines, outnumbered and with no possibility of reinforcements, etc.?)

It was long. Then it was way too long. And then it was gone.

Ah that one.

My bad btw! I meant to get back to that reply but it slipped my mind :confused:

Oh I didn’t mean it was a long wait or anything. I meant my post; it never made it past the (absurdly long) draft state.

Eh, maybe I’ll revisit it sometime soonish. Just feels a little off, what with it not even being the Survival I’d most aim for (just a take on where I thought it’d go, way back when), SV’s base minor kit and playflow issues are once again dismissed with just some number-tuning, MM still having very little legendary choice and some fairly dead talents, so on and so forth.

Thank god for that.

So, summer is definitely here.

I’ve always liked summer the best — and it wasn’t just the “no school” angle, but I genuinely love the heat.

Now the thing is, I moved to a city 5 hours north of my hometown. My hometown is at the bottom of a hot and dry valley, whereas my new city is nestled in between mountains.

In other words: it’s cold here. And windy… and it rains so much!

(Literally 6 times more rain than my hometown!)

But, apparently the new city is having a highly unusual heat wave this year.

The past couple weeks it’s been hovering in the 90s, hitting 100 degrees at least once (and will a few times next week).

For context, a normal summer in my hometown sees between 105 to 115 degrees for days and days in a row.

So! Due to this heat wave, I’ve been perfectly happy and comfortable.

My coworkers… aren’t.

They keep blaming me for bringing the heat up to them.

I say they just can’t handle it when things get too hot. :rofl:

1 Like

My RL in WoTLK hated me and another hunter friend, because once we had a boss on farm he and I would play “threat roulette” where would MD to the other and try to out-DPS the other with the hopes of killing them. Good times…

2 Likes

What is wrong with you?! That sounds awful. If I was your neighbor, I’d throw your @ss of the mountain to bring the cooler weather in a heartbeat. Lol

2 Likes

Haha! We can trade, then! :grin:

My dad’s a Viking from Minnesota. His idea of a perfect day is in the 60s range.

My mom, on the other hand, is a born-and-raised Los Angeles girl. She freezes whether it dips below 80 degrees.

(As Mom once put it, “under 100 degrees is still sweater weather.”)

I’ll give you one hint on which parent I take after.

Hint: I was born in the same city as my mother.

Edited to fix typos. Dumb new phone autocorrect.

2 Likes

Well I’m glad you’re enjoying the heat at least!

I can hang with the heat, but I’m the opposite and prefer the cold, and I especially love rain (it helps me fall asleep and is just pretty).

My line of thinking is that in the cold, I can always put on more layers. I can even make a fashion statement with it if I really want to! I can even drink hot soup or tea to keep warm!

While I can always add more layers for the cold, I can only take off so many for the heat. And really, I’m limited to how much I can take off anyway before I start getting strange looks!

I miss Distracting Shot, loved pulling bosses to myself xD. Sounds pretty fun though!

2 Likes

Back in WotLK and Cata, I used to get permission (regularly) from the main guild healer to cast MD on our guild leader — who played cloth classes — to try to get him killed.

The guild healer’s husband happened to be the main tank, so she and I saw it as a fun way to keep him on his toes.

It annoyed the both of them quite a bit. :joy:

Don’t get me wrong. I love rain! You should google/YouTube how crazy the Valley folks get when it rains, since it’s such a rare occasion. (My hometown gets between 5 to 8 inches rain a year.)

But! I’m just not used to getting more than 10 inches of annual rainfall, let alone 35-plus inches! It seriously boggles my mind.

This is actually one of the main reasons why I hate the cold.

I detest wearing long sleeves. It drives me up the wall whenever I’m signing, and the fabric bundles up in my elbows, and slip past my wrists onto my palms — I’m always having to readjust them when I’m talking! And honestly, I just REALLY don’t like the feel of fabric on my arms.

I’m an oddball, I know.

Hence, I’m happier when I can wear t-shirts and shorts instead of long-sleeved clothes.

Oh, and I hate wearing multiple layers. The feel of weight… pressure… makes me bonkers!

I swear that otherwise I’m a pretty lax and chill person. I only have a very few pet peeves… they just happen to be big pet peeves. :sweat_smile:

Psh, I do that any time I want. I eat soup regularly, no matter the temperature.

My family thinks I’m crazy, but there you go.

1 Like

Well of course you do. You’re a heathen who like 100 degree weather xD.

I don’t think that’s that odd at all. I have my own oddities on a part of being autistic. To me, I think the extra weight somehow feels comforting. But I will not (as I absolutely detest them) wear rain jackets. The material they are made out when it moves sounds like nails on a chalk board.

To me, it’s physically painful and drives me irrationally upset wearing them lol. So I don’t.

One of mine is I will not tolerate sweet tea. I love love love iced tea. But I won’t drink it if there is sugar / sweetener in it.

And being technically in the south, it is common for tea to just come sweet. I have to ask for unsweetened tea (which annoys me, that’s not even a word!) or I invariably will get tea that I cannot stand lol.

2 Likes

I believe that both of you would test the limits of my medication. Lol.

Teasing

2 Likes

I’ve never understood why people would intentionally limit themselves from eating delicious and wonderful food during certain times of the year.

Like, no soup from late spring to early fall!? Oh my goodness.

And I have friends and family who say no to ice cream during winter.

THAT is crazy, in my belief.

Hm. Does it bother you when other people wear them, or are you unable to hear them? I’m asking, because I don’t understand how sound work. Lol.

(I DO know how sound waves work, but it doesn’t mean I understand what’s loud and what’s quiet and what not.)

You sound like my mom. She hates sweetened iced tea too.

Awww, but we’re such nice folks!

And we’re cool, too. :sunglasses:

2 Likes

My better half gets on me for wearing three layers of cloths including a hoody and having the space heater going when its 85 outside.

There have been a couple of times this year already were she has the air conditioning going in one area of the house when I have my heater on elsewhere.

3 Likes

I’m mostly the same, actually. I can take minute amounts without complaint, but with any more than that it tastes more medicine than beverage.

2 Likes

To be fair, I still will have it from time to time. But it’s not exactly appealing eating something that feels hot going in when it’s already hot outside. It’s like asking myself “do I want to be even more hot?”

And the answer is usually no lol.

So, I’m really an oddball. I sometimes have sensory issues in that things can either feel more extreme or dulled depending on the day for me. While objectively something might be the same sound level for instance, how I perceive it can vary day to day.

But for rain jackets in particular, I hate when other people are wearing them too. They just bother me.

Turn on captions for yourself. Little comedy bit I discovered years ago that speaks to me on a spiritual level concerning tea lol.

We are!

Stretching it there! :stuck_out_tongue:

To be fair, I agree with your better half. Turn the space heater off!

Yep, my thoughts exactly. I just can’t deal with it.

1 Like

You are all very nice and have been very helpful. I was just teasing about your particular peeves.

TBH I’m very particular about things being put away and organized. If the whole world is in chaos but my little corner is all squared away, then I have a safe spot and I can face the world. Lol.

And anyone who doesn’t think ice cream is a year round pleasure…I don’t think we could be friends. That’s just a painful thought. Lol

1 Like

Science has proven there is a second stomach that is reserved for ice cream, facts be facts!

3 Likes