Hunter Chat Thread and Lounge

Hey guys, I figured with these boards being filled with multiple topics that quickly become heated and contentious, it would be fun to bring back an old staple that has long been missing from the hunter section.

This thread is here for you to post in, chat and get to know your fellow hunter posters, and just generally have a good time! Excited about something going on in game or outside of the game? Have some good jokes you want to share? Just wanna chat with others? Post here!

With that said, I guess the starting topic should be about mother’s day. Do you have any plans for mother’s day? I just got back home from visiting my mother today, and tomorrow I plan to visit my grandmother.

4 Likes

Eh not really, been looking for a new game but they all seem kinda bland. Everything is either CoD, WoW, LoL, or some other version of a popular game. :frowning:

Well my mom is working today so can’t really give her anything personally, but I did buy her a little spa thing for her feet.

1 Like

I’m in a similar boat. While not looking to leave WoW at the moment, I’m thinking of trying out the final Fantasy MMO. I have a couple friends who play it. Have a couple games on my switch I enjoy, but only so many times I can beat Fire Emblem before it gets old.

That’s nice! My brother and I got haircuts together and went to a local park together. His wife took pictures of us and we had them framed for mom.

I tried it at one point, just didn’t quite hit the spot that WoW does…

Damn sounds like a nice time, bet she’s gonna love the picture :smiley:

1 Like

I’ll have to try it for myself, I have similar suspicions about how I’ll feel. Having IRL friends who play it already will certainly help though!

She loved it when we visited today! I’m sure your mom will enjoy the spa treatment for her feet too :slight_smile:

Fun times~ :blush:

Originally, my mom were gonna visit me for the weekend, but we had to postpone to the next weekend when her oldest brother got sick.

My uncle’s fine now. Had surgery on his gallbladder, and he’s back home. My mom will be dropping off her other brother.

(My mom’s got two big brothers. The middle one is disabled — long story there — so he can’t live alone. He’s been living with the eldest brother. But when Uncle E got sick, Mom had to go get Uncle B and keep him with her.)

Oh, and I forgot.

I’m excited that I’ve got only 24 more school days to go! I love summer. :grin:

(Granted, I’m teaching summer school but summer school is easy and only 3 weeks.)

Actually, I started SL a little differently this time than most expansions. I usually have Horde and Alliance Alts to share crafting supplies and be self sufficient to make gold for mounts and try to get several moderately geared. Then I work in achievements and rare hunting much later in the game.

This time around, just playing my Hunter for casual raiding (9/10H) and started right away on achievements and rares and mounts. It’s much easier to do this from the beginning and I don’t know how I was so short sighted. So many things can be done while doing world quests and such but you have to pay attention.

I’ve also started a list for old mounts and achievements I haven’t done and I’m slowly working my way through. So instead of doing the same dailies on multiple characters, I’m doing old and current content on just one. I’m in different zones and sometimes raid or dungeon stuff and sometimes out in the open world. I also like the challenge of some of it.

I like finishing things and checking off lists and such. It gives me a sense of control over a few small things which makes it easier to deal with the million other things that you can’t control. Lol. Yes, I am weird.

4 Likes

Too bad your profile is hidden. I would’ve liked to see your pet and mount collection. The amount of achievement points you’ve got tells me that you have some real gems in there! :slightly_smiling_face:

(But I understand your desire for privacy!)

I don’t even remember setting the privacy that way. I’m sure I had a good reason at the time. Lol. I think I fixed it. I don’t see why I would care who sees my mounts or pets.

There’s a big block of missing things from last year when I played Classic so I have to go back and get those done eventually. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I just looked through your mount collection. :grin:

You have a VERY impressive collection! I’m in awe of your patience and persistence — I can’t bear to do all that grinding and farming.

Thank you for letting us check out your collection!

1 Like

Them 9.1 legos have caught my interest.

Still want some AoE scaling on DC and FS, though…

2 Likes

I’m glad your uncle is doing alright, Water :>

I’m so looking forward to summer this year. I just want to relax and enjoy myself outdoors some. Really looking forward to the renaissance festival this year.

Doesn’t sound too weird to me at all, actually. Sounds like a solid plan to me :> Also, you have a lot of mounts!

I would love that for DC and FS. It’s frustrating that neither have anything for AOE.

1 Like

I’m excited to play Mass Effect Legendary edition.

2 Likes

Thanks. I’ve a long way to still go but I’m pleased with my progress.

I think the best part is learning to solo some of the harder ones at first. I was so excited when I figured out FAMU and the warlord with War Tusk. I kill them everyday now but I died a lot at first. lol.

I think being able to solo certain content makes up for the general lackluster dps in current content.

1 Like

I have something to share.
Yesterday, I was a t a friends place, and they asked me, did I have any experience with virtual reality, did I care to try what they had going.
I was luke-warm at best, but eventually agreed to try the “Roller-Coaster”.
A bonnet and a couple hand-grips later, and I was on a roller-coaster, in 3-d. The view was a bit blurry, but not terrible. the 3-d was reasonable, I guess, not knowing what to expect. Boulders tumbling towards me looked believable.
Then, the ride kicked in to “go real fast”.
Damn… I had to hang on… damn… the G-Force… its gonna throw me out of the car…no, the car got thrown off the track, I’m falling… freeze-frame.
I knew I was sitting in a kitchen chair, but my belly didn’t know it.
The G-Force, it felt real. The impending motion sickness, it felt real too.
The car falling, me in it, felt real. I’m very glad I didn’t complete the fall…
As I said, damn…

2 Likes

That sounds like tremendous fun!

1 Like

Happy mother’s day all!

I never played any of the mass effect games. You may now proclaim me as a heathen.

I got into soloing originally just for fun but also because that was the time when Cata had just launched and the 5 man dungeons were made more difficult. Finding tanks became really difficult and I said screw it, I can do it myself! Haha.

Ended up soloing a bunch of stuff at the time ranging from most wrath raid bosses to I (think IIRC) every cata dungeon at the time. Though my favorite thing was convincing my guild during progression to let me “tank” heroic morchok. He splits into two and most of his damage was AOE damage which my pet ignored. So we just put a few healers with me and my pet, and everyone else on the other morchok and crushed it!

I’ve yet to experience any VR. That sounds like an absolute blast though!

1 Like

My very first dungeon my friend and I went in together because we didn’t know you needed a group. We did not know anything. When I read about managing trash, I kept wondering about the focus on garbage. Lol.

We were just starting and working up a ledge when a large bunch of adds attacked us. I was very excited about my explosive trap and blew them all off the ledge.

As we both stood there basking in my coolness, I had apparently pulled all the adds below and they swarmed and slaughter us. We left. Didn’t go back into a dungeon for more than a year.

I don’t think I was a very good hunter tank. Lol

3 Likes

Ahahah, it takes practice! Won’t improve with failing and learning from it now and again, especially to start :wink:

I’ve started the draft to my soloing guide. Used to have it stickied before the updated the forums, and I think the general tips could also help players out not only for things like the mount from PF but also with the updated torghast on PTR.

Still contemplating if I should actually incorporate Torghast stuff into the guide itself though. It’ll be outdated by next expansion completely since I doubt we’ll still be doing it by then haha.

1 Like