Hunter Chat Thread and Lounge

Can I just say I really really really don’t appreciate H Sire Denathrius. Ugh.

My painfully casual group has gotten him to 5% and we are at about 80 pulls. So I know we are close and will get it done, but jeez there is a mega ton of garbage going on in phase 3.

We only raid once a week for 3 hours on Sunday…so like super casual. Please don’t pick me apart. Lol.

I’m just venting. Ugh. I really want him dead and we are so close.

The silver lining is there is no blaming and complaining. We are just slowly learning each phase of the fight. Im lucky to have such a good community group to play with.

Did I mention I really want him dead?

3 Likes

You can do it!!

/waves tiny little pom-poms in massive Tauren hands

I believe in you!

4 Likes

I haven’t really raided since Legion. I haven’t even done heroic Natharia at all yet!

Don’t feel too bad though. I’m certain you’ll get him. It’ll feel rewarding when you do too. So no need to worry about what others might think, I think being able to just enjoy yourself and progress at a pace your group is comfortable with is nice.

Blizzard, I demand to see this animated.

4 Likes

My goodness! Now I have that image in my head and it’s adorable.

Thanks Guys! I already feel better.

2 Likes

Sounds about right. It took the group I cleared him with 60 pulls to down him the 1st time. I’ve heard other people say they were well over 125 with no kill as well.

1 Like

I’m pretty sure we can get it done but phase 3 is just complete chaos. It’s like a dance, but I’m trying to do while drunk, blind in one eye and with a flickering red light that makes everything look red. Lol.

And I’m pretty sure he cheats!

1 Like

I mean, he’s a raid boss, he’s supposed to, but you’ll get it. If you guys can make it past, it’s been a minute since I did it, seed set 5 I think it was the rest is a breeze. But Set 5 is just utter chaos of trying to move him place seeds and avoid all the mechanics at the same time. After that it’s easy mode.

1 Like

I upgraded my Surging Shots legendary to 235 last night. Did some 2s for the first time in several weeks with my partner and we broke past 1600 again. We keep going on this back and forth train of about 1550 - 1650. Once our MMR starts hitting 1750 opponents we just get slapped around by rets and what not.

Figured experimenting with MM for some ghetto burst combo with chakrams and explosive shot could do some work. So far working out well.

2 Likes

I’ve tried Arena a few times and it’s fun if we aren’t trying to get to any particular level. Otherwise, it’s frustrating and stressful.

I had the most fun when I played WPVP with friends years ago. As a Hunter, I was bait. Everyone wants to kill a Hunter. Lol. So no one expected the 2 stealthed rogues.

1 Like

Truly the Teemo of WoW.

2 Likes

Arena can be pretty tough, and team comps are definitely far more important than just BGs or world PVP. Not to mention the balance issues become much more apparent in arena.

Still, I find it a fun way to test myself and strive for improvement. I used to be sort of infamous though on my original server, Stormrage, for leading world pvp groups. More specifically, I led For the Horde raids a lot back during Wrath and Cataclysm.

It was really weird since the server community at the time knew me well which led to all sorts of uhm, interesting interactions with people.

Oh, I’m thinking there are some juicy stories to be told. Lol

1 Like

A few I suppose!

Mostly it was just sort of an odd experience. Legitimately, I had this weird following in trade chat. If someone was ever randomly being a jerk to me you’d see a lot of people just dog pile on them in trade. I’d have people who would pretend we were really good / close friends even though I maybe interacted with them once, and I use that loosely since I was leading forty man raid groups and was trying to avoid being super personal with anyone. And people would start rumors!

So like, I went on vacation for a week down in Florida with my older brother and a few of his friends. I of course wasn’t going to announce to the server “oh btw, on vacay for awhile bbs” lol. I come back to find out that people thought I had faction changed to Alliance because someone over there started leading raid groups against the Horde! Other rumors that popped up at that same time was that I had decided I found trolling people in trade chat to be too fun to pass up so random people (one of whom ended up becoming a good friend) were accused of secretly being me!

It was wild! I’m glad I don’t get that kind of attention any more in game because other than on the forums, I like to sort of think of myself as a hermit >.>. I mostly keep to myself and don’t like getting attention.

1 Like

That’s sounds like way too much social responsibility.

When I was on Kil’jaeden (it was a PVP server at the time), it was fun to be in the big organized groups like that. The first time I raided an Alliance capital was so exciting! After being killed by random guards when straying too close to outposts it was a big payback.

And seriously, do you know how many deaths it takes to escape an Alliance outpost when you are new and super low level and don’t know anything? I do.

We once had a huge group and decided to RP walk to the castle in SW. You know that swagger when you feel invincible. What we didn’t know was several Alliance Raid guilds were about to gather for their raid night or something. They showed up about halfway through our swagger through town … and slaughtered us…repeatedly. They were so organized and on comms that we just had a good old fashion butt kicking. Talk about an ego check. Lol

2 Likes

One more day…

Until the weekend.

And then after that, 3 more weeks until summer vacation!

(Well, yes, I’m doing summer school. But it’s super easy.)

AHHHHH!

I can’t wait. :grin:

2 Likes

I totally meant to respond back to this yesterday and forgot to, whoops!

Yes, yes it was. It was one of the major reasons why I eventually transferred off of Stormrage. That and also Stormrage Horde was very obviously dying off. It’s like seeing a leprechaun when I see a stormrage Horde with cross servers.

Omg lol. That was bold of your group! I tried to keep the raids efficient for boss killing, which unfortunately meant if you got dismounted or killed without a battle rez ready? You were getting left behind once the boss was dead unfortunately! People really wanted that bear mount haha!

Closest thing I did to that was this;

(Messed up audio and it didn’t record my voice while I was joking and calling things out with friends). We dressed up as Christmas gnomes and slow walked the flag back to our base in WSG. Did that the whole game even though that was only just a few minutes, we ended up winning xD.

It’s very difficult to beat coordinated groups on comms, especially ones that are organized and play together frequently.

Got any special plans to enjoy your time, Water :D? I’m looking forward to later this year so I can go to the Renaissance Festival near me. I have a wizard outfit I’ve been slowly perfecting over the years and I always have fun dressing up and going through the shops, shows, and people watching!

2 Likes

I’ve organized a summer camp for my students! Specifically, at that camp I worked at in the past. I believe I shared some pictures of the critters I found at the camp.

ANYWAYS, I was able to get the camp to agree to letting all of my students go for free in exchange for some volunteer work, and then I sweet-talked the parents into it (since the camp is 5 hours away from where we live) by pointing out that it’s a great way for them to get work experience.

I’ve also been thinking about going on a road trip — since I love road trips — but I haven’t quite decided yet.

2 Likes

That sounds great! I’m certain you and the students will have a blast!

If you find you have time and plan it out, you should totally do it. I’ve traveled pretty much the entirety of the east coast, but would love to travel out west at some point. I’ve flown out to Arizona (where my little sister lives) but actually driving and seeing more of the states and making it a trip would be fun.

I also want to go to Alaska. I have some friends from WoW I’d love to see who live there, been playing games with them since Wrath. Was planning on seeing them last year but… pandemic lol.

I’ve got mad respect for you. We need more teachers like you.

1 Like