Hunter Chat Thread and Lounge

Intuitive learning and usage. I’ve heard some manufacturers claim that such is built into their products. Have you noticed any improvement?
I’m not sure it’s even a real thing.

How to put this… Huh? Even if it doesn’t matter any more, I’d like to know.
Also, could you please write out the macro for spamming the Eagle Eye vision ability?

So, there was a long time (think from classic until the start of cataclysm) while we could cast our abilities at range on the move, our auto attacks had to be performed standing still.

The “swing timer” was a term that players came up with. Let’s say your bow has an attack speed of once every three seconds. Your “swing timer” would be three seconds. That meant, if you were moving you wanted to stop briefly about once every three seconds (or just before three seconds to better optimize your damage) to fire an auto attack.

Today, we don’t have to worry about this at all since we can auto attack and move at the same time now.

When I am home tonight I will for sure send it your way. Let me see if I can remember it before then though.

Edit: Try /cast !Eagle Eye

I think that will let you recast it while channeling eagle eye already, allowing you to increase the effective range of the spell.

1 Like

So, you would stutter-step. ok. ty.
The Far-Sight ability, I treasure it. One minute is too short!
Thank you.
Now that I’m not feeling too bad, time to get some work done.
Done, not just started!

1 Like

Ugh!! I played with that damn swing timer all last year. It was awful. Took forever for me to understand how to use it and then implement it somewhat successfully.

I really missed the mobility of retail and…disengage. Lol. In Classic I hit my disengage and I’m thinking I’ve done something wrong. Where is my hop back. WTH?? It just maybe gets me out of aggro? I was so mad. It was very entertaining for my friends.

2 Likes

I also bought my armor from the NPCs…I mean, they sold it. Why shouldn’t I? So embarrassing. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hunters used to be very different in many regards haha!

Pet happiness, ammo, swing timers, etc. I think the class has evolved mostly in a good direction, though there’s still some things I think haven’t been good that I’ll leave for the many many other threads out there :wink:

I used to be the classic example of “ohhh, hunter weapon!”

I remember one time as a kid joining a SM armory group. I doubt this person even remembers or cares at this point but I remember it vividly 16 / going on 17 years later.

We had a pretty smooth run, and made it all the way to Herod and killed him. I didn’t realize the group was a group of friends trying to get the warrior in the group the two handed are. It dropped and the whirlwind effect seemed so cool, and I was certain it had to be an upgrade! No one told me the warrior was only running the dungeon for that are, and so I rolled need. And won.

I couldn’t trade it back or anything. The group was furious with me. I tried to stubbornly use that axe for about half a level before I really realized that I had made a mistake.

Video relevant.

Mr. Warrior, if you’re still out there, I am sorry for taking your axe!

1 Like

I used to like the game’s lore. 9.1 looks to be breaking that. I may have to just start ignoring wow lore completely or quit wow forever.

But then the “We must kill each other” players will be so unhappy because that’s what warcraft was always about, killing each other forever.

2 Likes

I just assume they either didn’t play WCIII or missed the point of it and the numerous times we’ve come together to stop world ending threats.

I mean, Varok led the combined war effort against AQ, yet there are people who hate him for working with the Alliance after he regret his actions and want to end the war.

Or how with both Garrosh and Sylvanas both sides came together to stop them. The moral is that we always come together in the end, that the old ways and wars are meaningless and will only ever result in both sides losing.

We can still have skirmishes and stuff that isn’t “sanctioned” by either side for PVP related activities, but I just don’t understand the point of the faction barrier any more.

On an even more wild note, I also don’t understand the point of class / race restrictions either any more :sunglasses:

I mean, I agree they should get rid of the faction war, but if the writers just can’t live without it, they’ve stumbled into another option. Let players chose their cosmological alignment instead of faction. “Your choice is now light or void” would be a much more interesting choice than horde or alliance at this point.

4 Likes

They could do something like that if they wanted to, and it would make more sense than the current faction shenanigans anyway.

My reason beyond just the overall moral they keep trying to espouse for ending the faction war is I think it’ll actually make the story more capable of growth and allow for better / more realistic RP opportunities.

Like, imagine if the faction barrier didn’t actually exist, you could see more internal politics and story potential. We knew the blood elves in MoP would never leave the Horde because gameplay demands they stay with the Horde. Likewise, I doubt we’ll get a good conclusion for the night elves and everything wrong that happened to them in BFA because of their ties to the Alliance for gameplay purposes.

In the end, Tyrande will most likely thank the PC, and begrudgingly accept the Horde despite the awful atrocities committed against her people because there’s not a whole lot of inner faction conflict since the PC is always tied to their faction.

If the barrier weren’t there, we probably could have seen blood elves actually leaving the Horde under Garrosh, or night elves taking more serious steps against the Horde, etc.

As for RP, I like to think of this character more like an experienced bounty hunter. He still fights for overall good (as in, he isn’t just going to let a village get slaughtered or anything like that), but he also isn’t out to just pick wanton violence or serve the highest bidder (otherwise, I might as well be standard buddy #246).

He used to use more specialized ammo that he had infused with magic buuuut… let’s avoid that topic ahaha. He mostly is just happy to work with his animal companions to protect people and make some coin in the process.

Edit: As for opening class restrictions as I mentioned earlier, I just don’t understand the point of them any more. I understand the classes are meant to represent the dominant culture in a given racial society, but we the play characters have also been increasingly treated as utterly unique starting in WoD and really taking off since Legion. If we’re exceptional, I think we should be exceptional beyond the norms for a given race if we want to.

2 Likes

Dawn, I have read a lot about your issues with 9.1 and Elune. I love Elune as well. Always been one of the most interesting figures in WoW. All I will say is we need more context. How powerful is the winter queen. By what term do they mean sisters. Could Elune be the god of life? The winter queen being on the other side feeling like her figurative sister. I hope they make Elune the most powerful being in the WoW universe. She deserves it.
Night elf fans deserve it.

1 Like

It’s not even a power issue. Making her a part of a Pantheon of Life completely recontextualizes how she is going to be viewed going forward in a way that doesn’t exactly make a lot of sense imo

1 Like

I think that is probably reserved for Azeroth as the sort of maguffin every evil person seems to be after.

But I definitely think since they introduced the idea of first ones, Elune should at the very least be on their level. There is so much built up about her that placing her on the same cosmological level as the various pantheons feels wrong.

Make sense. I mean I guess it depends. The lore is so crazy. She seems to be the balance of all things. I guess we will have to see how they flesh her out in full.

Once upon a time, I got Zin’rokh from ZG back in Vanilla days, shortly after a series of swearing and yelling on ventrillo, we had a warrior gquit from the guild.

2 Likes

Likewise. I don’t know if the game has any surprises in store, but it’ll be good to be back with an old favorite.

1 Like

I’m enjoying the lore of WoW from reading the books but I’m not as knowledgeable or as invested as many that have played longer than I have.

But even I have to admit the BFA cinematic had me very excited and then the way the story unfolded was a bit of a let down. I prefer stories with more subtle character development with the big blow em up stuff mixed in. Seems there were a lot of wasted opportunities.

I’m still hoping we can get a reasonable story arc out of all this. Since I know less, the glaring retcons and such have less of an impact on my game play. Ignorance is truly bliss

I was genuinely surprised how many times people GQuit in Classic over loot. The melodrama was over the top. As much as the community was very tight-knit, there was plenty of back stabbing and conspiracy. Lol

1 Like

Wow, you guys have been busy while I was gone!

Sadly, I won’t be posting for a couple more days. Such is the busy life of a special education teacher. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like