Hunter Buffs Finally!

My favorite thing about trust levels is that you get 5 chances (aka suspensions), regardless of context on your entire blizzard account for the forums and then you’re automatically barred from trust level 3.
Forever.
Shoutout to multiflaggers and trolls for removing my ability to post helpful graphics and sometimes memes
:upside_down_face:

1 Like

5 chances? The Blizzard description of Trust levels says one. If it’s five, I still have a couple left.

• First flag was in vanilla, when I logged on and all my gear and gold was gone. Reported it and got banned. They insisted the game was unhackable and therefore I must’ve shared my password, so that account was banned. (I got it back at the end of BfA)
  • Second flag was when people were discussing the death of the Pope in general chat. I was congratulating a guildie for passing an important test, but accidentally sent it to general chat. I said “That’s awesome!” and got a 24 hour suspension…
  • Third was the 5 min suspension while they logged into my account and renamed my pet.

yeah
i forget where i read it, and just spent the last 10 minutes looking for the the exact post to link but there was an mvp post that outlined how it worked, with 5 suspensions being the hard limit before the system will lock your account to no higher than 2 and under from my understanding
it could’ve changed, as this is info from roughly 3-4 years ago, but i honestly doubt it

the only thing that completely circumvents it to my understanding is if your account is flagged for a beta license testing b group, which grants permanent tl3 regardless of account actions or status, which is neat

The buff just got nerfed. Imagine that.

New changes after adjustments:

Kill Command damage will be increased by 10%, down from 25%.
Barbed Shot damage will be increased by 12%, down from 25%.
Kill Cleave (talent) will now transfer 60% of Kill Command’s damage, up from 50%.

2 Likes

That didn’t take long :frowning:
Still no word on our survivability either.

This is what I found.

The funniest thing is they gave MM Hunters their one-shot back, but that isn’t even on the radar. I’m happy for MM Hunters, but sad for BM.

1 Like

Ah.
I found it.
https://blog.discourse.org/2018/06/understanding-discourse-trust-levels/

It’s the actual discourse (the framework of the new forums) website itself. I’m not sure where I picked up the 5 limit thing, it’s not listed here either. Might be a misinterpretation of one of the stipulations for tl3, or I heard it from one of the former CMs I talk to on occasion? Not sure.
It’s worth mentioning that tl4 is considered staff/mods.

QEhxKDs
Here ya go. It summarizes all changes to MM Hunter I proposed.

Reported

=)

No one do this, please

the fun part is that it de-incentivizes good behavior at that point

This, a thousand times this.

Just put it on an image-hosting site and then put the link in code here, or without the “https:/” part.

EDIT: Yes, you will have the permissions… because if you post it without the header, it won’t even be recognized as a link, just plain text. Likewise, if you put it in a code block (via Ctrl-E), it won’t count as a link.

In both cases, people can’t left-click to go straight there, but they can highlight it, right click, and select “Go to…” for nearly the same convenience.

I tried. It says I don’t have perms to post it.

This is the imgur link. If you can post it, give it a shot. I will note that I should update it a little, as one of the talents has text I added late… to the wrong talent.

Good.

Darn. I was looking forward to being able to build towards net rewards for Multi-DoTing.

If you put reverse hyphens before and after the link, it removes the hyperlink portion, and greys it out
for example;
www.google.com
you can then just copy and paste it

1 Like

I can’t get it to work from the imgur link. Just write out the full link, select that part of the text, and hit Ctrl-E.

https://imgur.com/gallery/QEhxKDs

Like so.

(No, the sample link above doesn’t work, even though it should have, unless you’ve since taken your post down and reuploaded.)

https://imgur.com/a/QEhxKDs
Ah, that’s because you forgot the /a/ bit. Here you go, fixed.

1 Like
Okay, so there's a lot to unpack here, so I'll be brief for now:
  1. The Likely Problems

If the sustainability/survivability problem isn’t unique to MM (e.g., from having cast times), the solution shouldn’t be unique to it either. Even if I assume that every spec gets their own way to deal with that, some of these solutions would pigeonhole MM into certain builds.

If the node is to be obligatory, it needs to be higher up. Else you end up with reduced build freedom and having made it very risky and potentially unfun to take a max damage build (which would then avoid those self-sustain nodes) when one would be able to survive anyways, and —at the values suggested— make it damn hard to balance PvE and PvP both.

Additionally…

• Killer Accuracy looks like it’d be a pretty huge pain to balance.
    • The limitation you want placed on Chimaera Shot should probably only be applied to instanced combat and against CCed targets, else you’d actually drop QoL elsewhere (in leveling and when opening vs. 2 enemies with MD or in repositioning ranged mobs for the tank during speedruns).
    • Bombardment would have anti-synergy with Bulletstorm, Target Practice, and Chimaera Shot, unless it doesn’t actually consume your Precise Shots / Wild Quiver.
  2. Room for Improvement

In short, you’ve still got quite a few lackluster talents still hanging around (Target Practice, Trick Shots not being embedded into Multishot [or Multishot being worthwhile on its own], Lone Wolf not being ST only and baselined, etc.)

Additionally…

• Nitpick: Need to clarify the effect on Wild Quiver (e.g., “incur a 20% shorter global recast time”). Additionally, I’d recommend weighing that further in favor of Haste and Focus cost reduction as to (1) better differentiate it from Precise Shots and (2) improve its ability to sync up to Aimed Shot (1.67 GCDs) and Steady Shot (1.33 GCDs). Reducing the global recast time incurred by a third (making Wild Quiver shots just a 0.67 GCD [1 second pre-Haste]) would allow you to resync often and easily.

• Momentum (Steady Focus v2) shouldn’t stack. While that’s certainly a buff, it’d make it stronger while also making it rather more brain-dead. If allowed to stack, instead of simply allowing multiple simultaneous applications, you’d open with one Steady Shot, and thereafter use it only as often as needed with a minimum of 1 StS every 12 seconds to maintain the buff. There’d be no need to judge when you can insert it at minimum loss into your rotation.

• I’d therefore recommend instead that you either…
      1. offer only that “Up to 2 applications may apply simultaneously,” such that the second shot (and every shot thereafter) doesn’t refresh two shot’s worth of effect and perhaps even increasing the Haste bonus slightly instead, or
      2. make it only apply the effect after the second consecutive Steady Shot while dealing with its present issues by instead giving it partial roll-over on the buff duration and having only completed offensive shots count against Steady Shot’s consecutive uses (so that Countershot, traps, Concussive, Binding, etc. don’t break your streak).
    • Your Deathblow change makes this talent increasingly build around Rapid Fire. Not sure how badly that might reduce build freedom, though, since it also slightly frees it from (old) WRG.

• Your Windrunner’s Guidance currently makes every Aimed Shot castable while moving, unless Aimed Shots which consume WRG do not, themselves, grant WSG. It also has the effect of forcing you to complete your Aimed Shots within 4 seconds’ of each other to get any beneficial effect. This is plenty of time only if you ensure that the effect is snapshotted (unlike, say, the Trick Shots provided by Volley) across the whole cast, so that a mobile Aimed Shot can’t be killed at 90+% progress when the duration ends, etc.

3. The Good

• Streamline
      • Though I wonder if there’s ever a case where one wouldn’t want to take a 20% reduced uptime cost on Aimed Shot (an extra second of offensive time every 2 Aimed Shots), even if they didn’t necessarily need the faster casts just to get Aimed Shot off at all?

• Bursting Shot

• Bombardment
      • I think? It’s a little hard to tell.

• SharpshooterKilling Fields
      • Since you can only get at most 4 of these per 21.6 - 24 seconds pre-Haste, the CDR shouldn’t be too extreme. It’d essentially allow for ~30-second Salvos outside of Trueshot.

A pretty good run so far!