Hunter Buffs Finally!

Tuning changes planned for patch 10.0.7, and will likely be in your next PTR build.

All Specs:

• Serpent Sting damage increased by 25%
  • Death Chakram damage increased by 100%

Beast Mastery Hunter:

• Kill Command damage + 25%
  • Barbed Shot damage + 25%
  • Stomp damage + 25%
  • Cobra Shot damage + 50%

Marksmanship Hunter:

• Arcane Shot and Chimaera Shot damage + 25%
  • Multi-Shot damage + 15%

As a reminder, numbers are still subject to change. Thank you all.

P.S. I hope you are still having nice weekends.

21 Likes

Shame it didn’t address survivability.

24 Likes

Yeah i feel like hunter dmg for mm and bm is some of the best in the game rn, idk why they are further buffing dmg. Maybe hunter is supposed to be a glass cannon.

5 Likes

Theyre nerfing the hunter bow thats providing crazy damage. Im assuming theyre trying to bring them in line by buffing those without the bow while balancing those with it.

9 Likes

was there nothing about survival?

1 Like

But they all don’t adress the main hunter problems that is SURVIVABILITY and the current state of the SPEC TREES that is a total mess.

These buffs are not fixes to the class/specs itself. Just a lazy workaround.

8 Likes

These buffs are to replace lost damage from bow, which shows that they did indeed balance BM and MM around having the bow

18 Likes

These buffs are being made because the Rasz bow is being nerfed into the ground. Buffing base auto-shot damage instead of auto-shot attack speed. Something the OP failed to mention. They don’t want players with the bow to see their damage fall off too much due to the nerf. But at the same time it will bring all the Hunters who never got the bow more in line with the damage Hunters with the bow are doing before the nerf.

The auto-shot speed buff was unintentionally buffing pet attack damage, and that’s why it was such a massive DPS increase for BM in particular.

4 Likes

Hunter DPS is solid right now, especially MM for Mythics and multi-target fights. However, BM is only viable with Raz bow. Since I got it from our H kill two weeks ago, my ST BM dps went up by at least 12-15K, that’s unreal. This buff will balance BM out without needing the bow and it’s a good change. An entire spec shouldn’t rely on 1 item.

That being said, compared to rest of the classes we are still middle of the pack and our weak survivability without any group buff, makes us a not so great choice over other classes.

13 Likes

Nope.
Meanwhile Ret Paladin has had a full rework and now they’re arguably one of the tankiest classes in 10.0.7

We just want a buff or maybe one extra spell? Silence.

These buffs are great but I don’t see those numbers making it to live. Especially for PVP.
I think they’re slowly going to dwindle it down so instead of say, Cobra Shot 50% dmg it’ll go live as 20%.

Also, I’m confused about Death Chakram 100% buff. It’s on a choice node with Stampede but does anyone ever take Stampede over DC as is…?

The Raz bow was such an incredibly stupid idea from a company thats been putting out this game for 20yrs.
The buffs are nice, but like everyone else who cares how much dmg we do when we get killed if a mob looks at us.
Exhilaration 1min CD
Allows us to attack during turtle
return mend pet to what it was for the last 20yrs, it heals us as well for 1% per tick.
get rid of sentinel owl and give us some real talents.
Hunters avoidance increase to like 10% or more

12 Likes

Not gonna lie, getting that Bow felt like I won the lottery and seeing my DPS increase ST by 12-15k felt amazing. However, once reality kicked in and I remembered how much I despised not having the bow, it’s best not to have items like that in the game. I was angry every time I saw the bow on someone when I didn’t have it :rofl:

12 Likes

In M+ Stampede works out to do more damage. But as with Destro RoF you need the tank to position and not move the mobs around. If you can can do this, then stampede offers some decent damage.

DC is used in the ST build, and for packs in raids and bosses, it helps. Also its a focus regen. I am interested on the 100% thing. I am sad SV did not receive anything, but honestly SV is doing pretty good damage in raids and M+

1 Like

Survival doesn’t use the Rasz bow, that’s why they aren’t getting these buffs. The buffs are strictly to offset the massive nerf to that bow in 10.7 to fix an unintended buff it was providing to our pets. It will also bring MM and especially BM Hunters without the bow closer in performance as Hunters with the bow.

7 Likes

What’s funny is that they still didn’t nerf the leatherworking bow at all.

Because there is no reason to nerf the crafted bow. The Rasz bow’s special effect was giving a bigger buff than intended. These Hunter buffs are strictly related to them nerfing that effect. The Rasz bow should still be BiS. But having it won’t be a 15% DPS increase for BM compared to not having it.

4 Likes

The reason is that the crafted bow obsoletes all other weapons of the same ilvl (other than raz bow) because of its attack speed. If nothing else, this makes the engineering gun totally useless. along with every other 418 weapon that isn’t the raz bow.

As BM at 415 ilvl the 418 bow is 150 dps more than any 421 and 400 more than the crafted gun. Not really gamebreaking.

3 Likes

After the Rasz bow is nerfed, the crafted bow will become more desirable. Rasz bow will still be superior, but barely. The 2.60 speed of BotDH means more Auto Shots, which translates to more opportunities for Wild Call procs. Every other ranged weapon at that level is 3.00.

3 Likes

The crafted bow doesn’t give a 5-15K DPS increase, depending on either MM or BM, like the Rasz bow does. The Rasz bow will still have an effect that makes it better than the crafted bow.