Hunter Auto Attack on Target

When targeting bosses via left click or tab, hunters are once again auto-attacking unprompted. This bug has come and gone over time but has once again resurfaced in 9.2.5

17 Likes

I’m sorry but you have encountered the bug “hunters doing hunter things.” The fix is 18 years in the making.

Happens in arena too, i simply wanted to set a Resto Shaman as focus while i was in camouflage, but simply selecting his unit frame auto attacked him and ripped me from stealth… -_-

This is beyond “hunters doing hunter things” This is legitimate failure by blizzard in their 9.2.5 code that makes hunters auto attack on applying auto shot and when LEFT clicking a boss in raids. Left click is never supposed to put you into attack, thats what right click does.

1 Like

Tonight during our mythic raid nights left clicking the boss will trigger auto shots. Our hunters accidentally pulling all night trying to apply hunter’s mark.

2 Likes

Was gonna bug report but saw this and just wanted to add too it. Repeatedly happening in the last few raids I’ve been in.

Conditions that it has happened:
Tab target out of combat
Apply hunters mark
Cast misdirection
Left Click out of combat
Clicking a feast and eating with a target set

What has worked:
Get well out of range and left click the target
Turn around
Back up till in range of hunters mark
Apply mark
Walk out of range
clear target
get in position to pull

Still during the countdown, I try to wait till it gets to about 4 to hit tab and be ready to pull, a few times on tab it pulls anyway, but this has got it to happen less. I doubt this is intended behavior, and went from only if I fat fingered a key, to “WHY DOES THIS KEEP HAPPENING!” and lots of upset people making fun of hunters for being stupid. Hard to defend myself when my character for seemingly no reason at all just keeps pulling early.

3 Likes

Yes I was just joking. My main is a hunter and I encountered the same thing on Rygelon the other night.

Had it happen on double tap when in the pre-pull phase today :frowning: raid hates us right now.

Please fix this, not being able to precast aimed shot, suckssss

1 Like

Blizzard fix this please, I can’t deal with my guild’s mockery because of this bug, in 30 minutes I pulled Rygelon 4 times just trying to apply the hunter’s mark

2 Likes

All four of our hunters were basically taking turns pulling Mythic Halondrus early because of this last night. It was suuuuper confusing until we found out it’s a bug right now.

This is absolutely ridiculous and unacceptable that this bug is still present. While not “game-breaking”, it ultimately hampers hunters and makes them infuriating to play (and play with) current when in group content. BM and MM hunters cannot adequately prepare for a “pre-pull” and when they attempt to do more often than not end up pulling the boss by an unwanted auto-shot causing strife within the group.

2 Likes

Yep still happening at the moment on Mythic Halondrus. Really annoying.

Have you confirmed that “Interact on Left Click” is not enabled in your interface options? Don’t just assume it isn’t - confirm that it isn’t. Interface → Controls, second from the bottom.

Otherwise your left click is going to behave identically to the right click, and auto-shot is what happens when you right-click on a non-friendly target (even to select it).

Nobody’s setting would magically swap to interact on left click.
If that was the case tab targetting wouldn’t cause the bug at all.

There’s multiple threads on this, some from previous expansions.
I’ve tried to replicate this bug numerous times and it only happens when raid group is ready to pull M Halondrus, I’ve gone to boss on my own after raid and I can’t get it to happen. It hasn’t happened out in the world.

Yes my “Interact on Left Click” is disabled.

I was Testing it last night during raid.
Outside Halondrus’s room i could Tab/Left Click on mobs and it would not auto-shoot. Walk into Halondrus and Tab to him it Auto-shot.

Bump 10char

Hey @Blizzard this is still bugged. Would be pretty cool to have this fixed so that we stop ninja pulling bosses by accident.

1 Like

worst class of tbc. Now u need a god damned mouse macro to min max. + a custom swingtimer, a range checker and a macro for every ability. Oh and don’t forget your pet can die at all times + absolutely no one has an UI showing debuffs/buffs on it (“motw my pet pls”). Gameplay is clanky since first release, sometimes u clip but maybe not haha arcane shot is good (or no?!) you should absolutely do every action between 2 autos or else ? U clip and cliping is vry vry bad don’t forget your steamtonk lol and be sure to keep some %hit from p1 because T6 do not have any %hit. Big hit items ? Mhh no melee dps need more hit than you so you don’t have prio on cvos/ssr/madness but it’s not a problem you still have that blue ring from shettek hall right ? Madness not even bis for you lol.
Archimonde ? Great fight, you just have to put the pet in this precise spot and pray to god ur tanks move when fire spawns and recall it sometimes but it’s okay overall, you have Improved Revive Pet anyway and its just the pets lmao

In the name of baby Thrall, please freaking fix this.