Human Race Mega Thread and Lounge

I do rolled meatloafs too. Mine are stuffed with asparagus spears, chopped garlic and parmesan cheese :slight_smile:

1 Like

“That actually sounds real good.”
/grin

It’s pretty tasty if you like asparagus. It’s also okay with a dry mozzerella, but it can be really greasy, so I like the parm a little better. You do have to be easy with the salt, because the cheese can sometimes salt soak it - which is where I struggle.

1 Like

“Ever done stuffed Hamburgers?”

Yes indeedy. Pretty much all burger combos I have done. Including different meats including elk, emu, bison, and deer :slight_smile:

2 Likes

“Ever had Rattle Snake Steaks?”

I am not sure they were called steaks, but I have had grilled rattle snake often. We used to live in Idaho. Rattler was a common prey along with jack rabbit we hunted. We’d grill the snake and have to pull the spine/ribs out with tweezers.

2 Likes

“What about Emu? Crocodile? Kangaroo?”

1 Like

I have had all 3. I also had zebra, bear - both black and grizzly. I’ve had mountain lion, frog. Most game birds.

1 Like

“Yup, I feel like we are Kindred Spirits.”
/GRIN

“One of my FAVE quotes, from an old Horror Movie, called Motel Hell… 'Meat’s Meat, and Man’s gotta EAT!!!”
/wicked giggle

1 Like

I’m trying to get more into the veg because I love gardening. But I’ve spent a lot of winters watching some species who are innocent starve. So I understand the need for culling. I don’t like taking a life, but I hate suffering even more. If I can cull it and eat it and save a fraction of suffering. Welp, that works.

2 Likes

“THAT, my friend, is the difference, between Sports Hunters, and REAL Hunters. You, are a REAL Hunter.”
/salute
/grin

1 Like

I’ve never taken a kill for a trophy ever. That’s gross.

2 Likes

I cooked some this summer. I’m a very waste-not kind of person, and made chili. Did not taste at all like I thought it would!

2 Likes

“Exactly!!! Kill only what you need, and use all of what you kill. Including the hide, bones, everything. My Grandfather would use the guts to feed other critters, and sometimes for Fishing Bait.”

“Critters… He had a TON of Barn Cats.”
/LOL

2 Likes

:dancer: :dancing_men: :dancing_women: :man_dancing:

4 Likes

“Thank you.”
/happy grin

2 Likes

Oh I missed where you asked that song to be linked :slight_smile: I’m surprised you aren’t at TL3. You get a lot of likes and read a lot of posts!

1 Like

“I am not TL3, because I don’t create threads. This is my FIRST one, since they changed the format. It took me that long to get the courage to create one.”

3 Likes

Well congrats on your first, it’s going well. My first died off pretty quick. My most frequent one for druid screenshots of Zen druid areas was also dead on arrival. But my boulders of blackrook hold got some interest lol. So keep trying. You never know what will bite.

1 Like