HUGE mount bug: invisible mounts, able to interact

I’ve found a pretty big bug in 8.1. I’m not sure how to reproduce it exactly, because it seems to be a random occurrence about 50% of the time when I try to mount.

In any case what happens is, I mount, but my mount is invisible. While my mount is invisible, I can still interact with objects. Click on quest items, loot corpses, stuff like that.

I also often cannot even dismount. Trying to use any ability gives a “you are mounted” error and won’t dismount me either.

If i get into combat in this state I get stuck in combat and have to fly far, far away (an absurd distance really) to get out of combat.

It should be noted that I am not doing this intentionally. I’m just trying to mount normally and this happens 50% of the time.

66 Likes

I had this same issue today while doing the Nazmir world quest ‘Burial Detail’. Fortunately I was able to dismount and engage in combat, but every time I would remount, I would experience the same issue as Uematsu.

Also, while taking the flight path from Forlorn Ruins to Zul’jan in Nazmir the flight mount did not appear and I was just floating through the air by myself on the flight path.

3 Likes

I am also having this issue. it randomly happens. Accepting quests doesn’t always show them in your list and completing them doesn’t close them. Mounting and invisible mount and can’t use abilities to dismount. I have to close wow out before it goes away then everything works for a little while and then right back to having issues.

2 Likes

Same issue happened to me yesterday, but only in Tiragarde Sound.

It appears to me that the issue is one of incredibly long, incredibly specific lag, because of yet another issue I ran into at the same time:

After my mount failed to appear (all of them - I tried several to make sure it wasn’t a bug just affecting my paladin class mount), I hopped a taxi from Vigil Hill to Hatherford, swimming through the air the whole way. While running at mount speed toward another WQ, I came across a fishing pool and decided to stop and fish it out. I cast my line, but the automatic fishing pole didn’t appear. The bobber appeared in the water, but was unclickable. So I switched to my “Fishing” equipment set (which just swaps in my fishing pole and Nat Pagle’s fishing hat), and both of these failed to appear. So I said “screw it” and headed off to the next WQ. I cast Judgment at a quest mob and ran in to fight it … and that’s when my fishing pole finally appeared, rendering me unable to use any melee abilities.

I say “lag”, but there’s probably a better word, because I wasn’t experiencing any other kind of lag. My FPS was just fine, and my latency was at 50-52ms where it always is.

As mentioned, these issues were not issues at all for me outside of Tiragarde Sound.

EDIT: I see someone else had this problem in Nazmir. So perhaps this is somehow caused by Assaults being active in a zone.

4 Likes

it happened to me first in a battlefront, however, it just happened to me in an island expedition. mounted up, mount not visible, running at mounted speed, mount buff, abilities not dismounting me, even worse, when i died i didn’t fall dead or get the release corpse popup and still worse, after the spirit healer revived me, i still appeared dead and was pacified. this has only happened on this character.

This has been happening to me since yesterday aswell. Closing the client seems the only fix but it happens as soon as I talk to a quest giver. Can’t leave combat sometimes and can’t perform any actions while mounted except dismounting.

I’m seeing it too.

Same, having the same issue.

Happening to me too. Relogging seems to fix it for me, but only for a little while.

Had the same thing happen to me with Warmode on during a legion assault. I didn’t know I was mounted, but I couldn’t PVP properly (at all). I tried jumping and flew/swam away to safety.

I think the Wow program has finally crossed the threshold of self awareness
and is just screwing with us.

3 Likes

Anyone found any fix or what is causing this? I have had it happen to me numerous times. Sometimes relogging helps, other times I have to relog 5-6 times to clear it

This is happening to me too. I would love a fix.

I’m going to give this a bump up as I haven’t been able to find an answer to this question.

I just started having this issue myself tonight, and no matter what I did, my mounts would never show back up again. I’m not sure what’s causing this issue, but logging out and back in isn’t helping, and trying to play the game this way is pretty hard to do, as when you’re “mounted” you cannot attack. Sometimes I’m able to dismount using my keybind. Other times, I can’t and have to run for the hills.

Any response from a CM or someone would be greatly appreciated.

Add me to the growing list of people having this problem - combat locking, “You Are Mounted” issues, with invisible mounts. Had to log off because I can’t even interact with quest objects “mounted” or not. This is a rather annoying bug so it’d be nice to get this one fixed.

Bump up. This is still an issue. There has to be something out there to try and fix this. It makes playing impossible to do.

1 Like

I was in Tirisgarde Sound and same thing, I was making swimming motions through the air on a commercial flight path. As soon as the flight path crossed into Shadowsong Valley the mount appeared and the toon stopped his swimming motion and was properly mounted.

1 Like

I’ve had this several times on my Lightforged Draenei paladin, with the additional “feature” of Holy Power adders not adding Holy Power during combat, only to have them added after combat is over.

3 Likes

Same. Mount disappears and it seems to happen to me more when there are a lot of people toon’s around. Kinda fun running really fast though.

I have had the same issue