How's the horde side on here?

I come from WrA, and I tend to be a heavy roleplayer. I was curious how the rp was on the Horde side of MG. Especially for Trolls (Regular or Zandalari) and Nightbornes, being that they are my two favorite races to play.

I’m also a multi-paragraph roleplayer in case that matters (No, I don’t shame others who don’t multi-para, this is just a preference).

3 Likes

From my experience its a lot more quiet. The best bet would be to join the horde discords for the server. prepares list

6 Likes

Indeed it tends to be more quiet than what you’ll find on the blue side of the tracks on Moon Guard for public/rando RP. However, you will find that Hordeside RP is a bit more event-centric with guilds or inter-guild storylines and such. In fact, we have a Horde centralized server event starting up soon. Which you can find out about in the listed Discords above. Or here:

Pop on in for an event or two if you’d like to get a handle on Horde when it’s most active. Or just slink around Orgrimmar in the evening/night time hours by the Wyvern’s Tail. Either way, it’s definitely worth giving MG-H a chance. :smiley:

5 Likes

The main difference in regards to RP is that the faction as a whole has a different angle that most can see in that walk-up RP is not as prevalent as MG Alliance or WRA Horde but it’s FAR more focused on guild AND community events, focusing more on quality overall.

As Utenka stated above, the Coalition of the Horde will be hosting an RP Campaign soon with a Summit meeting to discuss things IC’ly this coming Monday! If you want to pop in and see how things are, feel free to do so!

3 Likes

Horde-side is very cozy. I’ve had a great experience of here.

2 Likes

Horde side, in my experience, is much more open and welcoming than Alliance side. I don’t know what it is with walkups on MG-A but it feels extremely difficult to find interactions if you’re not part of a social group. MG-H feels more open in that regard. There’s less people but I’ve honestly found more RP.

5 Likes

There’s alot of really nice folks Horde side, it’s a little bit smaller of a community than ally side but that just means it’s more tight knit, that being said I have met so many kind and wonderful people Horde side if you decide to roll a Hordie on this server the key is to find a good guild that suits your rp style and dip your toes into some of the upcoming Hordie rp events they’ve got rolling out! <3 But good bunch of folks I defs recommend <3

4 Likes

Basically the big differences between Horde and Alliance on MG is summed up in this way…

Alliance you are going to be able to do walk-ups pretty much anywhere in Stormwind. That is the defacto RP hangout and hub (Despite my desire to find RP elsewhere). On Horde side guilds and groups tend to spread their RP out across the zones and cities. A lot of RP in IC guild strongholds/areas, events, and social gatherings all over the place (Mostly in search of a place with chairs.)

MG Horde is very much alive and kicking and has a lot of great folks as well as the aforementioned campaign. Definitely don’t be discouraged if you go to Wyvern’s Tail and only see one or two folks or go to Silvermoon and only see people in Wayfarer’s Rest (Though, that my not be your cup of coffee there). We are here and always looking for new folks to help see the community thrive.

4 Likes

Just a head’s up, New to Moon Guard Horde (NMGH) has now merged with Coalition of the Horde. Still welcoming new folks, just under a more centralised banner. The NMGH link still works but the discord itself is for archival purposes only.

Great to see more folks supporting MG Horde and encouraging new people to give it a try.

MG Horde has its own charm and is pretty unique. People are friendly and accepting but you won’t know if you hide in a corner. Just be brave and talk to someone. We don’t bite!

6 Likes

I haven’t really noticed a difference in “quality” in one side or the other.

Your best bet is to check during peak hours, but Horde-side is a lot more guild centric to compensate for a significant lack of walk-up RP.

I will also say that MG-Horde also has a lot larger community of people who consider their characters to be NEUTRAL versus MG Alliance and WRA Horde, at least for the size of our community.

We’ve got Argent Crusade presence as well as others that are neutral. So if faction neutral RP is something you may be interested in, we have it as well.

5 Likes

You’ll have some folks try to promote Horde side here, saying that it’s got an OK RP community, a bit more guild based, behind closed doors etc.

They’re just being nice. The honest answer is that Horde RP for the most part is completely cooked on MG. If you’re interested in Horde RP, stay on WrA you won’t find any satisfaction here.

1 Like

Event oriented mainly, both guild/server-wise. The smaller community leads to fewer walk-ups, but the communities works to keep things spiced up.

Overall more members on MG-H would be wonderful, and I encourage you to take part in the multitude of events on the server. Can’t grow a community if everyone defaults to WRA-H

3 Likes

Unlike what some may say about the faction and telling people to stay on WRA or what have you, MG Horde isn’t dead or ‘cooked’ otherwise we wouldn’t have the numbers for a week-long RP campaign that’s set to start next week.

Fact of the matter is that our community overall isn’t lined up with walk-up and neither is Orgrimmar as a city because even on WRA Horde, walk-up RP is centralized in VoH, one section of the city completely unlike Stormwind on MG which is everywhere in the entire city (Barring the trade district).

Orgrimmar just isn’t great for it as a city, but despite that, being more public, visible and loud about our presence and life shows that we are here.

6 Likes

As someone who mains WRA-H I can safely tell you this post is absolutely false in every single aspect. WRA-H does have the population, but MG-H has a stronger community. WRA does not have the sort of server and community wide events that MG-H has.

8 Likes

Meanwhile…here is a large horde rp meeting of GMs in preparation for the upcoming campaign which had around 30 characters at just this 1 meeting THIS WEEK…

Here is the Undead Tavern Night which gets 25+ a week…

People who are not a part of the Horde MG-RP community should not speak for it.

8 Likes

Those pictures are clearly fake MG-H is dead!!! :rage::rage::rage:

All seriousness that last picture looks so much fun omg.

5 Likes

MG-H has been amazing RP! Very engaging towards the individual’s Character exploration! Love it!

5 Likes

Push come to shove you should join one of the discords mentioned and plant yourself in with some people to get a feel. I’m only partially active and I’m never left wanting for RP.

So give it a shot and find out for yourself!

6 Likes

Listen man, we appreciate you coming to the conversation.

However you have likely isolated yourself completely to the Alliance side so have no clue what is going on Horde. And that’s okay. But do not come in here speaking for other people and communities. Horde is alive and well and honestly, doing better than Alliance in some respects. I say this with my main being Alliance and as a GM on Alliance side.

Stay in your lane, we’ll stay in ours.

5 Likes