How's the horde side on here?

Who hurt you, Classic alt?

In any case, everyone else has already gone over the main points so I won’t reiterate them. Bottom line is we’re small, but growing, and yes such growth tends to be slow. However, my guild alone consists of a good chunk of WRA or Alliance converts/people who play both factions or both servers, so it’s not like people aren’t interested in MG-H.

I will say trying to pigeon hole people into one server per faction is a disservice to those people, and those server’s communities. It’s detrimental overall - cross-faction events are more complicated and difficult; there’s less variety, both in terms of projects and in people/social circles. Not everyone is going to fit into WRA-H’s community hegemony, or MG-A’s, or MG-H’s, or WRA-A’s and that’s fine.

What’s not fine is purposefully coming on an alt to hide yourself and attempting to enforce a BS status quo that’s not only damaged Moon Guard, but is now also harming your own preferred server of WRA. It’s already pretty much killed other RP servers, alongside other factors. People deserve to have a variety of choices before them and bouncing along to immediately shoot down something on an alt that’s not even on retail just tells us that you have a vendetta.

OP, I’m a MG main and thus my opinion is biased in favor of that. However, you should make a choice based on what’s best for you, and however you come to your conclusions is your business, but I would suggest trying both out and seeing which you like better. You also don’t have to only stick with one; many people don’t.

14 Likes

You’re confused but that’s understandable considering your mania for church RP.
You know Alliance not Horde.
Stick with what you know.
Like the Priory of Northshire, perhaps?

2 Likes

Daaaaamn! Some of ya’ll be angry XDD Geoffrey, you better stay in your lane, my boi.

Anyways! Thanks everyone for your answers, I definitely appreciate this. I’ll admit it’s a bit hard for me to find Rp mostly because (And please don’t crucify me for this) I’m a multi-paragraph roleplayer. And I know not everyone is like me and I completely and utterly respect that. That’s usually why I do ask what kind of roleplay is on different servers <3

So I appreciate y’all for telling me how it is! c:

3 Likes

As someone who left MG and has the opposite bias now that I’m on WrA, I would still nonetheless suggest giving MG Horde a shot. It’s certainly smaller than WrA, but there are a lot of very good, very creative, very dedicated folks in the community too. MG wasn’t the right fit for me anymore, but it could be for you. And if it is, that’s rad.

7 Likes

Ah, not so much angry as frustrated. We’ve been hearing the same song and dance of ‘MG Horde is DEAD’ since Cata, when it was at it’s peak, because some salty fools on Alliance were mad about losing a RP-PVP wargame. It became a meme, and then it became its own self-fulfilling prophecy. The more people repeated it, the more true it became - and the same thing is happening to WRA-A. The same thing has happened to Feathermoon. Proudmoore (actually not a RP server but apparently used to/has a community for RPers). Emerald Dream. Argent Dawn (US, not EU - AD-US was actually my home server, so this is the SECOND time I’ve seen this go down).

Of course those words aren’t all to blame, but they sure don’t help things get any better. It’s not that we think we’re any better than any other server, either - we’re just different than WRA-H, and that’s okay. Some people mesh with our community better, some people mesh with WRA-H better, more power to them. I just hate that every time this question comes up, someone rolls in - Alliance, or retail, or someone from another server - and says our very-much-alive community is dead, and they should go to WRA. Every. Single. Time.

Especially when you’ve put literal years of effort into attempting community-building and outreach for MG-H like some of us in this thread have. Every time it’s like getting kicked in the stomach and it feels awful.

10 Likes

Meanwhile tonight…60+ Horde RPers reported for duty in northern Org and then rode out to kick off an rp campaign.

7 Likes

Horde side is bueno, you just gotta know where to look! There is a forum thread with the discords to join, I suggest starting there! Its the same ones posted up above!

2 Likes

Ohhhh! Would you happen to have a link pretty please? c:

1 Like

It’s a stickied thread; check the top of the forums! But here:

2 Likes

I am more curious as to why u left for MG. What’s with WrA?

I am personally looking for a RP server to play and deciding between MG, ED and WrA.

There is nothing wrong with MG Horde, why some might come here is simply because they enjoy smaller communities where everyone knows one another.

As for people wondering why MG Horde is “smaller”, after MoP a lot of the big raiding guilds and big RP guilds (mainly Blood Elf center ones) slowly began to stop playing or transfer Alliance or off the server (in the case of the raiding guilds). This put Horde going into WoD on the downside. Legion and BFA just being poor expansions especially for Horde players didn’t help either.

People transferring to WrA has nothing to do with the quality of RP on MG, but rather the feeling of being in a MMO by seeing a large number of players. This is coming from someone who had been an active MG Horde player since Wrath up till BFA.

Shout out to the little goblin priest who has put a lot of work into bringing MG Horde back up. Only respect for that.

And as always,

Light save the Queen! We will return one day!

3 Likes

Oh hey Falki, thanks for the shout out but I am not the one who deserves all the credit. It really has been a community effort and if you look at the all the MG Horde folks in this thread, you’ll glimpse some of them.

I guess I was most active when MG Horde was at it’s lowest. I was the one telling the sad few remaining to not give up and I was the one getting most riled up when people would try to beat MG Horde down. I guess that made me memorable ( and the subject of memes).

But I do very little these days because well, MG Horde doesn’t need first aid anymore. It is alive and thriving and steadily growing. All the wonderful people at Coalition of the Horde have been bringing us fantastic server events that rival some of our neighbours.

MG Horde is a fabulous place and you don’t need me to tell you that. I’ll be the one sitting in the background by the pool enjoying a cocktail with my goblin pals.

The hard work is done. Come and see all that we have achieved!

7 Likes

Don’t let them fool you, I’m the only horde on this server, rest are alliance alts!

I didn’t leave MRA per say. I still have characters there but I have just come to realize that what I am looking for, I have yet to find WrA. Or at least, haven’t found it in a long time, hence why I figured I would try other realms. WrA is very RP focused, but it focuses a lot on city RP and public RP. I personally prefer 1 on 1, I am a paragraph roleplayer and I like personal stories and development over big events and whatnot. Hence why I asked.

If 1 on 1 is your style, Moonguard is a go for Horde for sure. Lots of smaller stuff.

Oh is it? Maybe I was tricked due to the fact that I saw a TON of city rp. Maybe I just don’t know where to look.

If you want Horde RP in the small group away from the hustle and bustle then Moonguard is the way to go. YES, we have City RP but youll find that in every server. If you want a place to look, the MoonGuard Forums has a discord list and maybe start there asking for a guild or such that can point you in the right direction. Or you can ask one of the MG H old people who are in the loop to get you situated!

I’ll give it a go next time I pay for a month! Thank you!

1 Like